Santambrogio +

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    From the Giro`s manager himself. Could someone please explain why they were even invited if everyone knows they are dirty as anything.

"Of course I'm not happy, but I'm not even surprised," Acquarone told Tuttobiciweb.it. "We all knew."

"The nice thing is, the peloton is rebelling," Acquarone said. "The bunch longer accepts certain things, and will point a finger, denouncing that what they say seems anomalous. First there are the voices, then the analysis to nail the cheaters."

-

"I hope cycling followers realise that s(t)upidity of the individual can't be banned. Damaging our credibil(i)ty anno 2013 deserves no 2nd chance." Stef Clement (Blanco)

"I just don't get it!!! What are they thinking? What actually goes on in their mind? STOP CHEATING DICKHEADS." Greg Henderson (Lotto-Belisol)

"The peloton knew Vini Fantini weren't trustworthy: was the talking point for the first week of the Giro (until misery & survival took over).

"The UCI doping controls are there to catch the dopers when nobody else will stop them. It's wonderful to see we can trust the system." David Millar (Garmin-Sharp)

"It's to be expected some will take the opportunity to cheat with big gains now cycling is much cleaner. Let's hope we'll never see them back." Koen de Kort (Argos-Shimano)

"It's hoped with the last shot of "flushing" we also released the last of the idiots! There are no words!" Manuel Quinziato (BMC)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Well, aint this interesting...

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ph ... -forward...

Seems that one of the bosses of the Aussie Huon Salmon-Genesys Wealth Advisers team has posted the following re VF at the Tour of Japan...

'"We raced this team in Kumano (Japan) just days ago. They managed to talk themselves out of a random test on the last stage. Said they would miss their flights home," Christie-Johnson wrote.

"Eight hours later we had tea with them prior to their departure from Japan. Didn't seem in any rush then.

"Seemed very wrong that the Japan drug testers just took their (Vini Fantini-Selle Italia) rider off the random list for the stage and swapped it to another rider from another team, especially in light of what's just happened."
    He's one of the team managers I'd like to believe, got good resources and riders in Australia and snap up those missed by the AIS (Porte of course being one), most of them being the best in the domestic scene.

On the other hand, Lee Rodgers came up with a gossip mongering piece which was shite. Do expect the biggest dopers to be in the CT circuits but also more clean riders too.
  • frenchfighter
    Defeet announced the immediate conclusion of their partnership with Vini Fantini
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    221 GARZELLI Stefano ITA
    222 ANDRIATO Rafael BRA
    223 CHICCHI Francesco ITA
    224 DI LUCA Danilo ITA
    225 GATTO Oscar ITA
    226 PRONI Alessandro ITA
    227 RABOTTINI Matteo ITA
    228 SANTAMBROGIO Mauro ITA
    229 TABORRE Fabio ITA

2013 Giro team.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

Seems that one of the bosses of the Aussie Huon Salmon-Genesys Wealth Advisers team has posted the following re VF at the Tour of Japan...

'"We raced this team in Kumano (Japan) just days ago. They managed to talk themselves out of a random test on the last stage. Said they would miss their flights home," Christie-Johnson wrote.

"Eight hours later we had tea with them prior to their departure from Japan. Didn't seem in any rush then.

"Seemed very wrong that the Japan drug testers just took their (Vini Fantini-Selle Italia) rider off the random list for the stage and swapped it to another rider from another team, especially in light of what's just happened."
    He's one of the team managers I'd like to believe, got good resources and riders in Australia and snap up those missed by the AIS (Porte of course being one), most of them being the best in the domestic scene.

On the other hand, Lee Rodgers came up with a gossip mongering piece which was shite. Do expect the biggest dopers to be in the CT circuits but also more clean riders too.

I've been following Huon Salmon-Genesys progress this year - interesting team. They're certainly cleaning up results-wise at the moment. Got a feeling at least one of their riders, maybe Earle, might end up starting his pro career alongside Porte next year.

I like some of Rodgers ramblings but some of it is gossipy and questionable toot.
  • frenchfighter
    Giro_Tappa_14_113.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    From the Giro`s manager himself. Could someone please explain why they were even invited if everyone knows they are dirty as anything.

