cat

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
saw a cat cop it this morning on Queens Ride, Putney.

About 7.50am.

beautiful white fluffly thing - like a snow leopard. Ran out in to the road and hit by a 4X4.
horrible to witness. I was travelling in the opposite direction and saw it all unfold.

Made me feel really sad. :cry:

Did anyone see this? I'm curious to know that the body has been recovered. It was too beautiful a creature to be left in the road.
(I didn't stop though).

Comments

• Excellent news :D
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    shortcuts wrote:
    Excellent news :D

Excellent news? Troll? That someones pet is now lieing dead in the street.... Ok then! Guessing you are one of the camp, cats are Vermin etc. If you own any animals I hope they don't get run over, die suddenly. It isn't pleasent if you are attached to an animal.
  • twist83 wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Excellent news? Troll? That someones pet is now lieing dead in the street.... Ok then! Guessing you are one of the camp, cats are Vermin etc. If you own any animals I hope they don't get run over, die suddenly. It isn't pleasent if you are attached to an animal.
    I know that. But it won't be crapping on someone elses garden now!
    Have your opinion, to which you are entitled, but allow me mine too. I personally am fed up with cats and cat owners who allow them to roam free to crap wherever they see fit, and then defend the cats right to do so, without a care for others thoughts, opinions or feelings.
    And don't get me started on the effect they have on wildlife.
    As said, have your opinion. I too reserve the right to have an alternative view.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Sad news, that's somebody's pet :(
  • But the owners will be able to help their kids to come to terms with the loss of their pet by explaining that pussy will no longer be crapping freely on other peoples' gardens or catching endangered birds and mice. They'll totally get that.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.
  • shortcuts wrote:

I hope you'll not mind too much when people rejoice at the news that you've lost something or someone that you hold very dear to you.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    My commute has been littered with carrion this week; foxes, badgers rabbits, birds, all sorts. I guess it's just the dark mornings drawing in.

Fortunately no cats or dogs - as much as I dislike cats its terribly sad to see them squished - they are invariably beloved pets.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    shortcuts wrote:
    twist83 wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Have your opinion, to which you are entitled, but allow me mine too. I personally am fed up with cats and cat owners who allow them to roam free to crap wherever they see fit, and then defend the cats right to do so, without a care for others thoughts, opinions or feelings.
    As said, have your opinion. I too reserve the right to have an alternative view.

Def trolling.

You could also argue that humans have a bigger impact on wildlife than cats... and the cats doesn't know that its your garden that its crapping in and TBH its only you and other humans that define it as yours. All the other things couldn't give a rats if its "your" garden or not.

And, no, I don't particularly like cats.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I have no problems with your views guys and girls. You are entitled. But I am not 'trolling' and still uphold my right to an opinion of my own so speak as you find. It worries me not.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    rubertoe wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:
    twist83 wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Def trolling.

You could also argue that humans have a bigger impact on wildlife than cats... and the cats doesn't know that its your garden that its crapping in and TBH its only you and other humans that define it as yours. All the other things couldn't give a rats if its "your" garden or not.

As far as the cat is concerned it's theirs ... and everything and everyone else is just there to be used by said cat ...
  • shortcuts wrote:
    I have no problems with your views guys and girls. You are entitled. But I am not 'trolling' and still uphold my right to an opinion of my own so speak as you find. It worries me not.

And you are entitled to your views, not everyone likes cats, me included. Not liking cats is one thing, the problem some people may have though is the fact that the death of a living creature would make you happy, so happy that you even added an emoticon to emphasise the fact.

Personally I find your reaction a bit wonky.
  • shortcuts wrote:
    I have no problems with your views guys and girls. You are entitled. But I am not 'trolling' and still uphold my right to an opinion of my own so speak as you find. It worries me not.

And you are entitled to your views, not everyone likes cats, me included. Not liking cats is one thing, the problem some people may have though is the fact that the death of a living creature would make you happy, so happy that you even added an emoticon to emphasise the fact.

Okay.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Slowbike wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:
    twist83 wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Def trolling.

As far as the cat is concerned it's theirs ... and everything and everyone else is just there to be used by said cat ...

Just like us as humans then.....
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    shortcuts wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Okay.
    Homicidal maniacs start with pets.
    Just a point.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • :lol::D:lol:
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    twist83 wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:
    twist83 wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Def trolling.

Just like us as humans then.....

Not quite - Cats are right ... ;)
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    shortcuts wrote:

At least you didn't have the nerve to say this on twitter, the Police would be preparing a case against you as we speak, and some of the forumites here would be helping them. Cat hate is a really really serious crime.

</sarcasm>
  • davmaggs wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

At least you didn't have the nerve to say this on twitter, the Police would be preparing a case against you as we speak, and some of the forumites here would be helping them. Cat hate is a really really serious crime.

</sarcasm>
    Oh help :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    vermin wrote:
    My commute has been littered with carrion this week; foxes, badgers rabbits, birds, all sorts. I guess it's just the dark mornings drawing in.

Fortunately no cats or dogs - as much as I dislike cats its terribly sad to see them squished - they are invariably beloved pets.
    Can I be the exception to prove the rule? Can't stand our cats, bloody awful things. But the wife and kids would be sad if they were squished, if the cats were squished that is.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    shortcuts wrote:
    If you're not trolling, then your inability to empathise with someone in grief is an indicator of a possible personality disorder, or maybe a YouTube commenter...
  • jamesco wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:
    If you're not trolling, then your inability to empathise with someone in grief is an indicator of a possible personality disorder, or maybe a YouTube commenter...

Do you think he's been shopping in Tescos recently?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Awww, thats sad. Someone's pet isn't coming home :(
    shortcuts wrote:

What a disappointing way to exercise this right...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Bit off topic but cats are an absolute pain in the proverbial to bury, not that I've ever killed any by the way before I get flamed :)

When we've had pet moggies die in the past you have to bury the little critter pretty deep so the foxes don't get them, either that or pay the vet a small fortune to incinerate them for you :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • jamesco wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Whois the victim hear?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    jamesco wrote:
    shortcuts wrote:

Whois the victim hear?

Decency. Hear, hear.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    arran77 wrote:
    Bit off topic but cats are an absolute pain in the proverbial to bury, not that I've ever killed any by the way before I get flamed :)

When we've had pet moggies die in the past you have to bury the little critter pretty deep so the foxes don't get them, either that or pay the vet a small fortune to incinerate them for you :shock:

And that is why they go in the wheelie bin of course!
  • Oh dear.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    davmaggs wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

And that is why they go in the wheelie bin of course!

yopd.gif

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    arran77 wrote:

Especially in a paved courtyard garden. Mind you the foxes would have trouble lifting the paving at least.
  • Yep you've got to watch out for those cats.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ial-38531/