Edge 800 useless for anything it's designed for...

1235»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    VTech wrote:
    [Anyway, the above isnt the issue im interested in anymore, the far greater issue is how many of you have been brainwashed into thinking this is right.

None, as you are simply comparing two entirely different devices and its you who cannot see it. One is designed for a bike; light, compact, adjustable, tracking features, heart rate monitoring, cadence reporting, self contained, water proof. The other is designed at lowest cost with a rubbish GPS, external power supply and unable to cope with being outside a car, recording anything or taking any knocks.
    VTech wrote:
    Its not that I feel sorry for you, I just want to know how its done so I can come and grab your cash whilst you bend over and take it with a smile on your face.

As long as we can watch you being thrown out of a car showroom for demanding that you be given a 4x4 Land Rover for the price of a Smart Car or when you whine about the Smart Car being wrecked as soon as you take it off road..... ;)

I wasnt going to reply again as I was getting bored but youve "pepped me up" again.
    Im not moaning about the price, and I can assure you that ANY car showroom would be glad to see me !!!!!
    Im not moaning about the edge, I used it today for the first time and its a great device, the edge is probably worth the money, I have never made an issue about the edge, its the software updates that do not correlate.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    I used it today for the first time and its a great device, the edge is probably worth the money

Brilliant :roll:
    VTech wrote:
    its the software updates that do not correlate.

Still not sure about these updates, I've had mine for about 18months now and haven't had a single update, let alone one which has cost me money.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • VTech
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    I used it today for the first time and its a great device, the edge is probably worth the money

Brilliant :roll:
    VTech wrote:
    its the software updates that do not correlate.

Still not sure about these updates, I've had mine for about 18months now and haven't had a single update, let alone one which has cost me money.

I do feel like in groundhog day.

1) ive never said the 800 wasnt value
    2) updates is a wrong phrase, im referring to extras, in particular the software extra.

Either way, it really is boring now, you dont agree with me, I dont with you, its not worth fighting over surely ?
    Living MY dream.
  • One last time from me.

The problem is that for the map add on you keep comparing either the wrong prices or a special bundle that you happened to get from Halfords with full RRP for the 800 map add on. The prices for the European maps on the Garmin site are exactly the same for both the road GPS and the 800. So I don't see Garmin ripping off cyclists, do you?

If you shop around the web you can easily find a bundle of the 800 with maps that is less then the full RRP or the map add on alone again for less than RRP in the same way that you happened to get a deal from Halfords that had the European maps included as part of a bundle. I'm sure if you look hard enough you will be able to find 800+European maps for the same price as the RRP of the 800 alone (which is what you got from Halfords for the road GPS). Out of interest which road GPS was it?

Anyway enjoy your 800...
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    It's either "speedking" or the alter ego of the "thebigbee"

Loads of passive agressive there in every post
  • VTech wrote:
    I have never made an issue about the edge, its the software updates that do not correlate.

Who says they have to make sense to you ?

Kindles cost very little, the Kindle books cost a lot.
    Phones are given away for free, but you have to sign an airtime contract for two years.
    Computers are physically cheap, the OS costs too much.
    MS Office costs too much.
    Cars can be cheap but servicing but maintenance never is.

Its called life. Expecting everything to be cheap is just stupid.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    I have never made an issue about the edge, its the software updates that do not correlate.

Who says they have to make sense to you ?

Kindles cost very little, the Kindle books cost a lot.
    Phones are given away for free, but you have to sign an airtime contract for two years.
    Computers are physically cheap, the OS costs too much.
    MS Office costs too much.
    Cars can be cheap but servicing but maintenance never is.

Its called life. Expecting everything to be cheap is just stupid.

If you only knew how funny that was, and its no offence to you either.
    Living MY dream.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Paul E wrote:
    It's either "speedking" or the alter ego of the "thebigbee"

Loads of passive agressive there in every post

Good call