"Of course I'm not happy, but I'm not even surprised," Acquarone told Tuttobiciweb.it. "We all knew."

"The nice thing is, the peloton is rebelling," Acquarone said. "The bunch longer accepts certain things, and will point a finger, denouncing that what they say seems anomalous. First there are the voices, then the analysis to nail the cheaters."

-

"I hope cycling followers realise that s(t)upidity of the individual can't be banned. Damaging our credibil(i)ty anno 2013 deserves no 2nd chance." Stef Clement (Blanco)

"I just don't get it!!! What are they thinking? What actually goes on in their mind? STOP CHEATING DICKHEADS." Greg Henderson (Lotto-Belisol)

"The peloton knew Vini Fantini weren't trustworthy: was the talking point for the first week of the Giro (until misery & survival took over).

"The UCI doping controls are there to catch the dopers when nobody else will stop them. It's wonderful to see we can trust the system." David Millar (Garmin-Sharp)

"It's to be expected some will take the opportunity to cheat with big gains now cycling is much cleaner. Let's hope we'll never see them back." Koen de Kort (Argos-Shimano)

"It's hoped with the last shot of "flushing" we also released the last of the idiots! There are no words!" Manuel Quinziato (BMC)

Tao Geoghegan Hart ‏@taogeoghegan 16h
    These riders are an embarrassment to the sport. As young riders, what and who are we meant to believe?

Geraint Thomas ‏@GeraintThomas86 14h
    Hopefully this is the last we hear of him #dickhead

Stef ‏@Stefclement 19h
    47th instead of 48th in the giro... Nothing more to say, evil is still in the peleton. It wore yellow fluo and we knew it when we saw it.

Carlos Verona ‏@Carlos_Verona 18h
    No words, looks like somebody hasn't understood cycling rules. Sorry but in our sport there is no place for cheaters, hope u never comeback!
    Retweeted by Chris Froome
  • wombly_knees
    edited June 2013

I've been following Huon Salmon-Genesys progress this year - interesting team. They're certainly cleaning up results-wise at the moment. Got a feeling at least one of their riders, maybe Earle, might end up starting his pro career alongside Porte next year.

I like some of Rodgers ramblings but some of it is gossipy and questionable toot.
    Aye, a very interesting team. Last year Genesys were supremely disappointing, with Mark O'Brien (now at Raleigh) cleaning up the mountain races in the NRS. Nearle is one of the top domestic riders in Australia (won a Grafton Inverell long time ago too and many stage races) and in the Asia tour Torckler thwarted him in Malayia and the Nippo pair of Arredondo and Baliani, in a dodgy as heck team, cleaning up the Japanese races.

Nearle and two younger climbers really stand out for them, Ben Dyball and Jack Haig. Both of whom I'd expect in the pro tour before long. Campbell Flakemore's a very good time trial talent.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    From the Vini Fantini website.

With regard to the positive result at the use of Epo found in Mauro Santambrogio on May 4, in a check carried out after the first stage of the Tour of Italy, the Manager of Vini Fantini Selle Italia Team, Angelo Citracca:

"Upon hearing the news, we proceeded to dismiss the athlete, to be followed by disciplinary proceedings and the claim for damages. The event, severe and painful, lays bare another athlete "sick" and part of a cycling now dead and that, as demonstrated by these efficient controls, no longer has any chance of living in modern cycling.
    The team, despite from this episode, will continue its operations even more motivated to protect its young riders, and all the athletes that in this team have found their own dimension, respecting the code of ethics of international cycling and the values ??of the team, that have made our team a team of young and dynamic, growth-oriented with excellent athletes.
    Unfortunately we were wrong to engage Santambrogio, betrayed by the beautiful promises of a very promising past and a first part of career devoted to the life of other leaders, but this can not go to affect a long-running project like ours".
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    So if an ex GT winner is being rumoured to be fingered and Vini Fantini is as dirty as sin is Garzelli tranquillo at the moment?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    edited June 2013

Who's a clever girl then!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Richmond Racer

Who's a clever boy then!

Girl, I've have you know :wink:

Oh, look what's just been announced on the Team Sky twitter feed - the signing of Nathan Earle - minutes after my post...

