The Tour - stage 13 *spoiler*

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    quintana dropped back FFS

movistar your boat load of fail has been delivered...somebody knock up a macro or somefink...

No way. He only needed 1'53" on Valverde. I was thinking this was good for the race to stop Movi using Quintana as Valverde canon-fodder.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

As to dropping Quintana back, that's just stupid. You've boned your only alternative GC strategy.

Also gives OPQS even more incentive to drive the lead group, to help Kwiatkowski in white jersey. Odd decision?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    SDF - ECHELONS - punctured and dropped from the front group.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    If Sagan had been caught behind it would have really livened up the points competition.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Re Bidons:

Plus, Do they not have the Vittel moto for such situations?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Is Cav in an aero helmet? Looked to be a pointy bit at the back on the sprint?

The new Spesh Prevail Helmet, yours for a gazillion ponds 99p probably...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    TheBigBean wrote:
    If Sagan had been caught behind it would have really livened up the points competition.

Don't be daft, he's not put a pedal wrong all race.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Thanks guys.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Just got back in from a French version of Alton Towers here in Normandy, what happened to Valverde?
    There was a crosswind. Echelons formed. Kittel in the second so OPQS pushed on. Valverde was in the front echelon but had a mechanical and after a big chase fell back into 2nd echelon.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ddraver wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Or £80 and your old helmet.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Quintana info from letour.fr:
    Quintana in front peloton

The only Movistar rider in the lead peloton is Nairo Quintana. There were originally seven but when Valverde punctured Erviti, Castroviejo, Costa, Plaza and Rojas waited for their team leader. These last six are now in the second peloton.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    goonz wrote:
    Is Valverde really such a threat to the GC? I mean with a week of climbing coming up can he really threaten Froome?
    V has a reputation for starting tours strongly and fading after the first week or so. But better to be certain of this so it's one guy less to keep an eye on.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ddraver wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    I know Valverde isn't everyones favourite rider, but seems a shame to watch a riders hopes disappear cause of a puncture. Saying that why did mess about changing the back wheel - why not use another riders bike (or do rules forbid this - sure I have see it happen in other races), I know it isnt set up for him but wld have saved a heap of time.

No rule against using a teammates bike, but he'd still not get back on so he might as well wait.

I know 2 wrongs and all that but Movistar have consistently done this to other teams so have very few friends in this instance. Gives lie to the claim that Sky have few friends too when things go wrong for them...

I mean I don't like him but I really don't sympathise

Cadel, for one, will be having a chuckle.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • adr82
    That gap is getting significantly smaller now... barely a minute
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2013
    adr82 wrote:
    Quintana info from letour.fr:
    Quintana in front peloton

The only Movistar rider in the lead peloton is Nairo Quintana. There were originally seven but when Valverde punctured Erviti, Castroviejo, Costa, Plaza and Rojas waited for their team leader. These last six are now in the second peloton.
    Rui Costa was also in the front group but got ordered back as the TTT effort was faltering.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Talking of Sagan, was there any repercussion to him being pushed into a fence yesterday? Was the other bloke admonished / did Sagan get a point on that sprint?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    If it carries on, Contador will have a few more team mates :P

Nice to hear of some racing on a flat day. Reminds me of when Vino got pwned in 07
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Or £80 and your old helmet.

Meh, that's not too bad for one of thems new fangled lids...The Giro one was absurdly priced when it was new out!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lichtblick
    Rolland wheel change!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Talking of Sagan, was there any repercussion to him being pushed into a fence yesterday? Was the other bloke admonished / did Sagan get a point on that sprint?

Other bloke was relegated to last place for the stage I think
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    mr_poll wrote:
    I know Valverde isn't everyones favourite rider, but seems a shame to watch a riders hopes disappear cause of a puncture. Saying that why did mess about changing the back wheel - why not use another riders bike (or do rules forbid this - sure I have see it happen in other races), I know it isnt set up for him but wld have saved a heap of time.

Yeah it's a piti

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • adr82
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Rolland wheel change!
    Wardrobe change would be bigger news :) He looks ridiculous
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 1m
    There is your answer to why Belkin are in front.. #tdf RT @Nancy_Arreola Tour de Swiss 2011 movistar went full gas when Bauke had a flat
  • Le Commentateur
    Will be interesting to see if Valverde makes it to Paris if he is faced with merely playing a supporting role, when he could otherwise take a break and prepare instead for the Vuelta.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Gap is coming down - was 1.10 now 42 and as I type OPQS pushing it!
  • Lichtblick
    What a busy day! All those team cars have dropped back again.
  • adr82
    edited July 2013
    3 groups now? Looks like 8-12 people off the front of the 2nd group? Valverde in the small group I think.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Valv picks up Rolland.
  • Le Commentateur
    What treacherous terrain this is for anyone with a mechanical problem!
  • Lichtblick
    Is that Voeckler with Rolland? We haven't seen much of Tommy yet this tour......