Vuelta al Pais Vasco 2013 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Not sure what the Talansky group are playing at.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Fraile riding strong on his own on the front but with 45Km's or so to go is a tough ride to the finish
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Very much like the final road stage of Tirreno-Adriatico.
    Still a long way to go and climbing to be done.
    Breakaway already running out of steam.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    They will be looping this climb three times.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • danlikesbikes
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Not sure what the Talansky group are playing at.

Just seem to be looking at each other & chatting. Probably wondering if its worth it? Should have ridden with Fraile up that climb and not let the gap go.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • danlikesbikes
    BMC now have 5 riders withdrawn on this stage!
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

BMC = Bails from Mountain Climbs
  • danlikesbikes

BMC = Bails from Mountain Climbs

coffee + laugh = wet macbook :-( good joke though
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Are there any daft gradients like TA though? (I genuinely don't know)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • danlikesbikes
    Fraile has 1:10 with 34.7kms to go from a vasty reduced peloton
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Can be little doubt that Kiryienka is the most stylish rider in the peloton.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Are there any daft gradients like TA though? (I genuinely don't know)

Climb is 1.4km at 12% average and the climbs have 20% max I think.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Would really Fraile to win this stage. Ballsy ride
  • danlikesbikes
    Would really love him to win this stage. Ballsy ride

Think the other teams are looking at Sky to bring the gap down & TBH looks like they are happy doing a temp ride and letting him go.

Good ride from Fraile if he wins or not, but I hope he does
  • blazing_saddles
    If Fraile doesn't crash, this could be very, very dull.
    Little ambition left out there in the cold and damp.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is Power Horse energy drink a joint venture between HSBC and Lloyds?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    If Fraile doesn't crash, this could be very, very dull.
    Little ambition left out there in the cold and damp.
    Very disappointing.
  • danlikesbikes
    Sky doing their job of protecting GC, down to other teams to step up & take it too them as nothing in it for Sky to chase Fraile down
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    great bike handling skills today - I dont even bother to go to the garage when its like this, let alone get the bike out
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    People seem to criticise Sky for making the racing dull but tbh it's the total lack of ambition shown by most of the other teams which is to blame. Everyone knew what Sky had to do and they've done next to nothing about it - that's the difference between an organised professional team and a bunch of guys wearing the same jersey imo.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    jam1e wrote:
    People seem to criticise Sky for making the racing dull but tbh it's the total lack of ambition shown by most of the other teams which is to blame. Everyone knew what Sky had to do and they've done next to nothing about it - that's the difference between an organised professional team and a bunch of guys wearing the same jersey imo.

I reckon they're just trying to burn out all of Sky's riders before the grand tours to be honest..
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Fraile no threat on GC so shouldn't Sky just be riding tempo and watching out for attacks? Down to the others to attack, status quo plays into Sky's hands. Movistar looked to have a plan earlier but now seem a bit clueless...
  • danlikesbikes
    Fraile just getting on this last climb, will be interesting to see when the peloton get to it if anyone tries anything. If I were a 'lower' team DS knowing that Sky can't/don't want to bring the gap down would be worth a punt of getting your riders out the front if only for TV coverage.
  • blazing_saddles
    Just when you think the weather couldn't get any worse.
    Lucky if 50 riders are at the ITT.
    Will anybody throw caution to the wind? (and rain and sleet and snow....)
  • thomthom
    As I wrote in another thread, I won't be complaining about live races. The more races we get to see, the better.

That said, I'm short of arguments why this race should be aired live. It's been so poor every day.
  • ilm_zero7
    a shame he is bound to get caught, what a gutsy ride
  • danlikesbikes
    So one more short but steep climb to go for Fraile with 57's gap on the peloton
  • thomthom
    Couldn't they save this weather for sunday instead?
  • ilm_zero7
    ThomThom wrote:
    As I wrote in another thread, I won't be complaining about live races. The more races we get to see, the better.

That said, I'm short of arguments why this race should be aired live. It's been so poor every day.
    but you're watching it, and so am I - relives a dull friday evening
  • danlikesbikes
    Hear we go - Euska on the front now doing some of the work.

Looks like a possible attack from others in the peloton on the last climb of the day?