Your Favourite Car

123457»

Comments

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    Redhog14 wrote:
    My 1978 Lancia Beta HPE 1600 - it has a mustard yellow interior as shown below and was Rosso Corsa on the outside with a black vinyl roof.

Features:
    Oil level indicator inside the car
    Dual air horns which gave that classic Italian Sports Car wheeeeinne noise which I loved
    A super sweet free reving twin cam engine and twin weber carbs which when you gave it the beans you could hear then sucking the air in.
    Total unreliability and the lack of towing eye fixture meant I always had to ensure the AA brought their tow truck as their roadside mechanics never had a clue how to fix it.
    There were a number of Monday mornings where my first call was to the garage in Perth to explain why my car was waiting outside having been dropped off by the AA.

I have never loved a car more than this one and probably never will.

5499895125_1453841c78.jpg
    Lancia-Beta-HPE.jpg
    Horn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPhM3cV4PyU

My mates dad had one of these - I felt the dogs b0ll0cks when in it - the first car I ever went in with electric windows!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    VTech wrote:
    As we are all getting very nostalgic, it doesnt come better than this in terms of looks although to drive it wasnt a nice car.

1990_lamborghini_countach-pic-60645.jpeg
    Something not right there. Has it got some nasty body kit on it or did Lambo go mental towards the end of the Countach line?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Looking much better here:

lamborghini-countach-lp5000s-07.jpg

And is completely stunning in its original form:

Lamborghini_Countach_LP400_02.jpg
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • shoddy
    shoddy Posts: 63
    Top one was the 'anniversary' one they did just before it was replaced by the Diablo.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    They all drove badly, the best by far was the Gallardo for driving, soon to be replaced though im told.
    Living MY dream.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Above very true. I heard the new lambo will be here this summer. Hope i get to drive it before i change jobs.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    What do you do? Spannish car thief?... get away driver? :lol:
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    big props for the Ultima.
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    I had an MGB at uni - it was a babe magnet
    Now i've got a Land Rover Defender and a cardigan