De Panne 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Salsiccia1 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    "sensible response"? .. If you're a great big nancy, maybe. If Sagan is going to come anywhere near Sean Kelly's palmares, like people are saying, he needs to stop mucking about with his hamster hops, whoulies and skid-marks and knuckle down to some hard graft.
    "Saving his legs", indeed...Don't know what it's all coming to. Next thing you know they'll let women race.

In my day, we used to take out the main muscle groups in our legs and file each individual muscle fibre the day before a race. If you managed to avoid slipping into a coma - you were ready!... Happy days.

Maybe that's why Kelly didn't win Flanders?

I think your irony meter might need recalibrating...

I think yours does, I was joking as well.
  • OPQS Cycling Team ‏@opqscyclingteam 9m
    Riders are roling in stage 3a. 8 riders didn`t start today, including @tomboonen1...

Presumably Boonen realises that having finally acted as Cav's leadout man, his career is complete, with no more honours or accolades worth acquiring.
  • davelakers wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    So what happened to Sagan? Anyone know?
    The rumour was that he was saving his legs for some chipper on Sunday.

Edit: Out of idle curiosity, does anyone know if Mike Terpstra is any relation to Niki?

He isnt. Apparently one is Dutch, the other Belgian. But that was from Carlton Kirby so it could be bollox.

"OPQS Cycling Team ‏@opqscyclingteam
    Downing, De Troyer, M. Terpstra (yes, the brother of Niki!), VanHaecke and Eeckhout extended their lead to 1 minute again #ddp"

Kirby strikes again!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    Ooh, crosswinds.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    Nobody else watching this?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Nobody else watching this?

Yup.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    "sensible response"? .. If you're a great big nancy, maybe. If Sagan is going to come anywhere near Sean Kelly's palmares, like people are saying, he needs to stop mucking about with his hamster hops, whoulies and skid-marks and knuckle down to some hard graft.
    "Saving his legs", indeed...Don't know what it's all coming to. Next thing you know they'll let women race.

In my day, we used to take out the main muscle groups in our legs and file each individual muscle fibre the day before a race. If you managed to avoid slipping into a coma - you were ready!... Happy days.

Maybe that's why Kelly didn't win Flanders?

I think your irony meter might need recalibrating...

I think yours does, I was joking as well.

:oops:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • tailwindhome
    all together with 8k to go

that's a nasty looking turn with 350m to go.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    peleton all over the road avoiding tram lines and trying to stay on the right side of the train tracks

• tailwindhome
    Argos massed at the front. Cannondale trying to get organised
  • tailwindhome

OGE rider dangling off the front
  • tailwindhome

Terpstra dragging Cav up but lost some places on the slow side of a roundabout
  • tailwindhome
    This last turns going to be a mess.
  • tailwindhome
    Thru safe
  • tailwindhome
    Kristoff
  • tailwindhome
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3m
    Kristoff won this morning stage in 2012 too.
  • DeadCalm
    That turn just before the finish was plain daft.
    Team My Man 2022:

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    OPQS Cycling Team ‏@opqscyclingteam 9m
    Riders are roling in stage 3a. 8 riders didn`t start today, including @tomboonen1...

Presumably Boonen realises that having finally acted as Cav's leadout man, his career is complete, with no more honours or accolades worth acquiring.

I wouldn't have called what happened yesterday a lead-out.. they just dumped him with 1k to go and it was up to Cav to find a wheel.
  • tailwindhome
    GC

Kristoff
    Demare @ 8s
    Cav @9s
    Chavanel @10s
    Vatomme @ 10s

Looks good for Chavanel....
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Eurosport just advertised that Flanders is on tomorrow.. I am pretty sure its Sunday, isn't it?
  • tailwindhome
    Eurosport just advertised that Flanders is on tomorrow.. I am pretty sure its Sunday, isn't it?

Kirby needs to figure out when the TT is first :roll:
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Was the TT on first? Or is that already over?
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    seanorawe wrote:
    Was the TT on first? Or is that already over?

On this afternoon, though lots of riders won't start it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    MAR-31 Ronde van Vlaanderen / Tour des Flandres BEL PT UCI World
    MAR-31 Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja ESP 1.1 Europe
    MAR-31 Flèche d'Emeraude - Saint Malo FRA 1.1 Europe
    APR-01 Val d'Ille Classic - Souvenir Julien Ditlecadet FRA 1.1 Europe
    APR-01 Giro del Belvedere di Villa di Cordignano ITA 1.2U Europe
    APR-01 APR-06 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco ESP PT UCI World
    APR-01 APR-06 The Maha Chackri Sirindhon's Cup Tour of Thailand THA 2.2 Asia
    APR-02 GP Palio del Recioto ITA 1.2U Europe
    APR-02 APR-05 Circuit Cycliste Sarthe - Pays de la Loire FRA 2.1 Europe
    APR-03 Scheldeprijs BEL 1.HC Europe
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_mkcd1uMj6o1qfcvrto1_400.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “I wanted to get in some kilometres here before the Tour of Flanders but you mustn’t turn that into additional efforts,” Sagan said, according to La Dernière Heure. “Now I’m going to prepare calmly for Sunday.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    GC

Kristoff
    Demare @ 8s
    Cav @9s
    Chavanel @10s
    Vatomme @ 10s

You sure
    6. Niki TERPSTRA, Omega Pharma-Quick Step, at :10

I thought Niki could TT.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Live on Eurosport if anyone was wondering.
  • DeadCalm
    deejay wrote:
    GC

Kristoff
    Demare @ 8s
    Cav @9s
    Chavanel @10s
    Vatomme @ 10s

You sure
    6. Niki TERPSTRA, Omega Pharma-Quick Step, at :10

I thought Niki could TT.
    Chavanel took 18 seconds out of Terpstra in the TT last year.
    Team My Man 2022:

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    OPQS are going to have to do more than win De Panne to rescue their classics season.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)