Vuelta Stage 16- spoiler

124»

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    I've just read that Barguil is 1.83m tall but just 60kg. Surely that can't be right - even though it's the Argos website that says it. That puts his BMI at just 17.9, compared with, for example, Froome at 19.7

Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 16h
    #vuelta Barguil 1m86 pour 56 kg. Correct ?

barguil ‏@WarrenBarguil 15h
    @festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

And he still looks classy. Unlike that ridiculous physique of Froome.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've just read that Barguil is 1.83m tall but just 60kg. Surely that can't be right - even though it's the Argos website that says it. That puts his BMI at just 17.9, compared with, for example, Froome at 19.7

@festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

But he's much thinner than Froome (who I don't think is particulary thin anyway - just has weirdly long arms). Those who freaked out about Froome surely need to double that for Barguil. I doubt there's a pro cyclist with a lower BMI.
    And Vayer thinking that 1.86 and 56kg were credible numbers shows what a lousy 'scientist' he is. (He's not a scientist, he's a PE teacher).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:

@festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

I know you're fishing, FF. But give it a f*ckin rest.
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    I'm just cycling'd out, too many other things on to watch instead (plus work to be done during the week). Spent all Sunday at the housemate's Hockey Club watching the games..there were some really good ones!
    You should have a go yourself. Dutch clubs all seem to have about 25 teams so there should be room for you.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Since Dutch hockey is clearly more interesting than a Vuelta which is of no importance without the proper Heavyweight riders from Sky, I feel that I should mention that I once (back in about 1980) won a nice trophy for the "goal of the tournament" in a tournament in Alkmaar. I scored with a spectacular flying kick off a chest-high cross from the left wing who had come into the D on the goal line, the ball looped into the top corner of the net in a beautiful arc.
    The coach used to spend a lot of time trying to get me to use more orthodox 'keeping techniques, and I certainly didn't ever score an own goal trying to clear my lines that way again.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I'm just cycling'd out, too many other things on to watch instead (plus work to be done during the week). Spent all Sunday at the housemate's Hockey Club watching the games..there were some really good ones!
    You should have a go yourself. Dutch clubs all seem to have about 25 teams so there should be room for you.

Ha ha, I know. I played at school a bit and to be honest I knew from the start that I had absolutely zero talent for it (although I enjoyed it). My Hand-eye coordination is really not good (although it got a lot better since school as I started playing squash a bit) and I have a nasty habit of sliding back into rugby " bosh 'em" mode which does nt make me popular. I'm in awe of some of their stick/ball skills, i swear they must put superglue on the sticks or something!

I started taking photos of my housemate and am now doing it for the team a bit (Quiet!!) and I'm quite enjoying getting better at that...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    edited September 2013
    Note that this boy is straight out of old school training and racing background not some cotton wool and money background provided by British Cycling.

]

We get it Frenchie.
  • ddraver wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Ha ha, I know. I played at school a bit and to be honest I knew from the start that I had absolutely zero talent for it (although I enjoyed it). My Hand-eye coordination is really not good (although it got a lot better since school as I started playing squash a bit) and I have a nasty habit of sliding back into rugby " bosh 'em" mode which does nt make me popular. I'm in awe of some of their stick/ball skills, i swear they must put superglue on the sticks or something!

I started taking photos of my housemate and am now doing it for the team a bit (Quiet!!) and I'm quite enjoying getting better at that...

HMMMMMMMMMM....
  • On a topic totally different from ddraver's not-at-all-suspect photographic habits...

How can someone be so obsessive? Bit sad, innit

Asking for a friend
  • ddraver
    OI!!!

I ll put some up later if you like, can't get on flickr or fb at work...
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ThomThom wrote:
    Good piece on Horner's Vuelta race. I'm sure it's readable. http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... -horner%2F
    I liked how Google helpfully translated "Uran" to "Uranium" - new nickname?? :)
  • RichN95 wrote:

I am 1cm shorter and weigh the same when in top condition so pretty comparable. Not that my talent is comparable mind :-)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:

@festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

Surely it's fair to say that Froome looks the opposite of good when he's as slim as he was in July.. Long, thin arms, long, thin legs and a riding style that can make you dizzy.

There are pictures of him in a Barlo jersey from 4-5 years ago where he looks just normal.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

@festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

Surely it's fair to say that Froome looks the opposite of good when he's as slim as he was in July.. Long, thin arms, long, thin legs and a riding style that can make you dizzy.

There are pictures of him in a Barlo jersey from 4-5 years ago where he looks just normal.[/quote]

Comparatively porky I'd say.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    RichN95 wrote:

@festinaboy nan 60kg
    @festinaboy et 1m82

+10
  • mike6
    Thats how you get the page count up on a thread. Take a pop at Sky and there riders. Or there manager. Or there bikes, or bus or whatever you can make up.
  • ddraver
    Few more hours and I ll get the Dutch Hockey Girl pics up...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    Sorry to go off topic, everyone, but what is your housemate's club? Is it HCG? An ex-teammate of mine is one of the coaches there.
  • ddraver
    Nope, HC Klein Zwitzerland in Den Haag

I thin k we can happily go off topic from yesterday's stage and a discussion about whether or not Froome looks funny or the relevance thereof
    - @ddraver
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    ddraver wrote:
    I love Dutch Hockey Girls, but sooner or later, the diet of milk and cheese gets 'em.... :(
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    Nope, HC Klein Zwitzerland in Den Haag

I thin k we can happily go off topic from yesterday's stage and a discussion about whether or not Froome looks funny or the relevance thereof
    Yeah, I've heard of them. HCG are also around Den Haag (actually a few miles to the north), which is why I asked.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    ddraver wrote:
    Just one will do, of Fatima Moreira de Melo.

(yes I know the name doesn’t sound Dutch but she is)
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Not much happening at the races?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • mike6
    Well......I think I am out of here as the b******s about Sky and Froome is kicking off, even though he is not even in the feck'n Vuelta.
    Some people on here need to get a life.
  • ddraver
    goonz wrote:
    Not much happening at the races?

Spoiler Thread's are bitches, they use you for one day then dissappear and never call you again
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Well as promised - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... a3674ec8bf

I don't have the kit to take photos in the dark so the first ones are nt so good. Second game is a bit better. If anyone who has experience can give me any tips I'd be grateful to learn...
    - @ddraver
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    mike6 wrote:
    Well......I think I am out of here as the b******s about Sky and Froome is kicking off, even though he is not even in the feck'n Vuelta.
    Some people on here need to get a life.

Didn't think this was too bad. Stage spoiler thread dragging into a rest day. If you want proper idiocy to wind you up the Tour of Britain stage 1 thread looks like its going to be tough to beat!
  • Beginning to think there's a few on here who are more concerned with how various bikers arses
    and other bits look in lycra over their actual abilities.

If just so be open about it in your postings, for example as a flag you can use.

'Certified stiffy-giving heavy-weight'

Then everybody would be clear as to what your on about and why your allegiances lie where they do!

Or you could just a have separate thread to discuss which rider is sexy and worth supporting and which are not, too old to ungainly, funny shaped head etc.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,582
    Dutch Hockey Girls need to be in every spoiler thread...

... with the exception of the girl on picture 18.
  • ddraver
    Oi be nice! I ll set Tusher on you with her fish! ;)
    - @ddraver