Andy Schleck: Chapeau

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited May 2014 in Pro race
"Why should it always be Jens [Voigt] that is riding [on the front]?" Schleck had told his RadioShack Leopard teammates during the pre-stage meeting. "I can ride as well. Riding in the front in the wind, suffering; that is what makes my shape better and stronger so that's the main goal. I won't hesitate the next day to do the same. I like it. I ride in the front and of course it hurts. Sometimes when I am really hurting, I hope that the guys behind are hurting also. I like to do it and I'm really, really happy to be back in the bunch again in the peloton. It's something different when you can do something like I did today."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/andy-schleck-rediscovering-his-way-at-tour-down-under

Hope he keeps this attitude up. I want to see some racing this year.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    He's doing a hell of a lot of racing! given that he usually does naff all.....

Let's hope he recovers and can provide some drama come july.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Trev The Rev
    Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
    Andy said of Armstrong, ""I believe in his comeback that he was clean."
  • ddraver
    So did Wiggo - you were quick to support him 5 mins ago...
    - @ddraver
  • Trev The Rev
    ddraver wrote:
    So did Wiggo - you were quick to support him 5 mins ago...

Wiggins changed his mind, in his book he said one thing, then he changed his mind only when Armstrong was well and truly caught. Prior to that Wiggins hardly said a word about Armstrong.

Any news on the testimony of Geert Leinders the dodgy doctor employed by Sky? Interesting to see who he implicates.
  • ddraver
    I dunno - start another topic on it maybe...oh
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver, just ignore the brainless k*ob
  • Trev The Rev
    ddraver, just ignore the brainless k*ob

You follow my posts all over the forum just as much as him.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    There appears to be something wrong with my computer. That last post just seems to be a random assortment of characters. It wasn't anything relevant that I'm missing was it?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I'm with Trev here, but I'm happy to keep an open mind
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,609
    ddraver wrote:
    He's doing a hell of a lot of racing! given that he usually does naff all.....

Let's hope he recovers and can provide some drama come july.

That's to make up for missing so much last season.
  • ddraver
    fair enough - I don't mind seeing him, as you know. He's the middle class part of me's Tim Henman....
    - @ddraver
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Andy was saying after stage one he was nervous being in the peloton, maybe this is his way of staying out of trouble. It'd be interesting to see if he would still be at the front if there was a hill to go down.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cura-check.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • cura-check.jpg

There is nothing wrong with appreciating a lady's beauty. Just don't get caught doing it!

DD.
  • Its good to see a bit of fight from a rider, lets hope he keeps it up through the season & it makes for a entertaining year.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Its good to see a bit of fight from a rider, lets hope he keeps it up through the season & it makes for a entertaining year.

Must point out, since this thread he has withdrawn from two races and not started another. :roll:
  • ddraver
    hmmm, you were a bit premature LL..... ;)
    - @ddraver

Must point out, since this thread he has withdrawn from two races and not started another. :roll:

Fell like its all mouth & no trousers :roll:

Could the next rider please step up to the plate and give it some - calling Cadel where are you :lol:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Decent GF:
    tumblr_mgco69qPaF1r19drmo1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tumblr_loq539VhVv1qgytgyo1_500.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • After being here, I am fucking motivated about this Tour,” he said. “I think it’s a hard Tour. If you’re a climber, you can win this Tour.
    — Andy Schleck brings his sound bite A-game to the TdF 2013 route unveiling

tumblr_md9rf8D15o1rs3h6xo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    I got slated on here last year for suggesting he is no longer GC material - I hope he turns it around, but have this feeling he won't.

Even his DS suggested he isn't capable recently.
  • tumblr_loq539VhVv1qgytgyo1_500.gif

S**t me I think I've got photo sensitive epilepsy looking at that pic :shock:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I was discussing with somebody on twitter about whether Andy still has the motivation or desire necessary to win at the top level. I know that what I wanted from my life at 21 was very different to what I wanted from my life at 27, priorities change, you can fall in and out of love with things in that time. Has he fallen out of love with cycling?

I appreciate it's a little early to write him off and that we only have to go back to July 2011 to his incredible ride on the Galibier stage, but since then he has basically done nothing of note on a bike, injuries notwithstanding.

He should be at his absolute peak now, and personally I find it dissapointing that he's not, as he's clearly got the talent to be really challenging Contador in the GT's and the likes of Gilbert in the Ardennes.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516

hate to say I told the board so....
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    cura-check.jpg

Subtly does it (see Tony Martins right hand and the ladies reaction to his right). :D
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    When did he last finish a race, LBL last year?
  • Starting to remind me of Marco Pantani's career curve, post the 1999 Giro.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.