World Track Champs (Spoilers!)

Comments

• deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    Becky had that one quite easily. Blazing's probably lost his lunch.
    Mind he doesn't come tumbling down the valley on top of you, boy oh.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • deejay wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Becky had that one quite easily. Blazing's probably lost his lunch.
    Mind he doesn't come tumbling down the valley on top of you, boy oh.

I'm in the ambulance going to hospital in advance of the expected heart attack.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Indeed.

I just made quite a tool of myself in the middle of the custody office.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • The Queen is dead.............long live the Queen. :D
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Top, top performance. Great to see her coming through so strongly after last year :D
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Great performance. First of many I'm sure.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    .. and Becky moves above both France and the USA in the medal table.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    The Queen is dead.............long live the Queen. :D
    The new one is probably going to be less hassle for BC too, less work for Steve Peters lol

She's been the quickest all week so hopefully another tomorrow or is that greedy? Go and have a few drinks BS, I'm sure her old man is. Nice to see Ioan getting screen time too!

Roll on the Commonwealth Games, it must be far better hearing the Welsh anthem and seeing the Welsh dragon on the top flag pole ;)
  • Cervelo T4 seems popular! :shock:
  • I am genuinely amazed at how much passion and excitement is coming out of this thread. It is good to see but I am confused as to why many of these posters are a fraction as vocal and post less when watching some real road racing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    I am genuinely amazed at how much passion and excitement is coming out of this thread. It is good to see but I am confused as to why many of these posters are a fraction as vocal and post less when watching some real road racing.

Maybe seeing a relative or clubmate winning a world title is more exciting than seeing some person you'll never even speak to winning a race?
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    I am genuinely amazed at how much passion and excitement is coming out of this thread. It is good to see but I am confused as to why many of these posters are a fraction as vocal and post less when watching some real road racing.
    Maybe some people are just much more interested in watching track racing than watching road racing (real or otherwise, although I'm not sure quite what 'unreal' road racing is. Pretend road racing?).

I think we're being treated to a very impressive British display in Minsk, without it all going GB's way. How amazing to see these young riders take over and be so dominant so soon after the last Olympics.

Ruth

ps. Becky James - what a gutsy rider, ducking under Shaung Guo like that and generally riding with so much confidence.
  • Pross wrote:

Maybe seeing a relative or clubmate winning a world title is more exciting than seeing some person you'll never even speak to winning a race?

Watching the most exciting road race ever, couldn't come close to the tension and emotion I felt, yesterday.
    Yet, I've always been a roadie.

Besides, there are actually a heck of lot of folks in the UK actually take the opposite view to frenchie.
    Not everyone is cut from the same cloth.

I see that Brendan Gallagher, in the Telegraph has pinched my line. :)

Anyhow, Becky won he Keirin heat, so the dream lives on....
  • I can't believe it.
    The most successful female rider in any world champs! :shock: :D
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Eeeeasy.

What's your connection to her, BS? I can't see it mentioned in the thread anywhere.
  • Turfle wrote:
    Eeeeasy.

What's your connection to her, BS? I can't see it mentioned in the thread anywhere.

I'll pm it.
  • Pross
    Brilliant performances all week and still not at the peak age for a sprinter. never looked in any danger in that final so kept safe from the barging and crash.

Hopefully she'll turn up at the kids training session soon to show off her medals and jerseys :)
  • An excellent champs. I really hope Becky can stay injury free over the next four years! It's nice to know that there is strength in depth on the track. There was a review of the women's TP earlier talk about winning by numbers! Those girls can do it in their sleep, what a machine and they are hardly old giffers!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pross I hear you with regard a personal connection. It goes for all sports. Not everyone on here has even a half-personal interest though.

It sounded like a good meet and I am glad you guys enjoyed it. Photos have been fabulous and I am impressed with the kit. If I can work out who Rebecca James is in the photos I will post some good ones.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross I hear you with regard a personal connection. It goes for all sports. Not everyone on here has even a half-personal interest though.

It sounded like a good meet and I am glad you guys enjoyed it. Photos have been fabulous and I am impressed with the kit. If I can work out who Rebecca James is in the photos I will post some good ones.

I would very much appreciate it, Frenchie. You are certainly the go to man for photos.
  • I may have to post some up for you to identify her first but will do my best!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I think these are all her.

RB4_zps9ac2b213.jpg
    RB3_zps58cf083a.jpg
    RB1_zps85d43f8c.jpg
    RB2_zpsd1cddc34.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • High praise for Becky from the big fella, Shane Sutton

http://www.sportinglife.com/other-sport ... -potential
  • “After the pursuit final, I was just wrecked. I just hit me how hard it was,” Irvine explained. “I couldn’t do a good time, I had completely hollow legs. It was something like 40 minutes before I was up again for the scratch race, and I went into it thinking that it was going to hurt. In fact, I could imagine myself pulling off the track.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I think these are all her.

RB4_zps9ac2b213.jpg
    RB3_zps58cf083a.jpg
    RB1_zps85d43f8c.jpg
    RB2_zpsd1cddc34.jpg

The second picture is absolutely superb. I love the feminine touch of the nail polish offsetting the matching red helmet and mirrored visor of the track warrior machine. Probably one of the most evocative images of women's cycling I've seen in a while.

Chapeau for the find.
    @JaunePeril

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Thanks for the photos FF. did you consider picking out the colour in the Union Jack in the crowd in the last one?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen.

Becky James.....simply superb.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • YP, I like those visor shots also. Have some incredible ones of Hoy and reflections (would post up but my photo site is messed up). The edits are all my takes, the originals are from the British Cycling flickr page. I would highly recommend a look to everyone - there is some very high quality work there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishcycling/ (photos from track start a few pages on)
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Thanks for the photos FF. did you consider picking out the colour in the Union Jack in the crowd in the last one?

I didn't think this time as wanted to pick out the rider but you are right it may have been good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • YP, I like those visor shots also. Have some incredible ones of Hoy and reflections (would post up but my photo site is messed up). The edits are all my takes, the originals are from the British Cycling flickr page. I would highly recommend a look to everyone - there is some very high quality work there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishcycling/ (photos from track start a few pages on)
    Graeme_S wrote:

I didn't think this time as wanted to pick out the rider but you are right it may have been good.

Awesome. Keep up the good work FF.
    @JaunePeril