The ever popular, where was i thread

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,623
    Rhyl Dwarf Throwing Competition - Second Prize Fish Chips and Pea Risotto :lol:
    Have I told you the story about how hard it is to actually throw a drawf!? :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    lol,is it Battersea
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    You're standing on Victoria Embankment facing Big Ben?

Technically no, I'm looking at Elizabeth Tower, Big Ben is the bell, close enough though :P

Your pic made me hungry :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,081
    Definately Stoke - with its 'Eye' and fake beach, fake facades, fake populace.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    edited August 2013
    C0cked up
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Where am I?

9779381A-B4BA-4AE3-89CA-BAECEF518F26-680-0000015679EB3F27_zpsd3366ce5.jpg

Clue
    54204765-C0D4-4A3F-AE42-3CCDA112A543-680-00000156A4E8B7ED_zps7cfabbcd.jpg

It was Harry Ramsden's fish and chip restaurant in Brighton! Opposite the pier.
  • was it rhyl?

now where is this:
  • That, I believe, is Harwich.
    Mangeur
  • nope. right side of the country though sort of.
  • Hmm... me and my silly failure to validate the results of a Google image search with the Trinity House website.

Answer changed to Dungeness, which always sounded like a word to describe the physical property "gooeyness" when the item in question is encountered in pitch darkness.
    Mangeur
  • google image search? wtf, thats defo against the spirtit of the thread. be on your way you bounder.
  • google image search? wtf, thats defo against the spirtit of the thread. be on your way you bounder.
    Sorry :( I shall confine it to straight-up travel knowledge in future.
    Mangeur
  • G(happy bally!!)uesswork is fine too.

i will have to boycott the thread if people start resorting to image searchs, its like looking up the answers of a crossword or cheating on a quiz, or not walking when you've hit the cover off it. just not cricket.

i will have to dig something else out now!
  • i will have to boycott the thread if people start resorting to image searchs, its like looking up the answers of a crossword or cheating on a quiz, or not walking when you've hit the cover off it. just not cricket.

Deserves a ban I'd say.
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • i will have to boycott the thread if people start resorting to image searchs, its like looking up the answers of a crossword or cheating on a quiz, or not walking when you've hit the cover off it. just not cricket.

Deserves a ban I'd say.

indeed, mods really need to get their priorities right... theres never one around when you need one.
  • another easy one:
  • I'm hanging my head in shame here, although will have to stop eventually as it makes it nigh on impossible to drink coffee.

Kinda worried about making future guesses now as there'll be that "once a doper, always a doper" thing going on.
    Mangeur
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    another easy one:

Far too easy. The Canaries, in Canada.
  • no cheating now
  • more pics
  • pinno
    Yosemite national park?
  • Yosemite national park?

we got a bingo!

good knowledge.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Yosemite national park?

we got a bingo!

good knowledge.

...of Ansel Adams photographs... :wink:
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • VmanF3 wrote:
    Yosemite national park?

we got a bingo!

good knowledge.

having quickly googled ansell adams, your either taking the p out of my superior photography skills and the amazing camera on my htc desire phone, or your giving me a compliment.

i will assume the latter.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Seems very apt now!

Where are you Mantis, is there anybody out there?

:)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VmanF3 wrote:
    Yosemite national park?

we got a bingo!

good knowledge.

having quickly googled ansell adams, your either taking the p out of my superior photography skills and the amazing camera on my htc desire phone, or your giving me a compliment.

i will assume the latter.

I think he just knows what the rocks look like in Yosemite. Sorry! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    It wasn't hard and no I didn't google it. My sister was sent by the Independant to Yosemite back in the nineties. She took some photos of the place and they were shyte.

Camon - we need a new pic.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It wasn't hard and no I didn't google it. My sister was sent by the Independant to Yosemite back in the nineties. She took some photos of the place and they were shyte.

Well how about this then? Hopefully not as hard as you might think!

P1060182sm.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • seanoconn
    Rolf F wrote:

Well how about this then? Hopefully not as hard as you might think!

P1060182sm.jpg
    Alaska?

Mine...

D97E9E8D-B2D1-4D19-B029-DAFB4568EAF9-1070-000001C561350A0B_zps9e1b1662.jpg
  • pinno
    Houston.