Cervelo P5 TT bike

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    P.S. Full disc and 808 front on the bike today for a 10-miler. Will be good to see what it can do in 'full aero' mode.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Pokerface wrote:
    This bike would have benefitted greatly from a better paint job. Even basic black.

Cervelo really dropped the ball a little when they were sold and started going with these ridiculous paint schemes.

Think your right there as the S5 just looks 'odd' as a paint job though I know they were trying to make the frame downtube not stand out so much but have done the opposite
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • I think they look super sexy, but I have odd, and often garish, tastes in things.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That looks amazing. Hope you enjoy it! :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Pokerface
    Briefly - today's set-up:

Zipp 900 rear disc and 808FC front. Save the Lightweight disc for better roads!

Cerv1_zps70a3f5e4.jpg
    Zipp1-2_zpscb65d59d.jpg
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Wow - that's a real machine.

I'm going to ask a seemingly, very stupid question: Do all TT bikes lack a rear brake?

EDIT: I think I have just spotted it, hiding behind the crankset right?
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Very nice indeed

but a bottle for a 10? and a normal bottle at that?
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Pokerface
    acidstrato wrote:
    Very nice indeed

but a bottle for a 10? and a normal bottle at that?

Bottle is just there for warming up. Furthermore, that's the only type of bottle that is now UCI-legal. Obviously not for club events, etc - but I do race UCI events.
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    really, I didn't know that.

so what time did you put in?
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • declan1
    3T just shared the photo of you and Carlos Sastre on Facebook - I bet you're going to frame that! :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Very nice Colin, 8)

I hope your not going to be riding that on Monday or we'll never keep up, its going to be hard enough anyway! :mrgreen:
  • Pokerface
    declan1 wrote:
    3T just shared the photo of you and Carlos Sastre on Facebook - I bet you're going to frame that! :D

No. Won't be framing the photo. I may frame the jersey though!

Looking forward to riding with Carlos in July.
  • declan1
    Pokerface wrote:
    declan1 wrote:

No. Won't be framing the photo. I may frame the jersey though!

Looking forward to riding with Carlos in July.

Yeah I meant the jersey haha! :P

You got any big plans this year with that beast of a bike?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Pokerface
    ^ a few club 10s. Nothing special.
  • declan1
    Surely the club gets really annoyed with you winning all the time? ;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Pokerface
    declan1 wrote:
    Surely the club gets really annoyed with you winning all the time? ;)

I've yet to win one! 2nd a few times. Maybe this year will be my year.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You may have me to contend with again next year ;)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Pokerface
    acidstrato wrote:
    really, I didn't know that.

so what time did you put in?

Yes. UCI regs only allow standard bottles this year. I sued to use an aero bottle.

Today's ride on a slow course was a rather unspectacular 24:17. Good enough for 14th in a field of around 100.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Just stunning that.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Very nice but more importantly did you do the spanner work yourself or was it delivered assembled ..? :wink:

FYI
    Just this afternoon I finished my own very first Cervelo build, i'm afraid to post any pics on here in case I get flamed for my uncut steerer :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    itboffin wrote:
    Very nice but more importantly did you do the spanner work yourself or was it delivered assembled ..? :wink:

FYI
    Just this afternoon I finished my own very first Cervelo build, i'm afraid to post any pics on here in case I get flamed for my uncut steerer :roll:

If you are its just jealousy from others, don't let it put you off posting some pics
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Pokerface
    itboffin wrote:

FYI

I actually did most of the build myself. All the DI2 stuff and custom wiring. My bike shop helped with the installation of the hydraulic brakes.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

FYI

If you are its just jealousy from others, don't let it put you off posting some pics

No it's napD he's mean :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Damn right.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • itboffin
    Anyone know where I can buy a dork disk? the bigger the better please ...
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    I have been poring over this and can find very little that I would change - very nearly the ultimate TT bike, congrats!

what tyres are you using? lots of discussion on Slowtwitch at the moment on best tyres to use on a firecrest front

where have you stashed the di2 battery?
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pics:
    Magura2_zps34512faf.jpg

Nice bike!

Colin, where did you get the gear change buttons that are on the brake levers?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    I think you have to create yourself a pair at the mo - lots of people using some butchered cateye buttons glued onto the inside of the brake pods
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    That sir is a stunning stunning bike!

Needs a world champ stripe on it somewhere though...
  • mhj999
    mhj999 Posts: 122
    Pokerface wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    How long did it take to get the Berner cage di2 mech done?

A few weeks. I had to wait a bit because Fabian had ordered several and his order came first.

Who does he think he is? If he's not winning races, he's delaying delivery of new bling parts - what a spoilsport.
    Sensa Giulia 105