12250706374_8feb4a5fa4_b.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    @lexD wrote:
    Nice did you stick with 26/36 rings?

Yes. 32 is too small.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Apart from the massively angled saddle that looks really good!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    I wouldn't say it's massively angled... The bars are a great touch.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • rockmonkeysc
    declan1 wrote:

The saddle is pretty much horizontal, slightly nose down but only a little.
    Or do you mean the slack seat tube angle?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    declan1 wrote:

The saddle is pretty much horizontal, slightly nose down but only a little.
    Or do you mean the slack seat tube angle?

I mean the saddle angle - look at my bike and you'll see what level looks like. Doesn't that put all of your weight on the bars?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Maybe its deceptive in the photo. The saddle is level.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    That seat is pulled up pretty night too, short seat tube I guess
  • rockmonkeysc
    I haven't had the shock Pushed yet, I destroyed another (3rd in a year!) wheel on my dh bike so that had to come first.
    Trying to decide if I should go for a Reverb or Push first
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Reverb, wait till the shock needs servicing to push it
  • rockmonkeysc
    I have ordered some shiny new bits to make it more fun to ride.
    Reverb (not stealth) to make enduro racing a bit easier on my old legs. 125 drop, 150 would be a bit tight for any adjustment.
    New stem. 35mm Easton Havoc in bright orange. Just need a slight adjustment to get my weight just a little further back.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Look forward to see some fresh pics then when they arrive! :D
  • murdzhi
    murdzhi Posts: 14
    Been eyeing one of these for a while now but still wondering whether I should go for a large or for an extra large. I'm 184cm which is roughly 6ft and half an inch with an inside leg of 86cm which is 2ft 10in. I'm used to riding an XL Santa Cruz Chameleon - it feels great on the climbs but just a little bit too big on very steep and technical downs. Comparing geometries doesn't help at all and perplexes me even more. According to Nukeproof's sizing charts I'm size large but my legs could accommodate an XL as well. So I'd rather go for a bigger frame with a very short stem because I'm eager to try that combo. I'm only slightly concerned that it would feel a bit cumbersome in tight corners and technical descents and what I really want with this bike is for it to be nimble but a good climber too. Unfortunately where I live there's no way I could do a test ride and decide for myself so any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Still got a front mech on there?!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Still got a front mech on there?!

He'll have fun trying to fit everything on the bars with 2 shifters a reverb remote and shimano brakes! :lol: Fitting a front mech for the CCC2CC reminded me why I don't normally use one! It was a royal PITA just trying to get it all synced nicely without something being in a stupid position. One of the things I love about 1x drivetrains. Dropper on the left, shifter on the right, job done.
  • rockmonkeysc
    My regular riding spots are the Quantocks and Exmoor so the front mech is staying until Shimano make 11 speed SLX! Some of the climbs on Exmoor go on forever and keep getting steeper.

Murdzhi, im on the limit for an XL and pretty much tge same size as you but I like large frames. The whole idea of smaller frames being easier to ride harder just doesn't work for me, I need a long top tube. I find I have no problem getting the saddle low enough but I don't feel the need to drop it a foot for the slightest descent like some people seem to.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    My regular riding spots are the Quantocks and Exmoor so the front mech is staying until Shimano make 11 speed SLX! Some of the climbs on Exmoor go on forever and keep getting steeper.

You should try living in Wales :wink:
  • rockmonkeysc
    lawman wrote:

You should try living in Wales :wink:

I can't, I don't speak Welsh.
  • murdzhi
    Murdzhi, im on the limit for an XL and pretty much tge same size as you but I like large frames. The whole idea of smaller frames being easier to ride harder just doesn't work for me, I need a long top tube. I find I have no problem getting the saddle low enough but I don't feel the need to drop it a foot for the slightest descent like some people seem to.

I'm more concerned with the longer wheelbase than I am with the height of the seat tube. And I need a long top tube too because I get to climb a lot where I live and because it definitely feels better for me. Looks like I'm pretty much decided on an XL. Gonna give it a try with a 30mm stem.
  • rockmonkeysc
    A longer top tube is better for climbing. Even with the 50mm stem, my XL mega has a shorter reach than my old large Anthem X with a 90mm stem. These bikes climb really well.
    Where do you ride?
  • murdzhi
    I ride in Bulgaria, mostly high alpine natural trails often with 1000+ metres of climbing and descending, all day rides, lots of rocky sections but smooth flowing tracks as well. Hope the Mega TR will be my do-it-all bike.
  • rockmonkeysc
    It should be ideal. Not too heavy going on the climbs and burly enough on descents to get a bit lairy.
  • murdzhi
    That's what I've been thinking too. Don't want a heavier longer travel bike at this point. The TR should be enough and I'm gonna build it with a 160mm fork anyway. Thanks for the thoughts.
  • rockmonkeysc
    edited April 2014
    Reverb (125mm drop) and Easton Havoc 35mm stem fitted.

0WTHW2
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    @lexD wrote:
    Sorry monkey no see :0(

Same
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    No worky!
  • fizik
    fizik Posts: 247
    will be interested to hear how it rides with a 35mm stem, I am mid way through building up an xl TR with the same