TdF 2013-Stage 21 ** SPOILERS*** Versailles / Champs-Élysées

1131415161719»

Comments

• deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Suspect one of the reasons was not getting enough support from the Kenyan Cycling authorities, presumably for being a 'Brit.' If you can use your passport to get better support, you might as well. It's all much of a muchness really when you only ride for a national team a couple of days a year.
    Dual Nationalities have Dual Passports.
    Remember Robbie McEwen being asked by chanel 4 "can we count you as a British rider" and the answer ...
    Sure you can as I travel around Europe with a UK Passport because it's much easier at the airports but at other times I use my other passport, Australian.
    Max Sciandri, David Millar and Froome will be the same.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    deejay wrote:
    Dual Nationalities have Dual Passports.
    Remember Robbie McEwen being asked by chanel 4 "can we count you as a British rider" and the answer ...
    Sure you can as I travel around Europe with a UK Passport because it's much easier at the airports but at other times I use my other passport, Australian.
    Max Sciandri, David Millar and Froome will be the same.

Sometimes you can have 2 passports, it depends on the countries involved. The UK don't generally mind you having more than one. As Froome lives in SA, having a Kenyan passport wouldn't make his life any easier.

I doubt Millar has anything but a Brit passport. His father was in the RAF in Malta, so it was basically like being in the UK.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    I doubt Millar has anything but a Brit passport. His father was in the RAF in Malta, so it was basically like being in the UK.
    I thought David Millar was born in Hong Kong. ?
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    deejay wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    I thought David Millar was born in Hong Kong. ?

Nope. Born in Malta, then mostly lived in the UK until he was 13, then Hong Kong.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.