If you could ask Lance one question, what would it be?

124»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    "Why don't you just f*** off?"

That'd do me.

He more or less had. We'd barely heard a peep out of him since the whole USADA thing started. It's his prime detractors that keep dragging him back to centre stage.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    RichN95 wrote:

That'd do me.

He more or less had. We'd barely heard a peep out of him since the whole USADA thing started. It's his prime detractors that keep dragging him back to centre stage.

I guess he would start to change his mind when the money starts to dry up, really he should be sued for everything for fraud.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    RichN95 wrote:

That'd do me.

Well obviously I don't actually want him to f*** off, at least not without throwing some big names under the bus first, but I'd relish the opportunity to be gratuitously offensive to him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    When you're home alone and feeling aroused, do you just use a mirror?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Sorry to suggest a semi-sensible question, but...

Do you think it's unfair that Jan Ullrich, who was just as big a doper as you, is generally regarded with a fondness by fans, whilst you are well and truly vilified?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Jez mon wrote:

Do you think it's unfair that Jan Ullrich, who was just as big a doper as you, is generally regarded with a fondness by fans, whilst you are well and truly vilified?

Then if he answered 'yeah it does feel unfair' you could reply 'well it shouldn't, cos whilst you are both cyclists who've doped, one of you has acted like a complete c*** to people for years'.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Id ask 'Every ounce of your fame, your millions of dollars, is all down to drugs and cheating... why don't you give all your money to a proper cancer charity, sod off out of the public limelight and quit grasping at fame that's built on nothing and go work in a Supermarket?'
  • RichN95.
    Where can I rent a minibus cheaply?

And don't say Austin because that's no sodding used to me in Cardiff now, is it?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    If you had to do it all over again, would you still fall in love with yourself?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Jez mon wrote:

Excuse my presumptuousness, but I'll answer that for you, Jeremy:

No.

Ullrich did not:

attempt to rule the World,
    hang out with its leaders,
    hob-nob with the Hollywood Set,
    have a globally recognised charity in his name,
    adopt a symbol of clan membership that one might wear on their person (available in all Nike shops: $1),
    seek the publicity lime-light and stare it right in the face and say "look into my eyes: is this not the face of an honourable man - who has stared into the abyss of oblivion before he has fulfilled his role as a man which is to procreate - and does this man not convey the essence of everything that says to Fate "no - you can't have me yet - I'm not ready!!"?"
    utterly abandon all scruples and have his face be The Face for anyone selling anything that wanted to say to the public: THIS is physical embodiment of all of those things that WE as (delete as appropriate) Americans, survivors, athletes, go-getters, warriors, winners, champions, outsiders, gladiators, etc... stand for.

What Ullrich DID do was be a similarly gifted young cyclist who then took drugs.

But anyway - all that aside... as a cycling fan the main difference was: Armstrong thrashed around ON the bike, whereas as Ullrich was OF the bike.

Armstrong could try for a million years and he'd never look like this on a bike...
    JanUllrich.JPG
  • Or like this on the team bus...

T%2BMobile.jpg
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    RichN95 wrote:

And don't say Austin because that's no sodding used to me in Cardiff now, is it?

Well, that was a waste of Europcar putting millions in to bike racing then...

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • RichN95.
    jerry3571 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Well, that was a waste of Europcar putting millions in to bike racing then...

Jerry

Actually, I did look (they have a branch nearby). They don't seem to do minibuses.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Or like this on the team bus...

T%2BMobile.jpg

So what we're saying is that whilst Jan lazed around getting high on E (iirc) and hanging out in strange pink buses, Lance sold his (very compelling) story, raised his own profile, as well as that of cycling AND raised a while pile of cash for charity??

:lol:

I guess you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain!!!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • no question to armstrong !

he said everything : http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/video/2013/ ... _3242.html

he is a real liar, and now, he has to pay the bill !

:wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Bienvenue Evidence11!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Bienvenue Evidence11!

merci ! :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    In light of our confession, should the ban on Biking Bernie now be lifted?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • In light of our confession, should the ban on Biking Bernie now be lifted?

Only if he is restricted to Lance threads. Couldn't stomach any of his comments on the Nicole Cooke thread. His opinions on women's cycling are pathetic to put it mildly.
  • OK, I might be a bit late and it might have been asked already, but I'd like to know why his performance in 2003 was so bad compared to the other years he won.