Tour of Catalunya - *Spoilers*

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    edited March 2013
    Figure skating on EuroSport2 for anyone waiting for the cycling. very 'Blades of Glory'. (or neighbours on Ch5)
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Think they have 3:48 on the main group
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • danlikesbikes
    Time is dropping as the 2 in the escape are on the main climb down to 3:20 with OPQS on the front of the peloton
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Another one for Meersman perhaps. He'll get over that climb I would think
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Another one for Meersman perhaps. He'll get over that climb I would think

It's a Cat 2 climb 75km from the finish. I think they all will get over it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • danlikesbikes
    Gap is falling to 3'00 but means nothing really as the peloton are only just at the climb I figure
  • danlikesbikes
    Quick clip of yesterdays crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KavTGZdm ... ata_player Eros Capecchi and Alejandro Valverde
  • danlikesbikes
    Getting mixed messages that there might be a 2nd break away, the time seems to have settled at 3'00 to the peloton
  • danlikesbikes
    Carlton, twitter & others to the rescue - only 2 in the break away, had 2 others jump the peloton for the KOM points but are back in the group now. Gap is stable at 3"32
  • danlikesbikes
    Carlton, twitter & others to the rescue - only 2 in the break away, had 2 others jump the peloton for the KOM points but are back in the group now. Gap is stable at 3"32

Edit: chase is on slow but sure at 37.5kms to go and the gap is down to 2:47
  • danlikesbikes
    Peloton have a gallop on now @ 32Kms with 1:43 gap all the teams at the front now as they approach the sprint point
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    RichN95 wrote:
    There are two aspects to most sports: attacking and defending. One is more ostentatious than the other and gets praised while the other is often criticised despite being much harder to master. In reality, in high level sport winning always takes presendence over entertaining, and a solid defence is the key to winning.

Sky are a defensive team. This offends some, just as many of the great sports teams have in the past. Personally as a goalkeeper, I like defences. I admire the teamwork and consistency required. Others prefer the more mercurial individual nature of attacking and that's fair enough. But dismissing one aspect as somehow morally inferior is just ignorant.

(As an aside this is also why people who compare Sky to the old US Postal train have no idea what they're talking about. One was an attacking tactic, the other defensive).
    Spot on. I 100% agree with you.
  • danlikesbikes
    Dan Martin takes the sprint off the front of the peloton
  • alihisgreat
    That 1 second could be handy
  • danlikesbikes
    That 1 second could be handy

Good work from team too as looked like Sky were gunning for it
  • nic_77
    Clever that. 11 secs vs 9 secs could be important when a win bonus is 10 secs.
  • danlikesbikes
    Just checking the final profile & looks like 4 or 5 sharp left then rights in the last few KMS some look like roundabouts so not too bad, but others not so might be hard for the sprint trains to lead it out.

20.7kms to go and 49 s the gap now too
  • danlikesbikes
    16kms and the escape rides site up & look at each other - end of break away gap to 11's now. Primed for someone else to fly off the front
  • alihisgreat
    its like bloody Milton Keynes with all those roundabouts
  • danlikesbikes
    10Kms to go and no one team taking it up, speed at around 55kmh so not hanging around
  • danlikesbikes

easy tiggggger I love flying through them on my bike!
  • danlikesbikes
    2kms to go & wiggo drifts to the front on his own!
  • alihisgreat

easy tiggggger I love flying through them on my bike!

hook-line-and-sinker.gif

all the roundabouts do make it outrageously easy to navigate.. and overtake all the lorries before you hit the single carriageway on the A421.
  • danlikesbikes
    1kms Argos & Cannodale at the front
  • danlikesbikes
    edited March 2013
    samuel dumoulin takes it on the line

Edit: looks like a close sprint finish above TBC
  • danlikesbikes

all the roundabouts do make it outrageously easy to navigate.. and overtake all the lorries before you hit the single carriageway on the A421.

A road that I don;t like in the car let alone my bike, bloody dangerous section of road IMHO
  • danlikesbikes
    Straight into the E3 coverage chapeau Eurosport
  • nic_77
    Not in my coverage. François Parisien (Argos)
  • danlikesbikes
    nic_77 wrote:

Your right he got him on the line, with Dan Martin staying up in 9th in the sprint for the line very impressive covering there to make sure no one out does him on points
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,453
    nic_77 wrote:

Heavyweight.