The Tour - stage 13 *spoiler*

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Much as I dislike the way he has conducted himself as regards various doping allegations, that must be an absolute sickener for Valverde, losing 2nd place like that. Great racing though!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Lichtblick wrote:
    **** BREAKING NEWS..........*****

The way this is going, I'm going to hit my 1,000th post in the next day or two!

:shock: :D :shock: :D

And quite deserved Lichtblick...how time flies eh?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    josame wrote:
    Valv stuffed... piti :oops:

Stealing my joke :wink:
    mr_poll wrote:
    I know Valverde isn't everyones favourite rider, but seems a shame to watch a riders hopes disappear cause of a puncture. Saying that why did mess about changing the back wheel - why not use another riders bike (or do rules forbid this - sure I have see it happen in other races), I know it isnt set up for him but wld have saved a heap of time.

Yeah it's a piti

Sorry only just jumped on
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Lichtblick wrote:

Careful, someone mentioned that in the MTB section and the modmins reset it! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2013
    BigMat wrote:
    Much as I dislike the way he has conducted himself as regards various doping allegations, that must be an absolute sickener for Valverde, losing 2nd place like that. Great racing though!
    That's racing and that's just what we needed in what looked like threatening to be what someone here described as a "maiden over" of a week before Ventoux.
  • Yellow Peril
    Sherwen really milking his "Hammer down" copyright.
    @JaunePeril

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I'm confused. Is Quintana still with the front group? Any confirmed sightings?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Right, off to watch it in the atrium
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2013
    Macaloon wrote:
    Yes. It's the only good thing for Movistar today – although, like Froome, he is a colonial on the home team.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Lichtblick wrote:

OH THANK YOU thank you thank you've quite made my day!
    (easily pleased, me)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited July 2013
    Macaloon wrote:
    He's supposed to be. I haven't seen any good overhead shots to try and pick out any yellow helmets for a while though.

Edit: oh just saw a solitary yellow helmet in there, so I assume that's him!
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    goonz wrote:

:roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Yellow Peril
    On the up side it could produce some sh*t or bust attacks in the mountains from Movistar if they aren't protecting a podium position
    @JaunePeril

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    BigMat wrote:

Say it again, maybe if his team hadn't tried to bury various rivals in simila fashion he might have got a better shake. However, with Kittel caught behind OPQS, I reckon he still would have been stuffed.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Lichtblick
    I did put a lot of hours in, commentating on the Vuelta last year.........
  • Yellow Peril
    josame wrote:
    goonz wrote:

:roll:

I'm hiding in the East wing. I hope the hunting hounds don't give me away
    @JaunePeril

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    BigMat wrote:

Say it again, maybe if his team hadn't tried to bury various rivals in simila fashion he might have got a better shake. However, with Kittel caught behind OPQS, I reckon he still would have been stuffed.

+1. Zero sympathy for Movistar here.

Strava is not Zen.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    oddly this may work against sky because movistar may no go all in with Quintana and sacrifice valverde and open the race up.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    So if Froome gets struck by lightning or abducted by a UFO, Bauke Mollema wins the Tour. What odds could you have got on that?
  • Yellow Peril
    Cav looking composed. He'll be used to riding in the wind on this rock though.
    @JaunePeril

• Lichtblick
    Couldn't hear it, what do yellow helmets mean?
  • adr82
    edited July 2013
    Saxo taking it up now...

OOOh Froome distanced by Saxo!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    BOOOM!
  • Yellow Peril
    Froome in trouble!
    @JaunePeril

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    oddly this may work against sky because movistar may no go all in with Quintana and sacrifice valverde and open the race up.

It's Valverde's team though, I reckon it's more likely they leave Quint to his own devices and try and set Piti up for a stage.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Saxo drop Froome. Epic.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Saxo drive at front Froome dropped
  • adr82
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Couldn't hear it, what do yellow helmets mean?
    Leaders in team standings
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Holy *********
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    ddraver wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

Careful, someone mentioned that in the MTB section and the modmins reset it! ;)

and looking at your approaching round number that probably wouldn't be too good for you either?