Tour of Turkey *spoilers*

Comments

• Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    In light of Sagangate, it appears that Fake Sean Penn is taking no chances with lady on the right
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    LoL. ^LoL.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    afx237vi wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:
    while Mustafa Sayer kept the mountain jersey.

8671417299_57c4989a1e.jpg

Asked to describe the catfight, Sayer was eloquently lost for words...

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=XcMH32pe40bSBM&tbnid=Av88nhNjii-mLM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whoateallthepies.tv%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F10%2FBegbie.jpg&ei=ol51UdzuHaKa0QXKhIG4Dw&psig=AFQjCNGBoQdVbvZEvzpvmzr1k1yddbaLEw&ust=1366732834527134
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    Had noticed this already and the scales are really funny indeed. Check this out:

http://www.steephill.tv/players/profile ... ile-08.png
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    knedlicky wrote:
    Suspected collarbone breaks for Renshaw and Bos (both Blanco) and for Vangenechten (Lotto).

Kittel seemingly hurt

8671417211_6a6953dc39.jpg

Just a flesh wound...
  • argyllflyer
    ThomThom wrote:
    Best thing about last years race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ru3vGR8nck

Is it Kirby everybody seems to hate lately?

Yeah, I'll give Kirby a pass for that clip, otherwise i'm in the 'dislike' camp.

Spose I'll have to watch this cr*p race as it seems Sky have Romandie

(whoever said Eurosport had more racing coverage this year is having me on)

Whole Sky v Eurosport coverage thing is doing my nut, Sky can go f*ck itself if they thing i'm going to cave in and pay their silly prices. (I probably will when they secure every other race )

While Romandie and Tour de Suisse appear to be on Sky, they have so far added from 2012:

E3 (though delayed coverage in UK)
    3 Days of de Panne
    Tour of Azerbaijan (highlights)
    Tro Bro Leon (highlights)
    Roma Maxima
    the UK Premier Calendar series
    the UK Elite Series
    (and they also showed Pais Vasco which wasn't on last season)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Been a while since Eurosport has aired Romandie if I remember correctly.
  • argyllflyer
    ThomThom wrote:
    Been a while since Eurosport has aired Romandie if I remember correctly.

They had it last season.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Update from the Blanco twitter... Mark Renshaw has fractured collarbone, lost a tooth & has muscle damage to his neck. Theo Bos has 'only' a big haemorrhage to upper leg & won't start tomorrow.

Wishing both a quick recovery.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Anyone else think Kruopis celebration was a bit extravagant considering how few people were in contention? I'd have thought a sheepish raising of one hand would have sufficed. Then again watching again he showed good skills to avoid the carnage so possibly well deserved. So much for being on the front to stay out of trouble!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    Anyone else think Kruopis celebration was a bit extravagant considering how few people were in contention? I'd have thought a sheepish raising of one hand would have sufficed. Then again watching again he showed good skills to avoid the carnage so possibly well deserved. So much for being on the front to stay out of trouble!
    He's hardly a prolific winner. Three or four wins a season in mostly untelevised races. I say let him have his moment.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    What a horrendous crash, I thought there was going to be one yesterday to be fair, the road narrowed near the end and the was some banzai official frantically trying to stop them from crashing in to the barrier!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    knedlicky wrote:
    Kittel seemingly hurt
    8671417211_6a6953dc39.jpg
    Just a flesh wound...
    Kittel said, he was in 4th place at the time of the crash and had no alternative but to ride over Renshaw and then fall himself. He went down to the left, slid a bit and then other riders went into, and on to, him.

He has cuts and scrapes but said his worst injury is to the thigh which was underneath his bike when he was down on the asphalt, because riders landing on him pressed his bike’s top tube in it. The thigh is now bruised and swollen, and he finds it hard to bend that leg and hopes the injury isn’t more complicated than presently believed. He intends to ride a little before tomorrow’s stage to see how the thigh is, and then decide whether to start or not.

Because of the crash, his shorts got ripped and on the back of the race leader’s jersey which he was wearing, there is now the imprint of someone else’s chainwheel. Kittel said this didn’t matter though, because the jersey could still be hung, front forward, in his trophy cabinet.
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    Pross wrote:
    Judging by the way he was talking after the stage during his interview, it looked like he thought he would have won anyways. He did manage to avoid the crash and close the gap though, so it was a deserved win under the circumstances I guess. Don't think anyone likes to win like this, but someone has to.
  • Konya Terku signed their quota of riders with dodgy pasts in ex Tabriz man Andrey Mizourov. De la Fuente and him to have a 1-2 finish.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Veloimages heavyweights
    064240_DSC_6613.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    So, not interest in these big Turkish mountains, then?
    Big news of the day, Alessandro Petacchi has retired with immediate effect...........
    http://www.teamlampremerida.com/en/2013 ... fermo-qui/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Big news of the day, Alessandro Petacchi has retired with immediate effect...........

A bit, um, sudden?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Jinkies.

Do you reckon him and Harmon are of for a tryst. :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Harmon and backstedt saying rumours on twitter saying Renshaw might be off to re-unite with Cav at OPQS next season.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

A bit, um, sudden?

That was my initial thought. My second thought was that he probably got told he wasn't picked for the Giro and thought "ahhh, stuff it"... which makes more sense.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:
    Best thing about last years race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ru3vGR8nck

Damn, I thought you were going to link to the circus freakshow put on by that Bulgarian guy.

Never mind, I'm watching it again now, only this time he ain't Bulgarian.
  • blazing_saddles
    I thought Grabovsky was suspended? :roll:
  • afx237vi

Great minds think alike :lol:

Harmon just called it an unbelievable ride.
  • Richmond Racer
    afx237vi wrote:

Great minds think alike :lol:

Harmon just called it an unbelievable ride.

Hmm.....+1
  • afx237vi
    Good win by Berhane. Somehow I find his ride a little easier to believe in.
  • blazing_saddles
    Mustafa Blood test.
    Great sprint by Berhane.
  • Richmond Racer
    Mustafa Blood test.
    Great sprint by Berhane.

Quality (on both counts)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    What a cracking stage! Great win for the boy child Berhane :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach