Santambrogio +

123457»

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    I doubt many people would tweet they were comtemplating suicide if they weren't at least very depressed. Nobody wants to see another tragedy, but at the same time you can't let someone off because they can't cope with the consequences of a ban.

Many of us are womdering why this is taking so long anyway - surely the B sample is either positive or it isn't - I realise there must be a subjective element in terms of a threshold but if there is a strong element of doubt the benefit has to be given to the rider.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Seems that many dopers have problems dealing with the reality. Millar, Pantani, Hamilton etc etc. There appears to be a pattern. Hopefully Cookson will crack down as hard as he can for the sake of the riders if nothing else.
  • Terpstra's tweet only goes to show how unliked Santambrogio is in the peloton
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I get to bring this thread back from the dead.

Santambrogio popped AGAIN. This time for testosterone. His first ban only ended in November - the test was done in October.

The new Ricco?
  • Yeah, guy has a problem. What a prick.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • An OOC test 10 days before he got out of jail.

http://uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-stateme ... tambrogio/

Habitual cheat. Ricco, but without the one liners.

I guess that's the last we'll see of him.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pokerface
    This is the same rider that just about committed suicide the last time he got popped and 'the internet' saved him from doing it. This could get ugly.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Yeah, guy has a problem. What a prick.
    At least his fat face will no longer spoil your photos.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:

Lol, ugly f*cker I agree.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:

Lol, ugly f*cker I agree.
    You said it first back on page three of this thread. I remember it because I found it very funny at the time
    Ugly fellow too. Spoilt the photos.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Is this a first? I can't recall another case of someone failing an anti-doping test whilst serving a ban.

My favourite Italian phrase of the year applies here - the mother of the imbecile is always pregnant.
  • joelsim
    He did well to get so close to a comeback
  • Pokerface
    I'm assuming that he must have been in the testing pool for the last 6 months if he was planning on coming back as a rider - so he must have known he'd be tested. It really is beyond belief.
  • joelsim
    Merry Christmas Santa
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    He clearly wasn't expecting anyone to look in his sack
  • Pokerface
    Santa claims he was taking prescribed testosterone cause he's infertile and impotent: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/santamb ... p;ns_fee=0

A quick reading on the drug in question (Andriol) reveals convenient side-effects of a boost in hematocrit levels. It also leads to infertility in men and erectile dysfunction. So definitely NOT the drug he'd be taking if he was trying to conceive or get a boner.
  • joelsim
    Pokerface wrote:
    Santa claims he was taking prescribed testosterone cause he's infertile and impotent: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/santamb ... p;ns_fee=0

A quick reading on the drug in question (Andriol) reveals convenient side-effects of a boost in hematocrit levels. It also leads to infertility in men and erectile dysfunction. So definitely NOT the drug he'd be taking if he was trying to conceive or get a boner.

You would have thought that he would contact the UCI before doing this course. Surely!
  • Pokerface
    Joelsim wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

You would have thought that he would contact the UCI before doing this course. Surely!

Santambrogio: "Hey there UCI. Is it OK if I take this testosterone replacement because I'd like to get my girlfriend pregnant and I can't get it up. And I'm infertile. And oh yeah, the drug doesn't actually help either of those problems.

Hello? Hello?"
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    I don't think the erectile bit is correct - is used to help with this in testosterone deficient men.
    Does Lower sperm count though.
  • joelsim
    Pokerface wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Santambrogio: "Hey there UCI. Is it OK if I take this testosterone replacement because I'd like to get my girlfriend pregnant and I can't get it up. And I'm infertile. And oh yeah, the drug doesn't actually help either of those problems.

Hello? Hello?"

You know, anyone with even half a brain would see if they could get permission for doing something like this if it was real, and was going to help them start a family, especially given they know they would be in danger of getting a life ban.

There are two choices here. Either he is a thick as pigsh*t or he's been doping again. Or both.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    He clearly wasn't expecting anyone to look in his sack

That didnt get the credit it deserved!! :lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pokerface
    Well, regardless of whether or not the drug in question is the correct thing for the problems he claims to have, he didn't get a TUE, so he's screwed. (And it seems he would never get a TUE to boost testosterone anyway, regardless of why it is needed.)

He must be A. thick is poop and B. working with a very dodgy doctor.

The fact he declared he was taking it when he was tested probably means the doc told him it would be OK to take it and if caught - just give the excuse he used. He and the doc should both face a lifetime ban.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Addict.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Pokerface wrote:
    so he's screwed.

Or not ... :D
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Just proves the old adage, Santa comes but once a year....
  • ddraver
    Mccaria wrote:
    Just proves the old adage, Santa comes but once a year....

That on the other hand is just pure filth! :wink:
    - @ddraver
  • Pokerface wrote:

He'll never get it to stand up in court
  • ddraver
    What I don't get is why he would dope with a drug to help recovery when he never got stiff anyway?!?
    - @ddraver
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Pokerface wrote:

Well, from what Ricco says in that CN piece
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-d ... -as-a-joke
    "I didn't steal anything, in doping terms I was the village cobbler compared to the big multi-nationals brands. I did what everyone else did and was perhaps in an artisan way. There were riders like Armstrong who had a staff of scientists, while people like me did what we could.

So they don't have a dodgy doctor, they do it themselves, presumably getting their doping info from bodybuildersforum.com, buying their stuff from the veterinary supply company and then doping in their kitchens.

And they're not the brightest tools in the box, didn't leave school with A-levels in pharmacology.

Hmmm !
  • ddraver
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Well, from what Ricco says in that CN piece
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-d ... -as-a-joke
    "I didn't steal anything, in doping terms I was the village cobbler compared to the big multi-nationals brands. I did what everyone else did and was perhaps in an artisan way. There were riders like Armstrong who had a staff of scientists, while people like me did what we could.

So they don't have a dodgy doctor, they do it themselves, presumably getting their doping info from bodybuildersforum.com, buying their stuff from the veterinary supply company and then doping in their kitchens.

And they're not the brightest tools in the box, didn't leave school with A-levels in pharmacology.

Hmmm !

pah! We re all about the d1ck jokes now andy!
    - @ddraver