Cervelo P5 TT bike

1235»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Coming onto an internet forum and complaining about a product failure when the retailer and manufacturer are doing everything they can to get it sorted for you is a bit out of order. Not really fair on the manufacturer if you're showing them in a bad light despite them giving you a new set for free. Yes the hub failed, and Zipp have updated their design for 2014 to avoid it happening again. No need to let the world know that your hubs failed.

What are you talking about?
    So the right course of action would be to keep it secret? It's not an isolated case and there are people out there riding these wheels, they have the right to be informed regardless of whether the poster will receive brand new wheels or not.
    As he/she ppointed out, a recall was probably the right thing to do, seeing how many of these hubs have failed in the same spectacular and dangerous way

By all means come on the internet and complain. Just don't do it in MY thread!! :)

In all seriousness - hubs from other brands fail too. Zipp have updated their hubs in 2014 to make them stiffer, not necessarily to prevent failure. I'm currently having all my ZIpp wheels rebuilt with a 3rd party hub - to make them lighter and stiffer, not for safety reasons.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    So i just click into a TT bike not expecting it to be an IRISH WORLD CHAMPION'S!!!
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Pic of me racing in the National 10 on the P5. Shortly before the hub in the front wheel blew apart! :oops:

TT-2_zps479e01b6.jpg

I cant help thinking the P5 doesn't look right without a rider, but as soon as you add one it looks brilliant.
    Also what an awsome photo to have of yourself!
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Have you had to have your bars recalled as part of the safety recall?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Sandyballs wrote:
    Have you had to have your bars recalled as part of the safety recall?

Nope. Mine were fine.