The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    James McClean at the Baggies. Turns his back on the national anthem, refuses to wear a shirt emblazoned with a poppy because of his political views. Fair enough, his choice.
    His anti English ( Not British. He represented N Ireland) principles don't stretch as far as plying his trade in the less well paid Irish league, instead of collecting tainted pounds in EPL do they?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    2704FC2E00000578-3013322-image-a-20_1427391812727.jpg

Does that advertising hoarding behind him really say " Building Bridges" You know how JT can get misquoted by other players.

Sure it doesn't say " Shagging Bridges Girlfriend, Paying for an abortion, then gagging her and the press!"

What a guy!

290EB95100000578-0-image-a-31_1432558891096.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Love Cesc, always was and always will be a legend!!!

And just to back my point , I hate Cole, nothing to do with his choice of Club after Arsenal, I just think as a human being he's an all round tosser.

I have always partially feared that an England team containing Cole AND Terry would actually win a tournament in case there was a public ( sun readers ) clamour for them to be honoured in the same way as Hurst , Charlton, Peters, and Moore were.

I can honestly say I would give all my own medals back in disgust!!!!!! I 'd probably do the same now if any England squad containing Rooney and Sterling achieved similar.
  • cornerblock
    A-Cole-and-CL.jpg
  • tim_wand
    A-Cole-and-CL.jpg

Allegedly he had a similar interaction with Jemaine Pennants penis in a car park!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    edited July 2015
    Looking at that CL trophy, isn't it amazing what any old c*** can win :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    As I said a few days ago :D
    This got me humming an old tune :)

11701020_868683149835248_3177600138815441223_n.jpg?oh=82ae0ffc86663e8c58423ff39b74d7fb&oe=5614217F
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    My only comments on this:

1. Losing Czech is a great loss. Far too good to let go, especially to a major rival.
    2 I used to think that Cole was clock but over the past couple of years that's started to change: he's done a couple of good interviews, a few funny moments and seems to have managed something that 99% of British players haven't managed to do - play well and live in Italy. Seems that away from Cheryl's propaganda machine he's not an utter bell end
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Ashley Cole was a cracking player. Can't remember a bad game he had for England. He 'does the dirty on a national treasure :roll: ' and gets slaughtered in the papers at every opportunity.
    Meanwhile the shirt salesman, who is much less a player becomes 'Goldenballs'.
    Funny ole game as Greavsie used to say.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That as maybe - Terry is still a bell end of the highest, highest order. Odious oik of a man.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

2 I used to think that Cole was clock but over the past couple of years that's started to change: he's done a couple of good interviews, a few funny moments and seems to have managed something that 99% of British players haven't managed to do - play well and live in Italy. Seems that away from Cheryl's propaganda machine he's not an utter bell end

You've not really been following his career in Italy have you?

And I'm afraid he's very definitely a cock of highest order.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    That as maybe - Terry is still a bell end of the highest, highest order. Odious oik of a man.

Agree entirely. What did it for me about Terry is when he was found out to have sold the match box he is entitled to at Wembley as England captain for £10k cash per game!! As if he needed the money. Greed. Pure Greed.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    Terry is just a cockney lad. 'Alfie' anyone?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    Theoretical question ( I hope to god ). Terry and Beckham are Knighted in the future.

Would you actually address either of them as Sir?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I can see Beckham getting knighted but never Terry.

As for how i'd address them, i've never actually addressed them as David or John so probably wouldn't see a need to call them sir!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • cornerblock

And I'm afraid he's very definitely a fool of highest order.

Why's that then? Were you a massive Girls Aloud/ Cheryl fan? He's actually a very nice bloke, no saint, but who is?
  • Stevo_666

1. Losing Czech is a great loss. Far too good to let go, although at least it wasn't to a major rival.
    FTFY.
  • tim_wand
    I think we should put an end to all this hand bagging!!! Main protagonists of each Club. £20 a man in the virtual pot. Whosever club wins the title name the charity of your choice :?:

I ll allow TimmyTurbo to only put £5 in :lol:
  • Stevo_666
      I think we should put an end to all this hand bagging!!! Main protagonists of each Club. £20 a man in the virtual pot. Whosever club wins the title name the charity of your choice :?:

This thread is the handbagging thread; do you know nothing? :D Granted, City Boy is in hibernation after he was seriously out-handbagged last season, but he'll back soon :)

I'm in for £20 (heads off to see if there are any John Terry charities :P )
    • turbotommy
      turbotommy Posts: 493

Why's that then? Were you a massive Girls Aloud/ Cheryl fan? He's actually a very nice bloke, no saint, but who is?

