Vuelta Stage 16- spoiler

Comments

• Immediately blows though...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • SHow the front of the race FFS director
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Roche has a go from the group now. What is happening at the front?
  • Blimey this rested Uran catches Barguil. Between them now in the final km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • JRod attacks and gets a gap. Horner covers. Pinot and Valverde there. Nibs not looking great.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    What a finish! Did Barguil get that?
  • BARGUILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB wrote:
    What a finish! Did Barguil get that?

Yes! Great finish. What a stage

Horner... :|
  • RonB
    Cheers folks. At one point I thought the tv was going to miss the win, concentrating as it was on the back of the main group of Euskaltel riders!
  • This young lad has so much panahce and climbing class. Lights it up solo from a long way out after realising his breakaway companions don`t have the legs or are unwilling to put their balls on the line. Taps it out like a seasoned pro, gets caught with 1km to go by a veteran, takes it easy, slows, rides his wheel, recovers, lets the veteran open the sprint then moves into the deep red zone and takes him on the line by 1mm. Neo pro heavyweight.

Long live the riders that know how to create the beautiful wins and the beautiful efforts.

barguil_zpsfa83d578.jpg?t=1378739504
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB wrote:
    Cheers folks. At one point I thought the tv was going to miss the win, concentrating as it was on the back of the main group of Euskaltel riders!

Jesus, yes, what was all that about... :roll:
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    Amazing win!

Interesting results for the GC too.
  • On the day you would have expected no movement at all in the GC.

Nibali looking like he is in need of a rest week, not day.
    Kiserlovski pulling the Italian's legs off over the weekend, no doubt.
    Horner still smiling, looks as fresh as a 42 YO daisy.
    Seems to have it in the bag. :wink:
    Won't be long now before somebody whips out their chequebook to
    write that million dollar signing fee young Chris has been asking for.

Purito possibly peaking for a second, third week. Hard to pull off, if he does.

Young Warren B to make it a hat trick before Madrid?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • BTvAg-uCIAAJJVw.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    That kid has got a race brain way beyond his years. This has to be the best GT for several years with great racing on every stage and yet we are only managing 4 pages for threads as opposed to 20 on a nothing stage in the Tour.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited September 2013
    Pross wrote:
    That kid has got a race brain way beyond his years. This has to be the best GT for several years with great racing on every stage and yet we are only managing 4 pages for threads as opposed to 20 on a nothing stage in the Tour.

But isnt that standard - or is it unique to this year? Asking you BR old timers out there..
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Yet another good day and another good win(ner). Excellent GT IMO.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Pross wrote:

I think it was the Hallzanas mountain stage, where Horner took off, had only 8 posts at one point.
    The ToB, next week, each stage will have 8 pages or more.
    Sad, but not exactly cosmopolitan, this place, these days.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • How many regulars don't post any more because of all the sh1te?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • How many regulars don't post any more because of all the sh1te?

At least one.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    Just caught the highlights. Great stage. Loads going on, loads of plot lines, winners and losers. Trying to explain to my dad the significance of everything happening as he sat down to watch it with me.

Pretty good English from Barguil after also in an interview. They had to beep something out haha. Infectious character
  • Barguil looks a real talent, but he really needs to shave his top lip before I can take him seriously.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    How many regulars don't post any more because of all the sh1te?

I think the regulars are still posting so maybe it's the s**t that's missing with people just talking about the racing and not pages of pro / anti stuff towards certain teams and riders? The lack of team control in this race is so refreshing (sprint teams and GC teams) and I say that as someone that admires quality team work.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Thought I'd better post to help keep with the count up.

Glanced at the interview with Warren and for a moment thought it was captioned 'age 16' .
    Really great to see riders getting their first (& second) big wins - such obvious elation.
    How many regulars don't post any more because of all the sh1te?
    Are we talking cheese; or Sky fandom/hating? I quite like the cheese ...
  • Ed-tron wrote:

Pretty good English from Barguil after also in an interview. They had to beep something out haha. Infectious character

Yeh he was talking about the win meaning more because Uran isn't some 'sh1t rider'. Great quote
  • BTuzuLjIEAAowyf.png:large

Quality
  • RonB
    Not forgetting essays on the geology as well. Very informative.

Just a theory on the lack of interest - having the start coinciding with the BH weekend probably didn't help in terms of momentum + lack of GB stars (apologies to those still riding!).

I did fear the worst when I saw the route with those punchy finishes and bonus seconds, but to be fair the racing, day after day, has been first class. Some real opportunities for the breakaway riders once the first week was out of the way and the gaps were large enough. Lack of sprinters and trains has probably helped.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Been a really good race so far. But can I just point out that we do get thrown right into it with like only 40km to go - sometimes even less.

Had it been the Tour it would have sounded; "boring stage with great last 10km. "

Is that what we want? 1½ hours of live transmission from the races?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Pross wrote:

Probably because its the Tour most people don't believe there is such a thing as a "nothing" Stage. Personally I like pro racing so much I enjoy every stage of every race.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,582
    ThomThom wrote:
    Been a really good race so far. But can I just point out that we do get thrown right into it with like only 40km to go - sometimes even less.

Had it been the Tour it would have sounded; "boring stage with great last 10km. "

Is that what we want? 1½ hours of live transmission from the races?

This.

From the highlights that looked like a great stage. Lots going on. Loving the riding of the Youthful Frenchman. Fearful of the riding of the far from Youthful American.