*Tour of Sufferlandria* - Get on those turbos!

1235»

Comments

• markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    Well, unfortunately due to family commitments this weekend I didn't get the tour finished. I managed to finish There Is No Try on Saturday but didn't get Revolver done or Stage 9. Bit of a shame after all the previous rides but there you go. Such is the life of the domestique!

Cheers,
    MarkP
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Is there a way to transfer to date from the tour to the Garmin site? I didnt always turn om my garmin 800 and wouldn't mind being able to add all the rides to my garmin ride history. If nothing else it would be nice to know distance covered etc and average speed.

Will be back on the turbo once my knees have recovered!

cheers
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    bobinski wrote:
    Is there a way to transfer to date from the tour to the Garmin site? I didnt always turn om my garmin 800 and wouldn't mind being able to add all the rides to my garmin ride history. If nothing else it would be nice to know distance covered etc and average speed.

cheers

I expect that you can download from TR and upload to Garmin Connect... this is what I do to get TR files into Strava.
    Simon
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    bobinski wrote:

cheers

I expect that you can download from TR and upload to Garmin Connect... this is what I do to get TR files into Strava.

You are quite right.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    JGSI wrote:

Me neither, but it's the taking part that counts!

I hope they do more things like this - having the time limit to get workouts done was brilliant motivation, I would never have done as much as I did without it.

I can still fell it in my legs to be honest, going to do a 20 min test maybe tomorrow and see where I am, some of the tour workouts were at an NP of around my FTP so I should have improved.
  • markp80
    jotko wrote:
    I hope they do more things like this - having the time limit to get workouts done was brilliant motivation, I would never have done as much as I did without it.

I can still fell it in my legs to be honest, going to do a 20 min test maybe tomorrow and see where I am, some of the tour workouts were at an NP of around my FTP so I should have improved.
    - yes, I've been resting the legs since the weekend but I think I'll do an FTP test this evening ready to get back on the programme next week. I'm half way through the programme anyway, so it's probably a good time to re-baseline.

I had a look at buying a tour poster for the wall. the small ones have been reduced from £14 to £12, but cancelled when I saw the £6 p&p. A bit steep compared to the poster cost I thought!

Cheers,
    MarkP
  • jotko
    jotko Posts: 457
    MarkP80 wrote:
    jotko wrote:

- yes, I've been resting the legs since the weekend but I think I'll do an FTP test this evening ready to get back on the programme next week. I'm half way through the programme anyway, so it's probably a good time to re-baseline.

Just did the 20 FTP minute test, first ride after the tour - http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/203788

I have never pushed it so hard on a bike in my life, that was hardcore!

Super pleased with the result, a massive improvement in FTP, was 204, now 261.

There is no way that increase is entirely down to me getting stronger, I think the massive fan and experience to pace myself has more to do with it, but still, I am more than happy with that.

I think I will re-do the tour with the new FTP now, although one every couple of days rather than every day. I am fully expecting to be unable to finish some of them lol.
  • markp80
    jotko wrote:
    Just did the 20 FTP minute test, first ride after the tour - http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/203788

I have never pushed it so hard on a bike in my life, that was hardcore!

Super pleased with the result, a massive improvement in FTP, was 204, now 261.
    Nice one!
    Just did a test myself and went up from 197 to 211. Delighted with that as 200 has been a target of mine for some time (I was trying to break that barrier when I got 197!)
    It was tough though - I was definitely blowing a bit by the end, HR was through the roof!

Cheers,
    MarkP