GT Chucker XS1 - Updated 11/07/16 - PG 12

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I dont know what "preload" is yet though, so i havent touched that adjustment.

Preload adjustment is used to set your sag (literally by pre-loading the spring). Increase preload to reduce sag, decrease preload to increase sag, like adjusting the air pressure on an air fork.

What's with the jaunty seat angle?
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    ... and the flat tyre :p
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Nice man well done
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Like that.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Much better. I hope you have destroyed the dual crowns so they never make it on to another bike.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    LOOKING GOOD
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    No need to shout!! :roll:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    yeah there is!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Thanks for the positive replies
    Preload adjustment is used to set your sag (literally by pre-loading the spring). Increase preload to reduce sag, decrease preload to increase sag, like adjusting the air pressure on an air fork.

Thanks mate, and the seat angle has been straightened since.
    Much better. I hope you have destroyed the dual crowns so they never make it on to another bike.

Nah, ill be keeping them. They will come in handy one day when i sell a bike that can fit that fork. Fit the fork, raise the price by 20-30 quid and sell it. :D
    LOOKING GOOD

Thanks, and i didn't think you'd return!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412

No worries, I thought maybe it was some kind of fashion statement, lol.
  • Anonymous

Nah, ill be keeping them. They will come in handy one day when i sell a bike that can fit that fork. Fit the fork, raise the price by 20-30 quid and sell it. :D
    LOOKING GOOD

Thanks, and i didn't think you'd return!

nice to see things are going well for you GT

ive recently purchased a new bike myself maybe post some pics later.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I saw a bloke riding a mint chucker the other day at Danbury. Just thought i'd let u know
  • gt-arrowhead
    I saw a bloke riding a mint chucker the other day at Danbury. Just thought i'd let u know

Nah mine is safe :wink:

I saw another Chucker today myself. First one i have ever seen apart from mine. He was looking at my bike as he went past, i turned around and went "woohoo! Chucker!" with my thumb up in the air. He put his thumb up and smiled. :lol:

Anyway, ordering some more goodies tomorrow.

KCNC Red short chainring bolts. They are ridiculously priced in comparison to standard long ones. the KCNC ones are the cheapest i found.

Truvativ 32t chainring to replace the bent one, which will allow me to use the guard.

A red AEST seat post clamp, the one off this can go on the arrowhead as the one on there is a nasty color.

And red rotor bolts for the front.

RED RED RED RED RED!
  • fredblob
    fredblob Posts: 196
    so much red! should look good when its done
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Dude use the money to buy a front brake, before you kill yourself!
  • gt-arrowhead
    I have everything mate, im just awaiting on the rotor and adapter, its on its way since like a week ago ;)
  • fredblob
    I have everything mate, im just awaiting on the rotor and adapter, its on its way since like a week ago ;)

let me guess red disc/rotors/adapters.
  • bike looks miles better with a change of forks now mate.
  • fredblob
    bike looks miles better with a change of forks now mate.

dont tell him that he only jus got them forks lol
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

My bad for the delay dude it is bagged up with postage on my desk at work, problem i messaged you about escalated somewhat :(
  • I saw a bloke riding a mint chucker the other day at Danbury. Just thought i'd let u know

I know it wasn't yours, I said it was mint. But seriously, it was really nice, looking forward to seeing yours finished
  • I saw a bloke riding a mint chucker the other day at Danbury. Just thought i'd let u know

I know it wasn't yours, I said it was mint. But seriously, it was really nice, looking forward to seeing yours finished

I thought you were trying to get me worried or something, my bad! :)

Cheers mate, do you still plan on going epping forest at some point?
  • Came home to find my new bolts waiting for me. Fitted them and moved the chainring into the middle position, ive gained one more gear now, but im still missing the largest 3, the chain jumps off at that point. Once i get a new chainring which will be straight, i can fit my guide and hopefully that will sort out the problem. If not then i dont know what to do!
    IMAG0141_zps8ac3554b.jpg
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Simple, ride it!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • saw a women on a pink GT chucker today while on the way to local trial was thinking ohh look GT'S mum LOL
  • fredblob wrote:
    saw a women on a pink GT chucker today while on the way to local trial was thinking ohh look GT'S mum LOL

If she had a massive dildo where the saddle should be, it was GT's mum.
  • fredblob wrote:
    saw a women on a pink GT chucker today while on the way to local trial was thinking ohh look GT'S mum LOL

If she had a massive dildo where the saddle should be, it was GT's mum.

poor GT :D
  • I decided to try my Alivios 32t chainring on the hussefelts. Turns out that the cranks are bending the chainring when the bolts are tightened up. One of the mounts are higher or lower than the other three, and that causes a bend to occur in the chainring when the 4 bolts are tightened up. I know for a fact that the Alivio chainring was completely straight before, and once fitted to the hussefelts it was wonky.

This means that a new chainring will also bend so theres no point wasting my money on that. I need new cranks!!!

Took the opportunity to remove the BB clean it and put it back with fresh grease. I also added my chainguide...the chain rubbed it on one side or the other no matter what so a bit of bodgery was called for (see pic). I added a nut and a washer at the end of the guide to sort of push the two sides of the guide further apart. It works! :D

Had a 3 hour long ride today starting at 9 in the morning after a quick trip to school to sort something out. I didnt feel like going home! The ride was lovely. I went to a different forest this time and the trails were very nice but i shat my pants again as the forest was huuuuuge. Didnt venture too far. After that i cycled all the way back to town and went back to Forty Hall (the trail i like the most at the moment). Was a proper blast. did a 3 foot-ish jump and my bike started making creaking noises in the headset region, and it was quite loud. I went for a trip on the Raleigh after and when i came back the creak had disappeared...strange.

Anyway, one step closer to completion...

IMAG0143_zps2a41248c.jpg