Is my life less valuable than a police officer?

124»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I got a sneak preview of the script for next weeks Eastenders omnibus, its very exciting:

Notes:
    In a deep gravelly untrusting cockney accent - 1
    In a screeching female cockney accent like a Eunuch with his todger in a vice- 2

2 "Aaaah Rickeeeee"
    1 "Wots goin' on?"
    2 "Leave it owt"
    1 "Wots goin on?"
    1 "Aaaah Bianka..."
    1 "'Ello princess"
    2 "Leave it owt"
    2 "Oh my gawd..." Cue ending credits
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    seanoconn wrote:
    Nothing interesting happens!?

Gary making a pass at Tina
    Peter Barlow's struggling business
    Gail taking her job too seriously
    Roy's dad dying
    Katy and Liam.....

I just enjoy different types of programmes, much more into documentaries and things that happen in real life than watching other people's lives. Like I said, it was all my opinion.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I appreciate the police are there to "Protect and serve" but if the home secretary has her way the killing of a police officer will carry a mandatory life imprisonment tariff. However if I were to get murdered (perhaps defending an elderly person from attack, who knows) the sentence is up for debate.

Now I'm not being funny but, I think the loss of me to my family would be every bit as devastating to them as sharon beshenivsky's awful loss was to hers.

I'm not saying that the life tariff would be wrong, but when you join the force you do so with full knowledge (I hope) of what you're signing up to. One of the reasons I never joined the police force or armed forces.

Quite agree, they know what theyre signing up for and we shouldn't provide protection by making killing or maiming a police officer or soldier (ergo the state) an even more serious affair. we dont need deterrents. In fact we spend a lot of money on protective clothing. they know a riot or shrapnell is going to hurt they should buy their own or stop whinging. in fact its their own fault for protecting spineless bafoons like the op
    I'm neither spineless nor a bafoon, but you are quite insulting.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    a whole load of insulting stuff like wot I did
    some other stuff

Oh come on Frank be reasonable - I think you are a buffoon but I don't think you're spineless. :D

Vino'sghost: It was a good OP, he has raised a valid moral issue. We cannot value one human life more than another.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I appreciate the police are there to "Protect and serve" but if the home secretary has her way the killing of a police officer will carry a mandatory life imprisonment tariff. However if I were to get murdered (perhaps defending an elderly person from attack, who knows) the sentence is up for debate.

Now I'm not being funny but, I think the loss of me to my family would be every bit as devastating to them as sharon beshenivsky's awful loss was to hers.

I'm not saying that the life tariff would be wrong, but when you join the force you do so with full knowledge (I hope) of what you're signing up to. One of the reasons I never joined the police force or armed forces.

Quite agree, they know what theyre signing up for and we shouldn't provide protection by making killing or maiming a police officer or soldier (ergo the state) an even more serious affair. we dont need deterrents. In fact we spend a lot of money on protective clothing. they know a riot or shrapnell is going to hurt they should buy their own or stop whinging. in fact its their own fault for protecting spineless bafoons like the op

I was undecided whether this was an attempt at humour by Vino'sGhost or was he a moron. Needless to say, I didn't find it very humourous. :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508

We cannot value one human life more than another.

I think this is a spineless attempt to get 47b not to hunt you down like the dog you are - you've had it matey - you never mess with cobble riding, courgette growing, sun loving expats. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.