Do you want rice or noodles with that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    bompington wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    As a mathematician, I would be able to tell you instantly that 14X16 is one less than 15X15. But I'm still none the wiser as to whether ff realises they don't have have the same answer...

Prove it.

QED
    Yes. Not bad. But aren't you missing the coefficient of swing in that equation?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruzwBbV2xwc
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Waw, how s'hit did this thread become?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    FocusZing wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    As a mathematician, I would be able to tell you instantly that 14X16 is one less than 15X15. But I'm still none the wiser as to whether ff realises they don't have have the same answer...

Prove it.

13*15=195.........................14*14=196
    224*226=50624................225*225=50625
    4567*4569=20866623.....4568*4568=20866624
    4*6=24................................5*5=25

14*16=224........................15*15=225

Notice the pattern.

Apologies for contributing into turning this into the Marcus du Sautoy thread.

LOVE THIS POST.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    I'm amazed Frenchie hasn't dumped Black-Scholes, VaR or modified duration formulas into this thread
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Oh please don't get started on stuff like that because then I'll be forced to get involved. And I really don't want to.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Milton50 wrote:
    Oh please don't get started on stuff like that because then I'll be forced to get involved. And I really don't want to.

Just for you...

5ef2fa747d3a5d684ae67bdc7236e6d4.png

d89b9563aeb66307e19f015d63c6de64.png

ba0b5b5c8bfbf4bd25cab06ee9f683de.png

Go on, you know you want to...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ThomThom wrote:
    Waw, how s'hit did this thread become?

It already was. Most useless thread ever. Littered with BS.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    bompington wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Prove it.

QED

Good attempt but mine was better and easier to understand.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    dsoutar wrote:
    I'm amazed Frenchie hasn't dumped Black-Scholes, VaR or modified duration formulas into this thread

Lol, but then I don`t really respect people who try and use language specific to their field when talking or interacting with others not in their field to appear clever.

They should read this quote from Einstein:
    `You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother`
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    dsoutar wrote:

big talk.. just a shame none of them relate to 14*16 :lol:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Macaloon wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Eisel was a good road captain at HTC where he ran the sprint train. He's less use to a GC team if he's in the autobus. It's not like he's some tactical genius and the rest are numskulls. Sky picked the legs to do the job. They've all been around long enough to have a good idea what they're doing.

Well to put it another way: what does Stannard add that Eisel can't? Stannard may have marginally better legs for drilling it on the flat but there's not much in it. Eisel has spent years riding on the front of pelotons and leading out sprint trains. He's a big strong rider.

So I personally would say that when you have two riders who are fairly similar in ability I would have gone for the one with more experience. The thing is, it's easy to discount experience until you're in a situation when a split decision needs to be made about where to position yourself or whether to shut down an attack. Then it becomes valuable.

Thought the original was a cracking question, so... There might not be much in it in ability, but Stannard has shown some very big performances in crunch races: last two WCs, MSR this year. He's a more attacking/versatile rider who could credibly carry a stage-win threat from a variety of scenarios. Doubt Eisel is as flexible. Also Stannard might be more likely to stick around if he gets some Tour treats.

Also. The Classics squad were putting out the best numbers in recorded history. Ever. So now's the time to show it. :D

'tis fair points you is making, Maca. Once I'd had thought about it over a brew from my Bernie Rouleur mug *sad face*
  • frenchfighter
    Geraint Thomas lives in Monaco fyi. Very Welsh.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mnjumuPIgI1rhpvkso1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_moqh7wk3bA1sqtg0zo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_moqh7wk3bA1sqtg0zo5_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991

I believe the desire to avoid taxes is an international trait. don't you get your bonus paid in fine wines and assos bibshorts? :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Crozza wrote:

I believe the desire to avoid taxes is an international trait. don't you get your bonus paid in fine wines and assos bibshorts? :lol:

:lol: made me chuckle.

I`m probably too honest for my own good sometimes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    3144175164_1_10_NX78ckEx.jpg
    tumblr_mnyx2hjLXg1rcwawho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_momqik3uvS1sp6pt8o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    FocusZing wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Prove it.

Notice the pattern.

LOVE THIS POST.

Apologies to all for asking, but surely that pattern must have a name; if it does what is it?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    FocusZing wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Prove it.

Notice the pattern.

LOVE THIS POST.

Apologies to all for asking, but surely that pattern must have a name; if it does what is it?

Don't know if it has a name but it is simple to prove:

(a-1) * (a+1) = a*a + a - a - 1 = a*a - 1
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

My boss lives here in Wales, and she's still the Frenchest woman in Europe. What is your point?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    My point would be that GT was happy to take British Cycling/UK Lottery handouts whilst riding round in circles ... Now he has to pay his own way he's off to Monaco to avoid paying back to the country that allowed him to reach where he has in the sport ...
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Lol, but then I don`t really respect people who try and use language specific to their field when talking or interacting with others not in their field to appear clever.

What, like this?
    Glad I am long the Froome/Contador spread.

*runs and hides in corner*
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    My point would be that GT was happy to take British Cycling/UK Lottery handouts whilst riding round in circles ... Now he has to pay his own way he's off to Monaco to avoid paying back to the country that allowed him to reach where he has in the sport ...

THAT is a fair point.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    bompington wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Prove it.

QED

Good attempt but mine was better and easier to understand.
    Yes but mine wasn't out by 1!!!!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm basically missing the entire tour.

Gutted
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

THAT is a fair point.

Surely it makes sense to stay in the UK when your main focus is the track, and there are excellent facilities available like Newport, Manchester and London velodromes, plus your coach, and other than Kennaugh, domestically based team mates on the pursuit squad. If he'd had years of funding, achieved nothing and then fudged off to avoid tax then I'd be a bit more annoyed.

Now he's focussing on the road, I don't blame him for living near the Alps. Dombroski, Boswell, Swift and Rowe are based in Nice, Porte and Froome in Monaco, makes sense to train on major climbs, in good weather and with team mates surely.
  • Richmond Racer
    ^ as Andy says Sky have been setting up a base in Nice - nice warmer climate (usually), nice testing climby stuff - so several of the British guys are buying pads there. The new coach Shaun Stephens is also based there. The pros locate themselves wherever makes the most sense.

Better make sure their future tax affairs are sorted out better than Boonen's, though
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Gutted

Sky left you off the squad too eh Rick? :wink:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Richmond Racer

Gutted

Its the elbow, innit. Poor Rick :(
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Gutted

Its the elbow, innit. Poor Rick :(

More stuck in nyc doing 14hr days in office combined with abysmal internet at home and office