Orange 5 - A recreational bike only?

Comments

• Dear Bikeradar, my thread has been invaded by knobheads. I demand compensation.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You started it by mentioning Orange 5 in the title. It's just improved since then.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Dear Bikeradar, my thread has been invaded by knobheads. I demand compensation.

you're the one buying an orange 5 :wink:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    welshkev wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Fair enough.
    I still reckon it's possible that if you find the right stem length / cockpit length for you, then you won't need to change it from one event to another.

See, now you've gone and dragged me up from the sandpit, kicking and screaming. Dammit. Gaaargh, er... er... you SMELL.
    There, soooo much better. aaaaaah.

Oh, and by the way ignore anything Lawman says. He spends so much of his student loan (and presumable mommy and pappie's) money on ludicrously boutique bike bits (anything mainstream won't do) that he will single handedly cause the next global financial crisis when he has to pay that sucker back. Definitely not a person to listen to :lol:

FYI I earn almost every penny that I spend on my bikes, I have a job I can come back to in the holidays for the exact reason of not having to scrounge off my parents, which I have never done, especially not on my bikes, or dip into my loan too much, which I don't spend on ridiculous amounts alcohol, hookers, blow, whatever. I'm careful with my money and if I want to spend what I earn on what I want, that's up to me. You got a problem with it then keep your ******* mouth you ****!!

what sort of student are you? I thought that's all students did was spunk their money on alcohol, hookers and blow :wink::lol:

I used to waste what I earned working Saturdays at the LBS on booze and nights out and then I had nothing, til the next week and I got bored of it. I spent my gap year working for minimal wage and was careful with what I spent, every penny I spent on the HD I earned, payed tax on and worked bloody hard for. Apparently according to some that constitutes being a scrounge, well frankly I'd rather starve than sponge off benefits and my loan is used to pay for my education, which I intend to pay back ASAP.

Idiots like cooldad and yeehaa can diss me and other students all they want, some abuse the system but I can sleep at night quite happy I earn my way in the world and if they have a problem with that then that's there issue, not mine.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Touchy subject, I guess we've hit a nerve. Maybe you're cranky after all those nights of sleeping on cardboard boxes, hugging your bike, which you bought with our money :lol:

I can picture you shaking a titanium mug (a tin mug would never do, oh no), begging for money with a sign that reads "Need money for more carbon"!
  • Well, that's the Orange 5 ordered. Got a good deal from Blazing Saddles of Hebden Bridge (not paying anywhere near the RRP).

Looking forward to getting out on the trail with the other fat middle-aged men on expensive bikes they can't ride properly :wink:
  • cooldad
    Assume you already have the Audi?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    cooldad wrote:
    Assume you already have the Audi?

I assume you don't
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    He'd like to.
  • cooldad
    I don't need an Audi to be a massive knob.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I'll give you a massive knob in a minute.
  • cooldad
    If you drove an Audi I might allow that, but you are poor and don’t.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Alas you're right. If I was rich, I'd drive an Audi, and ride a Whyte. But I have to settle for a VW, and a Marin.
  • cooldad
    Never mind, you may be poor but you do have some redeeming features.

On reflection you don't. Poor scum.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Best thread for ages, all the right BR ingredients.

Top bombing guys. (Even the OP who fits right in having asked for advice and then ignored truck loads of it and spent half the thread justifying the ignorance).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    To be fair to the OP, he was clear from the first post that he'd made his mind up on a 5.

Anyway, most people who post these threads just want people to agree with them so they feel special about their impending purchase.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Anyway, most people who post in forums just want people to agree with them so they feel special.
    Fixed it for you.
    And then they get REALLY pi**ed when someone tells them they're wrong. Which is half the fun. :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I wouldnt touch an Orange with Yeehaa's bits let alone mine...

And Lawman just gets all of his accomadation/Power/Water/food provided so he can spend his money :lol: if i didnt have to pay for that i'd be rich...
  • lawman
    And Lawman just gets all of his accomadation/Power/Water/food provided so he can spend his money :lol: if i didnt have to pay for that i'd be rich...

PAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wish!! I had to work all summer to pay for a flat I didn't even live in!! :shock:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    You worked ALL SUMMER?
    Oh wow, that must be harsh. I take back everything I ever said about students.
  • lawman
    T'was and still is a nightmare! All my mates are out riding their bikes and I'm stuck in work, as I have been for the last 2 summers and the entire year before that :lol: still I'm contributing as a tax payer and not pillaging villages, being drunk and disorderly and robbing you all of even more of your dole money.
  • welshkev
    You worked ALL SUMMER?
    Oh wow, that must be harsh. I take back everything I ever said about students.

one of the lads we ride with is still at school and he said on sunday "I only have 16 days of holiday left before I go back to school" if only he knew what lies ahead :lol:
  • welshkev
    lawman wrote:
    T'was and still is a nightmare! All my mates are out riding their bikes and I'm stuck in work, as I have been for the last 2 summers and the entire year before that :lol: still I'm contributing as a tax payer and not pillaging villages, being drunk and disorderly and robbing you all of even more of your dole money.

but my question is why? surely if you're a student, the perks are the holidays and grants and generally being able to fark about before you get into the mundane groove of life?
  • lawman
    welshkev wrote:
    lawman wrote:

but my question is why? surely if you're a student, the perks are the holidays and grants and generally being able to fark about before you get into the mundane groove of life?

So I can enjoy things such as nice bikes and blingy parts and not have to feel shit about being thousands of pounds into my over-draft, the whole thought of getting wasted and remembering nothing stopped appealing to me when I left college. People say they had an awesome night, yet can't remember a thing, so how the hell do they know it was awesome?! :lol:

Plus it means when everyone else graduates they'll be poor and thousands of pounds in debt, whereas I'll be much better off, probably with a better degree than them and then be able enjoy it and literally not have to give a fark about anything 8)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Thought you might have used some of the cash to get a decent bike though ;-)
  • lawman
    supersonic wrote:
    Thought you might have used some of the cash to get a decent bike though ;-)

Nowadays I'd only get a GT with slx for the price I paid for mine though ;)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    lawman wrote:
    when everyone else graduates they'll already be poor and thousands of pounds in debt, whereas I won't be for a couple of months. Then once I still have a shi**y job, despite my degree, I'll end up in the same debt hell as the rest of them, but without the wild years and womanising.
    Then I'll be sat there crying into my pint, wondering what the hell I did with my life.
    There, fixed it for you.
  • lawman
    without the wild years and womanising.

That's what college was for :lol:
  • cooldad
    lawman wrote:
    without the wild years and womanising.

That's what college was for :lol:
    Laura Croft doesn't count.
    I don't do smileys.