The Friday night christ i'm f.ucking bored thread...

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Pidcock:

Olympic mountain bike xc champion
    World Cyclo cross champion

...wins Alpe d'Huez stage on his tour debut.

(Could teach Vingagaard and Pogacar how to descend)

as Ugo said, no one else actuslly cared about it.

it came down to a bloke who jumped in a fountain for publicity and a bloke who crashed into a wall a couple of years earlier.

not exactly a classic.

You really don’t like him do you. Did he slag off your clubbie kit when he rode past you.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I don't not like him i just don't see what all the hyperbolic fuss is apart from jingoism.

as above - the Leicester City of cyclists. nice enough, a random bit of success here and there but not exactly consistent.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,377
    edited July 2022
    MattFalle said:

I don't not like him i just don't see what all the hyperbolic fuss is apart from jingoism.

as above - the Leicester City of cyclists. nice enough, a random bit of success here and there but not exactly consistent.

Multi disciplined and only 22, wins a tour stage on his debut.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,697
    Hyperbole? Jingoism? No flagsh4gger me, not at all. But I think he's a open friendly type of guy, heard him on a couple of podcasts, last one Never Strays Far/Car (?) and he sounds ok. He isn't WvA but he's done ok so far.
  • MattFalle
    so what? Pog won 3 stages and the whole thing on his debut.

even Wiggins rates Adam Yates as Britain's next big thing.

pidcock is good but not as good as Brits would like him to be.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,567
    Former Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins has hailed Tom Pidcock’s historic Stage 12 win on Thursday as “a big day for British cycling” and that it felt like a “handing over of the baton.”
    The Bradley Wiggins Show, Wiggins was joined by Matt Stephens to dissect the day, with both effusive in their praise for the 22-year-old.
    “Still trying to get my head around it…” Wiggins began the show by saying. “Tom Pidcock, I mean what can you say about Tom Pidcock that hasn’t already been said? Other than that he’s living up the hype isn’t he?”
  • orraloon
    ^ Yebbut. That's Wiggo. On the telly. 'Nuff said.
  • masjer
    Sir Wiggins won the TDF at 32, so he must have been a really cr@p cyclist
  • masjer
    As the saying goes, If you haven't won the TDF by 22, give up you overhyped pile of poo.
  • webboo
    What do clubbies like MF know. Clearly very little.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Adam Yates won't win a GT in the current crop of cyclists.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

But I think he's a open friendly type of guy, heard him on a couple of podcasts, last one Never Strays Far/Car (?) and he sounds ok. He isn't WvA but he's done ok so far.

Yep, long way to go, much potential.

He crashed in a cx race in front of a cameraman and when he got up he said "Did you get that?" with enthusiasm.
    I don't know if Pidcock has a GT in him. I wonder what his future plans are and where do they go with him.

• orraloon
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

But I think he's a open friendly type of guy, heard him on a couple of podcasts, last one Never Strays Far/Car (?) and he sounds ok. He isn't WvA but he's done ok so far.

Yep, long way to go, much potential.

He crashed in a cx race in front of a cameraman and when he got up he said "Did you get that?" with enthusiasm.
    I don't know if Pidcock has a GT in him. I wonder what his future plans are and where do they go with him.

Indeed. I think he's a less super-physique WvA but similar in the 'yeah I can do whatever' approach. Will be interesting to see how or if he develops.

(So MFs, is that jingoistic flagshaggng? A: No)
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Adam Yates won't win a GT in the current crop of cyclists.
    this MF agrees with as well but lets not shatter all their hearts at once.
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

oh Webbo. Webbo Webbo Webbo.

You did a lot of "tiday is Pidders' day" this T de F and part from the one day when no one else apart from the bloke who crashed himself into a wall was interested he actually didn't do a lot, tbh.

pretty commonvtheme through this years RR season tbh.

• webboo
    MattFalle said:

webboo said:

oh Webbo. Webbo Webbo Webbo.

You did a lot of "tiday is Pidders' day" this T de F and part from the one day when no one else apart from the bloke who crashed himself into a wall was interested he actually didn't do a lot, tbh.

pretty commonvtheme through this years RR season tbh.

Come on Walter you can do better than that.
  • pinno
    Who's in da house?

(could be @sungod on his jimmy todd :smiley: )

Are you back in the land of the Tabby?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,820
    If you all are talking Tom Piddles on a Friday night, you are not only f.ucking bored, you ain't drinking enough.........or not quickly enough.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pinno

If you all are talking Tom Piddles on a Friday night, you are not only f.ucking bored, you ain't drinking enough.........or not quickly enough.

I've had 2 cans of the black stuff* and didn't once mention Piddles**, or Tibbles or anyone for that matter.

Will sod off to bed and look forward to a warm, wet ride*** tomorrow.

*My alcohol tolerance is pi$$ poor, unlike the dizzy height I reached during student days but at least it's cheaper.

**Piddles. What a star. Hopefully he will liven up the CX season (although the majority of my attention will be on the effusive Annemarie Worst).

***It's a C60 with SR and Fulcrum zero's - can't stop riding her.
    If there was no Covid there wouldn't have been a lockdown and if there was no lockdown, the bubble wouldn't have popped and there wouldn't be a plethora of high end bikes going cheap.
  • pinno
    That time again.

Praying the forecast is wrong so that an early night is followed by an early cycle.
    Not many opportunities left what with the girls back at school next week.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    Did a decent ride earlier taking in Ide Hill and Toys Hill. Knackered now so refuelling with cider :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    pinno said:

That time again.

Praying the forecast is wrong so that an early night is followed by an early cycle.
    Not many opportunities left what with the girls back at school next week.

If you're bored I could be posted you some of these tubes to patch.
    Ive been sitying outside doing them for tge last 2 hours, Just about managed to find the hole in the dark.
  • pinno
    Vittoria Corsa's + latex inner tubes = hardly any punctures.

But you go off road a lot don't you?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Weather looks good for an early ride for me. Then putting stuff in storage instead of taking it to the new place, as both sets of solicitors have managed to screw up a chainless transaction, won't be able to complete/make it down there until we get back from Spain. We've been able to postpone delivery of beds/table/sofas etc. Living room full of boxes of other stuff though.
  • thistle_
    Not so much these days, only every now and then on the CAAD12 :sunglasses:

It's the usual road junk that gives the punctures though - thorns from cut hedges, broken glass etc.
  • pinno
    What's this broken glass business that you and SG speak of? What sort of sh*t holes do you frequent? Where does this broken glass come from?
    Hedge cutting happens only in the months with an 'r' in them as it's law in jockland and usually Jan/Feb.
  • pinno

...solicitors have managed to screw up a chainless transaction...

House purchasing up here is quite different and I am glad,

It can take as little as six weeks to exchange on a property purchase in England, although, at the other end of the scale, some transactions take months to reach that stage.

In Scotland, there is no single contract that binds both seller and buyer to the transaction.

Instead, solicitors on both sides will exchange a series of official, signed letters regarding the sale, which are known as ‘missives’.

Once all the missives are concluded, the sale is legally binding, and this can be as quick as one or two weeks.

https://www.martinco.com/news/buying-property-scotland-vs-england
  • pinno
    The weather is looking pants... As pants as Boris and that muddle of buggers he has presided badly over.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,875
    I cycled and then went to the pub - had a great Friday
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

It can take as little as six weeks to exchange on a property purchase in England

It's over 10 years ago now, but mine took 3 weeks to complete, and even then the solicitors sat on their bum doing nothing for 1 of those.
    Months seems to be the norm now from what friends are saying.