Digger...

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    There are few things that annoy me more than those who intimate having knowledge that would change everything.

When "ask so and so about it", or "say hi to so and so" is your best evidence, you have no evidence.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Glad I asked...
    I periodically follow then unfollow him. Sometimes I just need to know what the tinfoil hat brigade are thinking. Then I get depressed by it and switch it off again.

In footy terms he'd be a black scarfer, armed with an excel spreadsheet of accounting he doesn't understand, drawing incredible conclusions from the smallest of Arsenes utterances, probably convinced that Kroenke is about to relocate the club to the US. And he'd be on ketamine, coke, speed and a gallon of espresso.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's making a right fool of himself today.

For me the highlight is someone pointing out he's a teacher and then him saying he's definitely not, asking who said he was a teacher. He then appears to have accused Lionel Birnie of leaking his identity, which LB denies, leading DF to say he knows exactly who leaked it.

Which begs the question, if he is not a teacher as he claims how does he know who leaked wrong information? Anyone can make up wrong stuff. He would only know who it was if the information was actually correct.

Anyway, it's all nonsense, but quite funny nonsense.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95 wrote:
    He's making a right fool of himself today.

For me the highlight is someone pointing out he's a teacher and then him saying he's definitely not, asking who said he was a teacher. He then appears to have accused Lionel Birnie of leaking his identity, which LB denies, leading DF to say he knows exactly who leaked it.

Which begs the question, if he is not a teacher as he claims how does he know who leaked wrong information? Anyone can make up wrong stuff. He would only know who it was if the information was actually correct.

Anyway, it's all nonsense, but quite funny nonsense.

I'm quite enjoying it. His reputation is sinking like a stone.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Happy to see him getting plenty of heat today - he is/plays a very unpleasant character.
    It's way too tempting not to join in.

He might be right with some of his assertions, but only in a 'stopped clock' kind of way.
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    Is this the Digger from CN who defended Landis in 2011/12 over his fairness fund and his lies when caught? Yeah, worth wasting breath over.

The same. He's torn between whether he wants to have Kimmage's babies or Landis's
    Why, incidentally, does he seem to like Landis more than other contrite dopers?
  • RichN95.
    jamie1012 wrote:
    Is this the Digger from CN who defended Landis in 2011/12 over his fairness fund and his lies when caught? Yeah, worth wasting breath over.

The same. He's torn between whether he wants to have Kimmage's babies or Landis's
    Landis gave an interview to Kimmage so is viewed as a great hero.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:

What did you do when Kimmage got sued? Eh? Eh?

Oh, that's right, you had the realistic view that he'd lose, even with a defence fund and spent your money on beer instead.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    He only follows 100 people so he either has a very uncluttered timeline or has an alias. The guy's an utter tool and like others above, I sporadically follow and unfollow him. There are others worse at The Clinic however.
  • RichN95.
    He only follows 100 people so he either has a very uncluttered timeline or has an alias.
    He does have an alias on twitter (follows 285 people). He's pretty normal on that one. It makes you wonder if the Digger thing is just an act for attention (the other account only has 103 followers).
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    RichN95 wrote:
    He only follows 100 people so he either has a very uncluttered timeline or has an alias.
    He does have an alias on twitter (follows 285 people). He's pretty normal on that one. It makes you wonder if the Digger thing is just an act for attention (the other account only has 103 followers).

cheers, he certainly gets the attention as this thread shows! :lol:

But I tend to subscribe to the old adage of 'who's the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?'
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    RichN95 wrote:

What's the alias?

(@notfestinagirl?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:

What's the alias?
    That sort of information will cost you two hockey girls (Dutch ones, not Welsh ones)
  • jamie1012
    RichN95 wrote:
    jamie1012 wrote:

I read the interview, and must admit I came out with a more positive view of Floyd because of it, but I can't imagine why Digger would. He doesn't seem to trust or forgive any other doper.
  • ddraver
    jamie - you re trying to rationalise someone that is totally irrational...There is no sensible answer for Digger Forum
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2013
    jamie1012 wrote:
    I read the interview, and must admit I came out with a more positive view of Floyd because of it, but I can't imagine why Digger would. He doesn't seem to trust or forgive any other doper.
    DF worships Kimmage. If Kimmage gives anyone forgiveness (as he does with those that give him a good interview) then DF must follow unconditionally.
  • jamie1012
    ddraver wrote:
    jamie - you re trying to rationalise someone that is totally irrational...There is no sensible answer for Digger Forum
    :lol: Of course, but I'm wondering if he has ever tried to explain it. I have only been following him on Twitter for a couple of weeks and the inconsistencies in his personal convictions are just bizarre for a person apparently so concerned with lies and hypocrisy.
  • ddraver
    Well he tried but as you say it was full of inconsistencies and personal convictions

To sum up, Floyd brought down Armstrong thereby negating any wrong doing he may ever have done.
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Khrist this is some 2nd derivative function of pro race...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    RichN95 wrote:

You make this claim. Where's the proof? :)
  • RichN95.
    thomasmc wrote:
    If I was so inclined (and I'm not on a public forum) I could provide a link to a website where he puts his first name into the public domain (it's an unusual name). I could then show you a twitter account with that first name which is followed by the people he hangs around with and holds similar views.
    I could also confidently show you an Irish low level cyclist with that first name and even a photo of him (but it's possible that it's a different person with the same first name - it's unusual but not unique)

But like I say, I'm not going to publicly show you all that. He's a nobody - no more important than me.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Interestingly enough, or not at all interestingly, depending on your view, some suggest he isn't Irish at all.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    thomasmc wrote:
    If I was so inclined (and I'm not on a public forum) I could provide a link to a website where he puts his first name into the public domain (it's an unusual name). I could then show you a twitter account with that first name which is followed by the people he hangs around with and holds similar views.
    I could also confidently show you an Irish low level cyclist with that first name and even a photo of him (but it's possible that it's a different person with the same first name - it's unusual but not unique)

But like I say, I'm not going to publicly show you all that. He's a nobody - no more important than me.

Digger Forum: The First Twatterati victim of Prism. :wink:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    Digger Forum: The First Twatterati victim of Prism. :wink:
    I hasten to add I may be wrong about his actual identity. I was told a different name by someone else which has decent supporting evidence (same first name though and still a nobody)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Just out of interest, does anyone know why he calls himself Digger Forum?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

Typo. He's allegedly quite active in the outdoor exhibitionist scene.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

It's anagram of "I Form Grudge"?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Macaloon wrote:

Typo. He's allegedly quite active in the outdoor exhibitionist scene.

Excellent :lol:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    RichN95 wrote:
    thomasmc wrote:

OK, if you are not going to tell us, can we take a guess at this unusual name? Just say 'yes' or 'no' to these:

Ferdinand Piddleface ?
    Marmaduke Ivorfinger ?
    Martin O'Cornedbeef ?

If it isn't any of the above, I'll have another crack later.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey