Has anyone on here NOT just ordered a Scott CR1 frame

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
.....from a certain shop beginning with W.

If so, please post here. Just so the rest of us know who you are........ :lol:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Me. :(
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • bobbygloss
    bobbygloss Posts: 317
    Me. Very tempted but I've just bought a CX. Plus it says "UK only". :(
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I've spent enough on bits thanks... although the Ultegra triple front derailleur is looking very tempting right now
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    im not sure i would even if i had the money for the frame.

its not di2 frameset and i wouldnt buy a new frameset that wasnt internal di2 now as i plan to only ever buy di2 from here on in.
  • I haven't yet,

But this is almost my LBS so I may have to have a mosey over the weekend........
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Given that I already have a carbon TT frame waiting to be repaired, a new carbon CX frame waiting to be built up, and an old steel Holdsworth frame which I'm still deciding exactly how to use, I thought it might be overkill...

I did manage to ride (in anger) all 6 of my existing bikes over the space of 4 days a couple of weeks ago which I was quite pleased with, especially as I didn't set out to do it...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I haven't
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Me neither. I am awaiting my condor italia though! ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Rolf F wrote:
    .....from a certain shop beginning with W.

If so, please post here. Just so the rest of us know who you are........ :lol:

Losers...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    spasypaddy wrote:
    its not di2 frameset and i wouldnt buy a new frameset that wasnt internal di2 now as i plan to only ever buy di2 from here on in.

I suppose internal Di2 is (slightly) neater. TBH, though, you'd be hard-pressed to spot the Di2 external runs on my Volagi.

If I had £500 to spend on a frame, I'd much rather get the better frame and run Di2 externally than compromise on the frame to get internally-run Di2.

Fortunately, I have the Ultegra set-up from the Volagi to fit to the Scott frame so it's not a debate :)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Not I. I tried to tell the EPO what a bargain it was and got very short shrift. In fact she has now decided as I have the new Kinesis she needs a new toy. How can mentioning a cheap frame being on sale cost me money when I don't get a frame out of it? Fail on my parts.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not I. I tried to tell the EPO what a bargain it was and got very short shrift. In fact she has now decided as I have the new Kinesis she needs a new toy. How can mentioning a cheap frame being on sale cost me money when I don't get a frame out of it? Fail on my parts.

You fell for that!

How long have you been married?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    spasypaddy wrote:

I suppose internal Di2 is (slightly) neater. TBH, though, you'd be hard-pressed to spot the Di2 external runs on my Volagi.

If I had £500 to spend on a frame, I'd much rather get the better frame and run Di2 externally than compromise on the frame to get internally-run Di2.

In anycase, you just use untidy insulation tape along the chainstay for the rear mech wire and pretend you are in the Orica Greenedge team on the Paris - Roubaix last year. Pics on here somewhere on how they Di2'd this exact frame.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • spasypaddy
    Rolf F wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

In anycase, you just use untidy insulation tape along the chainstay for the rear mech wire and pretend you are in the Orica Greenedge team on the Paris - Roubaix last year. Pics on here somewhere on how they Di2'd this exact frame.
    im sure but i dont want external di2 ruining a very nice bike. id want it all internal.

happy with my external on the commuter but not on a dry weather bike
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I haven't. I nearly did, then bought a new PC that I didn't need instead, in a moment of sensibility, decided that I should probably sell the two bikes I'm not using first. Then I'll buy another. Two.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I haven't. But I suppose I don't really count as they didn't have my size (and I just bought a new bike and have no space for any others).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Sketchley wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You fell for that!

How long have you been married?
    I haven't succumbed yet. I'm humouring her by asking what she would like. She's the one that worries about money so it probably won't cost me a bean but will be used to beat me with if I turn up riding a Scott.
    Oh, married 18 years. Remarkable length of time for someone to put up with me. my attempts at humouring her may just work. :lol:
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Now googling Di2 groupsets, bugger.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    I didn't.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Already got two Addicts so a CR1 would be a bit of a step down :twisted:
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    spasypaddy wrote:

That's easily fixed: use the Scott for commuting :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

That's easily fixed: use the Scott for commuting :wink:
    :lol:

no i love my CAAD 9 too much

the real reason is i dont have any money otherwise i'd have bought a frame. ive spent a scary amount of money on bikes and equipment in the past 12 months...
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    edited May 2013
    Already got two Addicts so a CR1 would be a bit of a step down :twisted:
    You're maybe the man to ask for help here :
    Swithering
    a) Do I buy a Scott CR1/Addict (SL models obviously) : how good ? Currently best bike is a Principia alu frame.
    b) Which do I go for : older by 3 years Addict or 2012 CR1

Have you ridden a CR1 SL and Addict SL ?
    Are your Addicts or have you ridden the SL / HMX versions ?
    Also not 100% sure of the Addict geo in comparison to CR1 geo.
    Addict said to be racier : comparatively longer TT, lower HT.
    I don't want a silly-low bar position but I am happy enough with shortish HTs and I don't think that I am going to ride super long rides although I rode an Etape a few years ago on a super-stiff Principia and was perfectly comfy.

Edit to add :
    http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=53026
    A worry re Addict SL's ?!! Maybe they are/were too lightweight.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'm running di2 on a cannondale supersix evo this week in no way is it better than mechanical shimano and light years away from campag chorus+

Snake oil folks and if you shimano folks think otherwise I suggest you take a long hard look at your felting skills.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Ultegra triple front derailleur is looking very tempting right now

*slap*
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Ultegra triple front derailleur is looking very tempting right now

*slap*

Look you bunch of bloody bike snobs, just bugger off the lot of ya.

Triple means I can use the 39 ring for damn near everything and save my flaming knees from exploding while trying to lose some of this bloody weight I've put on. I was up to 15st 8lbs and a 40" waist :oops: I've lost 8lbs so far and need to lose another stone.

I honestly do not understand this attitude about triples though....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

• I honestly do not understand this attitude about triples though....

Take no notice. I often drink them myself :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem