Comments

• Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    onionmk wrote:
    I call my bike 'Dolan'

Terry? His brother lives with me.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I call mine "the bike". It's a bike, I ride it to and from work. It takes me touring and I do family rides with it. I have named my child but the bike is just the bike. Do you name all your socket set or favourite chain splitter? Why your bike?

When you have more than one bike what will you call the other bike?

You may as well come up with names now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    HaydenM wrote:
    No, mine are known as their brand or model. Not sure when I use model rather than brand though. I'm currently trying to convince the GF to let me name our potential new dog 'dog' though so maybe I'm not normal...

My mate got a Heinz 57 varieties rescue dog. He called it 'Dave'. I said that he can't possibly call it 'Dave', it's just wrong. I asked him why he called his dog 'Dave' and he said because his friend called his dog 'Nigel'!
    The mind boggles.

When he takes this errant dog for a walk in the park, he shouts "Dave, Dave, here boy Dave". He thinks it's amusing when some people turn their heads. One day he'll get a smack in the mouth.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Fenton! Fenton! Fenton!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • cougie wrote:
    I call mine "the bike". It's a bike, I ride it to and from work. It takes me touring and I do family rides with it. I have named my child but the bike is just the bike. Do you name all your socket set or favourite chain splitter? Why your bike?

When you have more than one bike what will you call the other bike?

You may as well come up with names now.
    I sell the old one and still call it bike. Not got the space for more than one bike. Well got a freebie bso at my parents that I never ride beyond the 20 second trial on the driveway. Then there's my old bike. That's a pointless, sentimental keeper that's not roadworthy. I call that old bike.

The bike I had before my current one was stolen. I call that last bike.

If I need to describe any other bike I've owned since my very first one I'll call it by the make or type. It's an object you use to your personal benefit. A tool. I'd give a child a name, a pet that has interaction with me that's a form of semi-intelligent communication a name. Anything else is purely functional and so doesn't need a name. It makes no sense!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    No names. They are Road bike, winter bike, old steelie, London bike, mountain bike.

But I do talk to them... :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have 3 bikes, named the Felt, the Ridley and the Cube after their manufacturers, obviously.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The only ones I've ever named are my Cervelo Soloists, which were both called Lee after Maggie Gyllenhaal's character in Secretary.

This is because every time I rode them they begged for a damn good thrashing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    Got a Merlin road bike, decided to call it Arthur...

:mrgreen:
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    courtmed wrote:

Magic!
  • My bike is known as the rocket. Simply because I don't have a motorcycle, and it's an inside joke among people I know who do have a motorcycle when they talk about their "bikes". So I always thought it was funny when they talk about their harley's and honda's and I just go "Oh yea. Mines run on leg power. Get that baby up to 50mph down hill. 2mph uphill."
  • courtmed wrote:

Should have called it Emris or Emrys. That's Merlin's name apparently, first name. Look it up. Means eternal one or divine one or of the gods. Unfortunately, unless you have Welsh/Celtic links the English version is Ambrose.
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    courtmed wrote:

Should have called it Emris or Emrys. That's Merlin's name apparently, first name. Look it up. Means eternal one or divine one or of the gods. Unfortunately, unless you have Welsh/Celtic links the English version is Ambrose.

Luckily all I have are Welsh links, so Emrys it is!
  • Staggy or just The Stag, as the forme logo looks ever so slightly like the profile of one.