The rules for sandwiches

124»

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Daz555 wrote:
    Rules for bacon:

1. Wholemeal bread is best but should be left in the bread bin when it comes to bacon. White only.
    2. We all love a thick "doorstop" sandwich but bread which is too thick kills a bacon sandwich.
    3. Red or brown sauce go on sausages, not bacon.
    4. A fried egg and bacon were meant to be together.
    5. A yolk which does not instantly explode on first bite is very overcooked.
    6. A bacon or bacon & egg sandwich should be washed down with a cold glass of milk.
    7. Streaky bacon belongs on turkeys, not sandwiches.
    8. Toast belongs under beans. It should not come anywhere near bacon.

Gold star, 8/8

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Daz555 wrote:
    Rules for bacon:

1. Wholemeal bread is best but should be left in the bread bin when it comes to bacon. White only.
    2. We all love a thick "doorstop" sandwich but bread which is too thick kills a bacon sandwich.
    3. Red or brown sauce go on sausages, not bacon.
    4. A fried egg and bacon were meant to be together.
    5. A yolk which does not instantly explode on first bite is very overcooked.
    6. A bacon or bacon & egg sandwich should be washed down with a cold glass of milk.
    7. Streaky bacon belongs on turkeys, not sandwiches.
    8. Toast belongs under beans. It should not come anywhere near bacon.
    With a rusk on the side?

Steaming hot mug of tea is the manly choice.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Have any of the dedicated bacon sandwich researchers who've contributed to this thread so far ever tried making a gammon steak sandwich? With a couple of eggs? There's a sandwich for people who say they're going to have a sandwich and really mean it.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Have any of the dedicated bacon sandwich researchers who've contributed to this thread so far ever tried making a gammon steak sandwich? With a couple of eggs? There's a sandwich for people who say they're going to have a sandwich and really mean it.

I've done that plenty of times. I pretty much always put too much stuff in and can't fit it in my mouth. My favourite these days is nice thick slab of some off the bone ham, a few slices of pastrami, some bacon, lots of cheese with some herbs sprinkled in and then oven baked for 5 minutes until the bread is crispy and brown. This must be done with very thickly sliced white bread that is homemade.

Next time I make it i'll snap a picture and upload it.