World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• Surely if you are receiving mechanical assistance then you should go at the same pace as the rest rather than having the driver hit the accelerator?
  • Oh my Nibs form is huge. Bridged. Surprised no team mate helped him.

Spain has big numbers and have done no work.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Not quite sure why Boardman is so shocked they might very well be waiting for the final climb....
  • emadden wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    Team GB: This is why you dont quit because of rain. In a race of attrition such as this, you never know what will happen. In you're not in, you cant win.
    They were minutes down so the guys that fell could get back up and ride into the distance before Froome appeared

No excuse.
    No excuse needed, you either have the legs on the day or you don't.. They didn't. It's not a stage race so no point killing yourself to minimise gap as you would in stage race, once your dropped here that's it.
  • hammerite wrote:
    Atapuma making friends with Gilbert for next season!

Isnt he riding for the other Colombians too?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Nibali back, with a lot of assistance...

:roll:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Given his 200+km on the front Huzarski really should have been dropped by Visconti at the front.
  • Italian mechanics to use Lamboughinis next year
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Gazzetta67
    I hope Valverde does not get this...spanish have wheel sucked all day long.
  • Oh my Nibs form is huge. Bridged. Surprised no team mate helped him.

yes including the steak eater, so if he wins is he a lightweight for wheel sucking whole race? :wink:
  • hammerite
    hammerite wrote:
    Atapuma making friends with Gilbert for next season!

Isnt he riding for the other Colombians too?

Given he's the only Colombian in a line of Belgians at the front I'm not so sure!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Simon Clarke was right up there last year. Think he was top 5 even?
  • rick_chasey
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

And the Swiss haven't?
  • Contador dropped. Bakelandts dropped.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Come on, teams.

What a final 4 laps this is going to be. What a final 2 laps this is going to be. What a final last 500m this is going to be.
  • hammerite
    Oh my Nibs form is huge. Bridged. Surprised no team mate helped him.

yes including the steak eater, so if he wins is he a lightweight for wheel sucking whole race? :wink:

Panache for riding a smart race.
  • WTF how is Degenkob still there ? :D See this all coming down to last climb, playing into classics guys, unless someone like Uran or Quintana go soon.
  • rick_chasey
    WTF how is Degenkob still there ? :D See this all coming down to last climb, playing into classics guys, unless someone like Uran or Quintana go soon.

He was there in the final lap in Valkenberg too wasn't he?
  • Gazzetta67
    and the swiss too :D
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    emadden wrote:
    emadden wrote:
    Team GB: This is why you dont quit because of rain. In a race of attrition such as this, you never know what will happen. In you're not in, you cant win.
    They were minutes down so the guys that fell could get back up and ride into the distance before Froome appeared

No excuse.
    No excuse needed, you either have the legs on the day or you don't.. They didn't. It's not a stage race so no point killing yourself to minimise gap as you would in stage race, once your dropped here that's it.

Its the freaking Worlds, not the Tour of Ambleside i.e. a race which deserves to be taken seriously
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Very disappointed the group is so large. Not even some lesser names have tried.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:

I'm more concerned about his dirty past than whether he's wheel sucking or not.
  • Gazzetta67
    Stybar still there ....good outside bet for a toughman
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Literally 20 riders who could win this.
  • Im glad it is reasonably dry now. Didnt want to see the riders descend like maniacs on those white lines.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    23k to go and a kazak has a p!ss...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    One Spanish doper gets the team car back up to the peloton as the other goes out the back.
  • Very disappointed the group is so large. Not even some lesser names have tried.
    This race would have been totally different if it wasn't wet. Effectively neutralised attacks for the most part.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm liking Degenkolb's chances more with every kilometre.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hammerite
    emadden wrote:

Its the freaking Worlds, not the Tour of Ambleside i.e. a race which deserves to be taken seriously

without really wanting to weigh in on the argument.... have you seen how many riders usually pull out of a Worlds race? Bar last year and the race in Copenhagen there's usually a shed load (see Varese and Mendirisio). Once you're dropped from the main bunch as a rule you've had it.

Which is why the GB riders need to ride a smarter race and not give everyone an armchair ride for the first 100km.