#humblebrag #earstothegroundRichmondRacer

:)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    How did the interview with the comic go?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    #earstothegroundRichmondRacer :)

"The trouble with having your ears so close to the ground is that you end up listening to lots of dog sh!t."
    Alexei Sayle, CAK!
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    #earstothegroundRichmondRacer :)

"The trouble with having your ears so close to the ground is that you end up listening to lots of dog sh!t."
    Alexei Sayle, CAK!

'tis true, Maca/Alexei. But the trick is to sort out the crap from the pearlers...

Alernative interpretation: even a broken clock is right twice a day

:)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    "There must be some mistake... my doctor said it would have left my system by then"

:lol:
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Timoid. wrote:
    So if an ex GT winner is being rumoured to be fingered and Vini Fantini is as dirty as sin is Garzelli tranquillo at the moment?

I think he'd pretty much retired from racing at the end of the Giro. TV pundit career awaits.

Just wondering if Basso really had a saddle sore, or whether he'd been tipped off.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Timoid. wrote:

Just wondering if Basso really had a saddle sore, or whether he'd been tipped off.

1317386000_baby_on_back_seat_really_likes_music.gif
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    1317386000_baby_on_back_seat_really_likes_music.gif

Nice. Look forward to the rest of the trip report.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    Vini out of Lombardia.

“Out of respect to the organisers and because of the excellent relations we have had with the RCS entourage up to now, we have decided to pass up on the invitation we received to Il Lombardia,” Vini Fantini-Selle Italia general manager Angelo Citracca said.

“We fully understand the difficult and embarrassing situation in which the heads of RCS inevitably find themselves after these recent incidents. For this reason, we have decided to step aside. Our primary interest is not to create further problems for the organisers, who we continue to thank for the great faith they have shown in us all these years.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Vini out of Lombardia.

“Out of respect to the organisers and because of the excellent relations we have had with the RCS entourage up to now, we have decided to pass up on the invitation we received to Il Lombardia,” Vini Fantini-Selle Italia general manager Angelo Citracca said.

“We fully understand the difficult and embarrassing situation in which the heads of RCS inevitably find themselves after these recent incidents. For this reason, we have decided to step aside. Our primary interest is not to create further problems for the organisers, who we continue to thank for the great faith they have shown in us all these years.”
    I suspect they've been told "step aside, or get uninvited".
  • meggiedude
    meggiedude Posts: 257
    pat1cp wrote:
    Vini out of Lombardia.

I suspect they've been told "step aside, or get uninvited".
    This
    Can I upgrade???
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    iainf72 wrote:
    Why does everyone react like a positive test is a bad thing? Surely it's a good thing

Don't think the reaction is against the actual positive test. It's more frustration that there are still riders so pathetically stupid as to keep trying it. And particularly EPO.

If there was a calm acceptance from other pros and fans it would be much more worrying.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I'd love it to get to a stage where the teams test and out their own riders. Ha ha ha, like that's ever going to happen.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Joelsim wrote:
    I'd love it to get to a stage where the teams test and out their own riders. Ha ha ha, like that's ever going to happen.

Dont Garmin do internal drug testing?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    They may well do. VF obviously don't.
  • wombly_knees
    Joelsim wrote:
    They may well do. VF obviously don't.
    Vini Fantini do, they test EPO on their riders.
  • meggiedude
    meggiedude Posts: 257
    Joelsim wrote:
    Maybe that's what the Vini team were doing - just testing it :D

EDIT - wobbly knees beat me to it :(
    Can I upgrade???
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Timoid. wrote:
    According to La Gazzetta, the UCI is about to announce a Russian cyclist tested positive for doping at the Giro.http://t.co/BgYLFzpArQ

Adding two and two together and probably making five but Menchov ticks both boxes.
  • frenchfighter
    Timoid. wrote:
    According to La Gazzetta, the UCI is about to announce a Russian cyclist tested positive for doping at the Giro.http://t.co/BgYLFzpArQ

Adding two and two together and probably making five but Menchov ticks both boxes.

I`d assume they mean this Giro.

Russian riders in this Giro:
    Petrov, Karpets, Belkov, Brutt, Gusev, Ignatenko, Kozontchuck and Trofimiv.
    Contador is the Greatest