‘When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road. He (former Arsenal Director David Dein) is taking the piss Jonathan! I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard.’

Ashley Cole, all round classy guy! :D
      tim wand wrote:

Haha! F U Tim!! :D

To be fair though, I think sticking the money on the lottery is probably a sounder investment from my point of view...
      Cannondale caad7 ultegra
      S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
      Colnago c64 etap wifli
      Brother Swift
    • Stevo_666

‘When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road. He (former Arsenal Director David Dein) is taking the wee-wee Jonathan! I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard.’

tim wand wrote:

Haha! F U Tim!! :D

To be fair though, I think sticking the money on the lottery is probably a sounder investment from my point of view...
      I reckon Tim should be entitles to a concessionary rate as well. Same goes for everyone apart from me, Cornerblock and Mr falle :D
    • pinno
      pinno Posts: 52,121
      Do I get a discount too? I mean we will get 3rd or 4th place so I can't pick my own team and if more than 3 people pick a team that wins, it's slim pickings.
      A fantasy football league? Someone good at numbers would have to be administrator... now who could do that... let me think...
      seanoconn - gruagach craic!
    • Stevo_666
      Do I get a discount too? I mean we will get 3rd or 4th place so I can't pick my own team and if more than 3 people pick a team that wins, it's slim pickings.
      A fantasy football league? Someone good at numbers would have to be administrator... now who could do that... let me think...
      How about someone with some spare time....
    • cornerblock

‘When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road. He (former Arsenal Director David Dein) is taking the wee-wee Jonathan! I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard.’

That it! Blimey! Man gets annoyed at a broken promise and ghost writer dresses it up a bit, woooohhh! Hardly the crime of the century is it? You wouldn't be a jilted Arsenal fan by any chance would you?
    • turbotommy
      turbotommy Posts: 493

That it! Blimey! Man gets annoyed at a broken promise and ghost writer dresses it up a bit, woooohhh! Hardly the crime of the century is it? You wouldn't be a jilted Arsenal fan by any chance would you?

Nah just a bitter yid here! So yes, to be fair, Cole was always fighting an uphill battle to gain me as a fan. Never suggested it was the crime of the century though, just an indication that Cole's an oblivious tw@t. But hey, maybe Cole is just an unfortunate victim in all the stupid things he's said and done over the years...

With regards betting on the league we could try and handicap teams depending on their points total last season and a general consensus (if possible) on how they'll do this year?
      Cannondale caad7 ultegra
      S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
      Colnago c64 etap wifli
      Brother Swift
    • Flâneur
      Flâneur Posts: 3,081
      http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The regular game
      League is called "The BB" code 661123-164283
      Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
      Crudder
      CX
      Toy
    • lostboysaint
      lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

And I'm afraid he's very definitely a fool of highest order.

Yeah that's me, busted.

No he isn't. My experience, and just about everyone I know who has had any dealings with him, says otherwise. He's an odious little shit, but - to give him some credit - he's realised that his public persona is somewhat less than good so gave a few interviews which made the media give him the "maligned and misunderstood" tag, but in the meantime he still behaves like a spoiled child in his life.
      Trail fun - Transition Bandit
      Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
      Allround - Cotic Solaris
    • tim_wand
      http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The regular game
      League is called "The BB" code 661123-164283

Cheers for that I ll drop a team in over the weekend. Needless to say there will be no Benteke in it. Although I might see how much Milner is?
    • chris_bass
      chris_bass Posts: 4,913
      I'm in!

So you can be safe in the knowledge that none of you will finish last!!
      www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
    • tim_wand
      Me too, I picked 15 Jon Terry's :D