Vuelta stage 10 *spoiler*

1235»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I note the post count on the Vuelta picks up once doping gossip starts.

Quite fun that the twaliban are being very quiet... (with notable exceptions to be fair)

I have nt watched a single stage so far, just can't get excited about it...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    I note the post count on the Vuelta picks up once doping gossip starts.

Quite fun that the twaliban are being very quiet... (with notable exceptions to be fair)

I have nt watched a single stage so far, just can't get excited about it...

Some vocal, some not. Nationality seems to be playing a part.

Oh, VO2 max is the new way of determining dopers, apparently, W/kg very last month

:?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think Roches dad used to be a decent rider back in the day. And Nico does look to be suffering. Horner just smiles his way to the top.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    These dopers just need a lesson in how to look like they're suffering!!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    cougie wrote:
    I think Roches dad used to be a decent rider back in the day

Roche's dad did also use doping tbf...
  • Just back off me hols and watched my first proper ITV 4 highlights yesterday. Horner made me sick in my mouth but I have to say chapeau to Roche. Tremendous effort from that boy swinging off the back of that group and trying desperately to stay in touch. Pure class from Nibs, is he playing with them? Some serious gradients in this Tour just the sort of thing you would expect a 42 year old with such a climbing pedigree to dominate on...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Sadly you didn't choke on the vomit ...

Get a grip man ... It's just the telly ...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Roche has entered the Vuelta four times finishing 13 - 7 - 16 - 12 and has finished 12th and 14th in the Tour, so him riding in 7th place against a not very deep field is hardly a shock. He's also very vocal in his anti-doping stance.

The old chestnut of S Roche doping bugs me. He was in the twilight of his career when Conconi got his mitts on him.

Horner just doesn't make sense.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

Get a grip man.....It's just a figure of speech

Yeah. I know. This could go round in circles :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,451
    Timoid. wrote:
    The old chestnut of S Roche doping bugs me. He was in the twilight of his career when Conconi got his mitts on him.

That makes it okay then?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Sadly you didn't choke on the vomit ...

Just as classy as your idol Lance, I see..

You are a helium voiced American dwarf sympathiser and I claim my £5 prize
    @JaunePeril

No prize, I'm quite happy to see Horner get something from racing rather than riding ... I've no doubt he will fade as he has in 1 week races but if he wants to ride another year he's going the right way about finding a contract ... He adds more to the races he rides than say David Millar ... and he's not a cheat which should fulfill the BR standard for hypocrisy ...
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    thegibdog wrote:
    Chris Horner looks like a badly animated computer character, even his celebration looked robotic.
    No one’s mentioned his crooked left foot – Horner rode much of the last few kms with his left heel sticking out at an angle of 20-25 degrees. Or has he got a gammy foot and always rides like that?
  • Riffles through lexicon of cycling commentators terms....... Ah yes....

Incredible.
    'fool'

No prize, I'm quite happy to see Horner get something from racing rather than riding ... I've no doubt he will fade as he has in 1 week races but if he wants to ride another year he's going the right way about finding a contract ... He adds more to the races he rides than say David Millar ... and he's not a cheat which should fulfill the BR standard for hypocrisy ...

1, I totally disagree with your point regarding Millar and 2. I don't believe that Horner is riding clean, other than that you may be right.
    @JaunePeril

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Horner has top ten-ed in numerous Ardennes Classics, Lombardias and GTs; won Pais Vasco (against Valverde and J-Rod - in their own back yard- no less); beat everyone (including Andy Schleck, Leipheimer, Hesjedal, etc) by over a minute in the queen stage MTF to win Tour of Cali, etc, and was leading T-A last year going into final TT where that other famed TT-er, a certain Nibali, nicked the GC off of him on last stage... That people are saying he's got no "previous" I find odd.

Someone needs to create a more simplified version of Wikipedia if people are too lazy to bother looking at a site designed to furnish lazy people with information (in their attempt to not also appear stupid)...*

*I may have got some of my information from Wikipedia...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    andyp wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

That makes it okay then?

Nope, but it's often use to muddy his victories during his prime.

He''d have been better off if EPO had never happened, turning his previous water carrier Chiapucci into a world-beater.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Horner releases a decent amount of SRM data. Here is stage 3. I`d like to see stage 10 if anyone has come across it:

http://www.srm.de/news/road-cycling/vue ... a-stage-3/

Roche also releases it, eg/.
    http://www.stickybottle.com/coaching/ni ... l-40-secs/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Barguil got pumped for 25mins this stage but Elissonde managed better, finishing 18th (but nearly 3mins down on Horner).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 54s
    Radar Hazallinas : Horner 23mn24s, 7,4 km à 9,49%,18,97 km/h ! 6,34 w/kg. Miraculous ! Like Froome, like Braislford said : "exceptional"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Nibs giving it everything and Horner still pulling away?????

Nibs and the rest looked in bits when they finished, Mr Horner looked very easy. Very strange or very dodgy.
  • If you can't trust the controls for this stage winner/leader then you can't trust any results in any race ... Especially one where you have 2 riders from the same team soloing up the last few km's of the mountain ...

I'm loving this ... who knew forum payback would come from this unlikely source ... Shame it won't stick for the next week or so ...