Digger...

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Twitter is great for disseminating and receiving information but as a tool for detailed info and/or discussion the 140 characters is a limiting factor. That is why I hardly ever tweet anything work related that doesn't include a link to something more substantive (to be perceived as superficial in my line of work is a death sentence). The 140 characters act really as a short abstract or keyword introduction.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    to be perceived as superficial in my line of work is a death sentence.
    the "Polder" model?!
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Digger uncovered?!

Crazy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994
  • above_the_cows
    Digger uncovered?!

Crazy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994

Ha ha! Do you know what I did think of that when I saw that Alex Jones thing yesterday. :D
  • yorkshireraw
    skip to the last 30 seconds for true meltdown. Bonkers.
  • above_the_cows
    "No, you guys are crazy, thinking that the public's too stupid. You're crazy, thinking the public doesn't know. You're crazy, thinking the public isn't waking up."

He's talking about the Evil Sky Empire isn't he? :wink:
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Digger's a teacher (as Iain's pointed out) from Cork. He might have a meltdown but it will only ever be on Twatter

Unfortunately. Cos I'd pay good money to see it.
  • above_the_cows
    Digger's a teacher (as Iain's pointed out) from Cork. He might have a meltdown but it will only ever be on Twatter

Unfortunately. Cos I'd pay good money to see it.

I don't know, I reckon you could still get a teacher to publicly crack given enough annoying students, a milk tanker full of sunny delight and a Jedward CD. Everyone has their limits. :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-25638-1370855575-9.gif
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    John Galloway ‏@wjohngalloway
    That moment when you discover one of the most obnoxious tweeters is a teacher, a curator of young minds? Priceless, and terrifying.

that...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    John Galloway ‏@wjohngalloway
    That moment when you discover one of the most obnoxious tweeters is a teacher, a curator of young minds? Priceless, and terrifying.

that...

:roll:

Heaven forbid a teacher let of some steam and not be a perfect role model when they're not teaching.

I can keep my mouth shut at work, I imagine teachers can too.

Anyway, kids aren't stupid. They know a tw@t when they see one.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314

Mmm... I'd say that's a common misconception - they're not stupid, but very suggestible and ignorant. I think what they are less prone to accepting is lack of authenticity. Kids are traditionally actually quite susceptible to persuasive tw@ts... - Walt Disney, Timmy Mallet, Jimmy Saville - to name 3...
    In that respect, it seems that the kids are as bamboozled as the adults that gave such Predators of The Intellect a leg-up in the first place...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Mmm... I'd say that's a common misconception .

Kids are stupid?

Eh?

I worked out which teachers were tw@ts and which weren't at 7. Most kids do. Unsurprisingly the ones we didn't like got tinned.

They'll do what authority says but that doesn't mean they like it.

Anyway, him being a teacher means SFA. Do people who care about this stuff have problems keeping their personal life separate from work?

You think this guy sits there and tells the kids "there's this chap called Magnus Backstedt and he uses drugs".

Jog on.

Ridiculous.

I'm in a bad mood.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Mmm... I'd say that's a common misconception .

Kids are stupid?

Eh?

I worked out which teachers were tw@ts and which weren't at 7. Most kids do. Unsurprisingly the ones we didn't like got tinned.

If you look at the very next words after the bit you quoted, you'll notice I wrote "they're not stupid"... So that should at least resolve that part of your disquiet - the rest I can't help you with as much as to say "I'm with you brother/sister" (sorry -would be more explicit, but what with the Richmond Racer incident, well, I hope hope you understand...?)
    The only good things to come out of "convention" are convent and vent - and I've only ever been in a vent....

Your bad mood will be soothed by something splendid happening imminently... i.e. kip
  • yorkshireraw
    "So there's this bloke who's a teacher, and then in the past there were other people who were teachers and they did bad things to kids, therefore I 'KNOW' I 'KNOW'!!! this current teacher bloke is doing the same things to kids now."

Ridiculous, of course, and if printed / published / accused in School would be outrageous and potentially devastating to a career, all based on conjecture and hearsay and no actual evidence.

