If you could ask Lance one question, what would it be?

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Did you survive cancer? Or did cancer survive you? (maybe a little harsh)
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Does Pat spit or swallow?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Have you decided Iain isn't so bad after all?

What did you do to him?

Upset him in ProCycling

Me: Why should i take the relationship with Don Catlin seriously, when at the time I''m writing you have no legal agreement in place with him?

Lance: There's no point in me sitting down with Procycling if these are your readers, because they don't want to read about me and i don't want to talk to them

Then some long ramble about forums being full of wierd people who need to get a life.

Thread from back in the day
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stu517
    Stu517 Posts: 41
    To the nearest million......how much is this all gonna cost you??
  • What's it like to sit down and have a beer with you?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Lance, do you take c0ck from ass to mouth? :shock:
  • Lance, do you take c0ck from ass to mouth? :shock:

Whoa..!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    why do you continue to lie?
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • tailwindhome
    Lance, why didn't they take the thread seriously?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Have you taken any performance enhancing drugs to gain an advantage in any sport other than cycling?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Then some long ramble about forums being full of wierd people who need to get a life.
    He might have a point there.

I'd say he was bang on the money there...

Hey, Lance is right; it's true, I'm as weird as F*ck!!

The realisation is a release for me. Thanks Lance!

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    ddraver wrote:
    How did you stand so long with Shania Twain? Have you not heard the voice on that woman?!?!

Could I have one of those yellow jerseys on that wall in your pic? I mean it's not like you re using them or anything...

Wash your mouth out - how can you confuse Shania with that thing he was with!!??

My question - can I have your left over stash of undetectable gear please?
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    iainf72 wrote:
    Why do they all look like your mum?

S'funny, I thought of that one and you have it there, the third post, good work fella! :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Did it burn you up when you realised that no matter how hard you thrashed Big Jan, and how stupid you make him look, he was still more popular with the ladies?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I want to see him interviewed by Paxman.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Questions for Lance:

#1 - What was the real reason for your relative struggle in the 2003 Tour?

#2 - What does it feel like in the early stages of a crucial climb to know that you are going to dish it out to the opposition and that there's not a hope in hell's chance of them doing anything about it?

#3 - I'm following you on Strava. Why haven't you returned the favour? :D
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Questions for Lance:

#2 - What does it feel like in the early stages of a crucial climb to know that you are going to dish it out to the opposition and that there's not a hope in hell's chance of them doing anything about it?

Are you American? They are far to friendly...
  • Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading west and the other east. The westbound train travels at 85 miles per hour. The eastbound train travels at 95 miles per hour. How long will it take for the two trains to be 252 miles apart?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Snog, Marry, Avoid

Boonen
    Sagan
    Eisel

???
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Questions for Lance:

Are you American? They are far to friendly...

Maybe, but that's what I'd like to know! (#3 was obviously not that serious.) Questions relating to how he felt about what he was doing to other people are a waste of time in my view. If he says he felt bad about it then no-one would believe him and if he said he didn't care then that merely confirms what we all suspect.

#1 is interesting because 2003 was a real anomoly, and I've read elsewhere that due to the heat, Lance couldn't have his regular supplies of blood as the bike panniers weren't cold enough. Thus, was 2003 a battle between approximate equals in terms of doping technology? For all other years, it seems reasonable to assume that Lance had better technology.

#2 is interesting because I just want to know what such a feeling of absolute certainty is like. Assuming he had it of course. Maybe he was always worried that there'd be nothing there when he launched an attack.
  • the 03 Tour...that is an interesting one...
  • the 03 Tour...that is an interesting one...

I'm inclined to believe the dehydration story... he was foaming at the mouth during the first TT and was hardly rubbish for the Alpine stages, he went with Beloki's attack into Gap and finished with the leaders in both Morzine and Alpe D'Huez.

In the Pyrenees he was out alone with Ullrich and then finished with the leaders at Aix 3 Domaines and then turned up the wick on Luz Ardiden. He basically had one bad day.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Ben6899
    Lance, can you spell "sociopath"?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Stolen from Guardian.

Hamilton, Hincape, Landis. Snog, marry, kill?
  • Ben6899
    "How does it make you feel that, through all this, you had the backing of BikeRadar's DDD?"
    Ben

• Lance, has anybody been able to explain to you what the film 'Borat' was actually about?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    A Choad is a penis that is wider than it is long yes?

That's what it was at my school anyway....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Screw Paxman, i want to see Werner Herzog interview Lance.

He did a good job of interviewing death row inmates and even if Lance shoots him he'll probably shrug and tell him 'it's not a significant bullet'.

Anyway, Opera will be entertaining even if it will be a total sham of an interview. Should be ripe for spoofs.
  • apparently Rapha inthe US are throwing a Lance-Oprah party next Thu - if you bring a Liestrong bracelet you can swap it for beer :)
  • apparently Rapha inthe US are throwing a Lance-Oprah party next Thu - if you bring a Liestrong bracelet you can swap it for beer :)

Can you still buy those? And, if so, do they cost less than beer?

I'm asking for a friend.

@gietvangent