Santambrogio +

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Timoid. wrote:
    David Millar ‏@millarmind 2m

The peloton knew Vini Fantini weren't trustworthy: was the talking point for the first week of the Giro (until misery & survival took over).

That's big. Not usual to point the finger at a whole team...

agree
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Were Vini Fantini banking on the idea that if you don a fluorescent workman's jacket you can get away with anything? :roll:

He really was glowing - boom tish!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    I liked the fluro...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Wasn't there talk recently that as well as Di Luca, another big name rider was going to be exposed as a doper in the near future. Is Santambrogio the rider in question or is there another big name positive to come?

It's good to see the cheats still being caught.

DD.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Seriously p1ssed off!! Hope he get a horrible disease and dies slowly, preferably in immense pain!

Looking like another year when I have to have people looking at me pitifully while I try to explain why I'm not a gullible tw@t for following pro cycling!

People like this make me sad I'm an atheist because I can't believe there's a hell somewhere for them to burn in!

W@nker!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ugly fellow too. Spoilt the photos.

OK, I laughed out loud at this. :lol:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ddraver wrote:
    People like this make me sad I'm an atheist because I can't believe there's a hell somewhere for them to burn in

Easy, soldier. Save the bad fire for the big stuff, like Hockey Girl's testosterone +ve.

On the brighter side, with this level of rider noise it should be very hard for testers not to persecute consensus abnormal riders/teams.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    Wasn't there talk recently that as well as Di Luca, another big name rider was going to be exposed as a doper in the near future.
    There was talk during the earlier stages of the Giro of a former GT winner going to be fingered under bio passport blood profiles. If it was Di Luca, they must have decided that a surprise pre-Giro test would make for easier prosecution, if it worked.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    Wasn't there talk recently that as well as Di Luca, another big name rider was going to be exposed as a doper in the near future.
    There was talk during the earlier stages of the Giro of a former GT winner going to be fingered under bio passport blood profiles. If it was Di Luca, they must have decided that a surprise pre-Giro test would make for easier prosecution, if it worked.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    If the peloton knew that Santambrogio/Vini were doping, then why did Nibali gift him the win?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    If the peloton knew that Santambrogio/Vini were doping, then why did Nibali gift him the win?
    Maybe he knew he probably wouldn't outsprint him anyway, so made an obvious gift to bank a future favour.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I feel sorry for the people who put trust in them, but then maybe that was their fault.

:?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I feel sorry for the people who put trust in them, but then maybe that was their fault.

:?

Extract from the Giro Stage 14 Thread
    Very pleased for Santambrogio. He has done so well since joining Vini and riding for himself not for someone else.

Now he's ruining his photos :roll:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm so gutted, I liked Vini Fantini and yes I would have worn the kit!

It would be interesting to know if the Peleton suspect anyone else at the moment but as we know unsubstantiated rumours can be expensive in court!

It seems that even after uprooting the unwanted tree that cast a shadow over the garden there are a lot of weeds to remove.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    think the whole team should be drug tested and have houses raided immediately
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Rumours of more to come.

Why does everyone react like a positive test is a bad thing? Surely it's a good thing
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,707
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

Why does everyone react like a positive test is a bad thing? Surely it's a good thing

+1
    Definitely a good thing, unless one is naive enough to believe that the peloton got up one morning
    to discover it had magically become clean, overnight.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

It's good to catch the cheats but it is depressing. And if the rumour on Twitter is true, the sport will be damaged.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

I wonder who ?

Could it be the Maglia Rosa ?? For the sake of cycling I hope not.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

Not sure anyone has reacted like it's a bad thing have they? There's some frustration but that's only because of the stupidity being demonstrated and the fact that it's going to be used as a whip to beat cycling rather than a cause to celebrate a successful testing regime by the ignorant general media.

Those feelings are only going to be exacerbated when the Nibs result comes out ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

Definitely.
    At least the drug testing is working.

Screenshot_2013-06-03-20-30-53_20130603203341796.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

It goes from bad to worse for Wiggo if he's no longer the only GT winner at Sky.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • DeadCalm
    As far as I can tell these rumours originate entirely from Vayer who comes across as a bit of a nutter. And how exactly would he be in the know anyway? I'd be a little bit wary of giving too much credence to them just yet.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Where did this new "rumour" come from (the one about a chap who recently wore pink), anywhere remotely credible?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "I can only say that I am in disbelief about what has happened and will request the counter analysis as soon as possible," Santambrogio
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Well, aint this interesting...

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/ph ... -forward...

Seems that one of the bosses of the Aussie Huon Salmon-Genesys Wealth Advisers team has posted the following re VF at the Tour of Japan...

'"We raced this team in Kumano (Japan) just days ago. They managed to talk themselves out of a random test on the last stage. Said they would miss their flights home," Christie-Johnson wrote.

"Eight hours later we had tea with them prior to their departure from Japan. Didn't seem in any rush then.

"Seemed very wrong that the Japan drug testers just took their (Vini Fantini-Selle Italia) rider off the random list for the stage and swapped it to another rider from another team, especially in light of what's just happened."
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours of more to come.

I think it's great. Coupled with the backlash you see on twitter from some in the peleton it gives me hope that cycling will be the cleanest sport around, if it isn't already.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Where did this new "rumour" come from (the one about a chap who recently wore pink), anywhere remotely credible?

If its just Vayer, I wouldnt give any credence. But dont know who, if anyone, else...
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    "I can only say that I am in disbelief about what has happened and will request the counter analysis as soon as possible," Santambrogio

Doper takes standard issue drug and issues standard response.
  • DeadCalm

If its just Vayer, I wouldnt give any credence. But dont know who, if anyone, else...

As far as I can tell it is entirely down to Antoine Vayer.