Now replace 'teacher' with 'Professional cyclist' and 'bad things to kids' with 'takes PEDs' and that's exactly what this chap is doing. I'm sure he'd be pretty outraged if he was unjustly accused without evidence, yet he thinks it's fine to do that to Froome etc.

I really hope Sky get to the end of the season and the litigation starts - if people can be hauled up for saying stuff about Tom Daley after the Olympics on Twitter etc., I'm sure Brailsford and his team have grounds to make this guy put up or shut up, it's getting ridiculous now. If he has genuine info he should pass it to WADA and UKAD, but of course that would be too obvious and would actually be trying to help the sport (and he hasn't got any evidence).

As for the influencing kids thing - if he shows an interest in the sport, some kids may well talk to him about it, so who knows what he's spouting to them as 'fact'.
  • Richmond Racer
    The point John Galloway was making was with particular regard to Psycho DF's extreme bullying and abuse of those who question or contradict him - his favourite comebacks are to call people 'f&*ckig retards' and c&*ts'

If anyone thinks this is acceptable behaviour, great, knock yourself out
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Is this the Digger from CN who defended Landis in 2011/12 over his fairness fund and his lies when caught? Yeah, worth wasting breath over.
  • Richmond Racer
    Is this the Digger from CN who defended Landis in 2011/12 over his fairness fund and his lies when caught? Yeah, worth wasting breath over.

The same. He's torn between whether he wants to have Kimmage's babies or Landis's
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Heh, tis funny that he calls other riders and managers liars.
  • above_the_cows
    Of course people are entitled to a life outside of their job but you do have to think sometimes about the repercussions of your actions in one part of your life on other parts, it may not be right, but he could be seen to be bringing his profession into disrepute. If he was just on Twitter having a relatively friendly chat about cycling then fine but he isn't he's going around calling people all manner of things and making libelous allegations, which is not fine. Our lives are not compartmentalised into little boxes as much as we might like to think that they are.

But kids are smart and have probably realised he is a prize spanner already.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Started following this guy yesterday after reading this thread.....wow, saying he has an axe to grind is an understatement!

Reading his exchanges with Scott O'Raw and John Galloway (i'm a big fan of their podcast) he's not covering himself in glory.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    I have been fortunate to avoid this Tweeter to date... worth following even for a laugh or not?
  • Richmond Racer
    I have been fortunate to avoid this Tweeter to date... worth following even for a laugh or not?

Well, bearing in mind DF's involvement in the now-pilfered Kimmage Fund, Scott O'Raw's tweet to him just now goes up there in the Tweets of the Week firmament:

Scott O'Raw @velocast 12m
    .@Digger_forum @wjohngalloway And precisely what have you done for the sport? You can't even work a PayPal account!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    No doubt he's sat at home jacking off about all the attention everybody (myself included, unfortunately) is giving him.

Yes, I know he's a teacher, but that means he's probably on holiday, or on a baker day or something.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    So is Digger that Aaron bloke who was UCI Overlord?
  • Richmond Racer
    So is Digger that Aaron bloke who was UCI Overlord?

No - but he was one of the ones who set it up, and as has recently come to light, was aware beforehand - along with Madame Cyclismas Editor - that Aaron Brown was playing a double game by offering his PR advice to Real Pat McQuaid (plus tip offs on the CCN love-in etc), whilst at the same time appearing to be waging a social media war against him.

Yet despite being aware of this double game, Digger and Madame Cyclismas still let Brown have the keys to the Fund cookie jar.

Our esteemed Macaloon has been particularly active in calling them both to account.

This willl of course all be coming to a cinema near you very soon
  • ddraver
    Sounds like velcast are starting to do some digging..

Hah! Digging... ohh, so need to get home :(
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    ddraver wrote:

Oi, stop stealing my jokes!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:

How many days left in Algeria? The end's in sight...
  • ddraver
    Home on Sunday...

(I honestly did nt steal it inky, I though of it all by myself miss!)
    - @ddraver