Paris-Nice 2013 Stage 5 **SPOILER**

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2013 in Pro race
PROFIL-05.png

The wine from the start town is gorgeous.
chat-du-pape-bottle.jpg

Last climb is 14km at 6.5%. Hopefully see some movement. Last time PN came here, someone won.

PROFILKMS.jpg

The pitbull is bullish:
“Tomorrow, we're really going to see,” he said after today’s stage. “We've gone up a lot of climbs but for me, ten or fifteen minutes climbs are hardest. Once it's going over twenty minutes it's better and it's going to be around 35 minutes. Contador climbed it in 34 minutes in 2009 so it's going to be 35 minutes at least for us at 1,600 metres which is pretty high. It's going to me a high time trial for me and we'll see what it means.”
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Every chance of bigger time gaps here than we will see in Sunday's TT. Could be decisive. I just hope I can get a decent live stream going this afternoon!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    vetooo @ammattipyoraily
    Paris-Nice, Stage 5. 160 km to go. Breakaway (4): Hupond, Longo Borghini, Lemoine, Voigt. Peloton: +1.10. #ParisNice
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    DeadCalm wrote:
    vetooo @ammattipyoraily
    Paris-Nice, Stage 5. 160 km to go. Breakaway (4): Hupond, Longo Borghini, Lemoine, Voigt. Peloton: +1.10. #ParisNice

Voigt :)
  • Incidentally, some of the dross with the Chateuneuf label on these days is terrible.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Quintana punctures
  • frenchfighter
    Hivert was in the top ten when the race came here in 2009.

Not sure why he hasn't been picked up by a better team as he appears to have the talent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    The pitbull is bullish:
    “Tomorrow, we're really going to see,” he said after today’s stage. “We've gone up a lot of climbs but for me, ten or fifteen minutes climbs are hardest. Once it's going over twenty minutes it's better and it's going to be around 35 minutes. A beefed up Contador climbed it in 34 minutes in 2009 so it's going to be 40 minutes at least for us at 1,600 metres which is pretty high. It's going to me a high time trial for me and we'll see what it means.”

FIFY 8)
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Hivert was in the top ten when the race came here in 2009.

Not sure why he hasn't been picked up by a better team as he appears to have the talent.

I picked him in PTP yesterday, so he presumably has a much better chance today.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Meersman's abandoned as has Bille (LTB)
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It's a shame Quintana lost so much time yesterday. Would have been nice to see the contenders fully worried about him when he attacks later today.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Meersman's abandoned as has Bille (LTB)
    Or as the official live-ticker rather harshly put it:
    13:04 Two abandons
    Gianni Meersman (OPQ) and Gaetan Bille (LTB) have given up.
    http://www.letour.fr/paris-nice/2013/us/live/aso/
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RonB
    55km to go and Voigt, Hupond, Longo Borghini and Lemoine have around 6 mins on the rest.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    eurosport never manage to get their schedule quite right. Shall we schedule the queen stage of paris-nice to go live first, or the flat stage in tirreno?

tho it may not be eurosport's fault, i begrudgingly guess.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Arghhhhh, where's Hatch gone? Listening to McCrossan is majorly painful.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Turfle wrote:
    eurosport never manage to get their schedule quite right. Shall we schedule the queen stage of paris-nice to go live first, or the flat stage in tirreno?

tho it may not be eurosport's fault, i begrudgingly guess.

Thats an understatement. Their scheduling is woeful. I don't know of any other channel that show such disregard for their programming and their viewers to be honest. I'm greatful that there is a channel that shows Cycling, but they do take the p*ss alot of the time.

I mean, who delays a proper programme by 20 minutes to show a load of crash video's set to dodgy music? It's just plain weird.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    jtl abandoned - for why?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    jtl abandoned - for why?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    it just flashed up on sporza - but as I dont speak dutch :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • frenchfighter
    Big crash. Carrot alert.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    edit
  • Ed_tron
    Ed_tron Posts: 23
    Team Sky twitter says:
    Live coverage is also now under way at #ParisNice. Looks like @theboz91 was just held up by a crash. @J_T_Locke climbed off earlier

Not much info though
  • frenchfighter
    Talansky riding the pocket like an established pro.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Millar the only Brit left in the race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Eurosport player now showing P-N.
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    jtl abandoned - for why?

Because I had him in PTP of course..
  • Talansky riding the pocket like an established pro.

He's got some serious experience helping him at this one Millar and Klier must have 3 decades of top level road experience between them.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Great helicopter shots of the last descent there, glad its not too wet. 16km to go 1:55 the gap.
  • RonB
    Jens Voigt decides to go for it - just before the start of the climb.
  • frenchfighter
    Agreed on the shots of the descent. Looks lovely.

Big Jensie still got it at 40+. Dropped the others like a wet rag and has gone solo with a vengance.
    Contador is the Greatest