My new bike....

Comments

• DSC_0105.jpg

Robs is the black one. You might have to make it a king size Twix.
    BMC SLC01 Cosmic Carbones
    Giant TCR2 Composite
    98 GT Zaskar LE
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/170436
  • Starting to see how the white mud guards came about :wink:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Matt, get back to Road Beginners ;)

More pics, first up the new wheels.

Front
    8206239334_1ee32dc66a.jpg

Rear, build still in progress
    8205149695_f6e1f82e84.jpg

Box of bits ready to go on
    8206242632_cf6b784afb.jpg

It should be with me tomorrow!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    It does look lovely. I'm excited for you. Can only imagine how you must feel.
    Mind you, that would be mitigated somewhat by having to pay for it.
  • Wrath Rob
    In the Velosport now waiting for the final tweets to complete and then the first ride home

Looks fantastic
    8208922274_490fc186b5.jpg
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    love the blue accents on it.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Bike looks fab!

For BB7 fettling tips, search YouTube for Volagi's BB7 set-up videos - really good and really useful

Here's one of the series to get you started http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch0OlelgFaA
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Looks lush
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Go on then tell us how much*. My insurance claim should be in soon then I'm off shopping!

*or PM me if you don't want to post on here.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Wrath Rob
    Got home after a little wait for some fettling. It rides like a dream, or more like a magic carpet, floating over the road. Only spent 5 mins on it as it was getting dark and I had no lights so full report will have to wait for tomorrow. The brakes need to bed in a little, the cassette isn't quite the one I want but the biggest issue is that my Exposure Flare rear light has a red silicone band that clashes with the blue! If I can't find a blue or black replacement I might have to get the silver Lezyne micro light. Pics to follow once I get the wife off the PC
  • veronese68
    If it rides like a dream in that wind imagine how it will be on a nice day.
    Regarding the light won't silver clash with the titanium colour? Wouldn't black be better?
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Doesn't Exposure have a saddle mount for the flare rearlight? You won't even see the red band.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    looks sweet dude.

What you really need to finish it off though is one of these:

Trotify

that'll sort you out
    FCN = 4
  • Wrath Rob
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    looks sweet dude.

Trotify

that'll sort you out
    I am genuinely left speechless my that...
  • Wrath Rob
    Right pics. Unfortunately all were taken indoors, after dark. I only used the flash on 1 so the quality is a little bit, well, poor. I'll be trying to rectify that at the weekend.

Shiny bike
    8209995306_3bbd789c09.jpg

Downtube
    8208907223_64ca538211.jpg

Anti-theft top tube
    8209993974_eaf93cb1cd.jpg

Wheel and brake
    8209994836_09452bda75.jpg

With the other expensive piece of art that I own
    8209995870_18e1b5fb8b.jpg
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    That. Is lovely.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    looks sweet dude.

Trotify

that'll sort you out
    I am genuinely left speechless my that...

+1
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    looks sweet dude.

Trotify

that'll sort you out

Dear Mr Christmas

can i have one of those please

i will even have one of them there clipper clappers too if that comes with the chick
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • That's one lovely bike and I absolutely applaud the discs. Can't quite tell what rotors you are using but I changed mine after a recco from a Volagian (bike shop owner) that had experimented.

Like the big pic too - love that era of racing (obviously)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MY BB7's bedded in in no time, what's the final weight?
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • veronese68
    That is a very lovley bike. Nice bit of art as well. Which circuit?
  • MY BB7's bedded in in no time, what's the final weight?

Brake hard from 20mph 6x to start with
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Which circuit?

I assumed it was a road course/circuit as there's dotted white lines down the middle.
  • Wrath Rob
    First commute this morning and it went very, very well. The ride is fantastic, road buzz and imperfections and filtered away leaving that "floaty" feeling. There's stiffness there too when needed. A couple of brief accelerations were met with a positive response, better than the Comtat. All in all, I'm a very happy bunny.

The pic is from Le Mans. Those 2 cars (Ferrari 250 GTO and Jag D-Type) never actually raced against each other at Le Mans (at least back when both were competing first time around) so its actually 2 separate pics combined into 1. The artist is Dutch and painted it to commission.

The discs are Avid BB7's with 160mm rotors. I'll try giving them the 20-0 hard stops a go and see if that improves things, thanks for the tips.

The build comes in at just under 9kg, before adding lights, bottle cages, Garmin etc.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Absolutely stunning!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Smashing! Really smashing!

* what's an anti-theft top tube?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    I'll try giving them the 20-0 hard stops a go and see if that improves things.

I don't know that it matters much on bike discs but don't quite stop when you brake from 20. It's critical on car (race) brakes when bedding them in but I doubt it matters on bike brakes.

You can expect them to take a short while to bed.

Great picture, anyway!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Great picture, anyway!

Ferrari 250 GTO, right?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    First commute this morning and it went very, very well. The ride is fantastic, road buzz and imperfections and filtered away leaving that "floaty" feeling. There's stiffness there too when needed. A couple of brief accelerations were met with a positive response, better than the Comtat. All in all, I'm a very happy bunny.

The pic is from Le Mans. Those 2 cars (Ferrari 250 GTO and Jag D-Type) never actually raced against each other at Le Mans (at least back when both were competing first time around) so its actually 2 separate pics combined into 1. The artist is Dutch and painted it to commission.

The discs are Avid BB7's with 160mm rotors. I'll try giving them the 20-0 hard stops a go and see if that improves things, thanks for the tips.

The build comes in at just under 9kg, before adding lights, bottle cages, Garmin etc.
    Not sure if I missed the spec on the wheels, but what wheels? BB7s and the Kinesis DC37 is what I'm looking at for my fixed so wondered what you ended up sticking on the front.

Looks lovely, tad jealous.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Wrath Rob
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Smashing! Really smashing!

* what's an anti-theft top tube?
    Thanks. The "Anti-theft" is having my name etched onto it. Slightly harder to shift and easier to spot if it does get nicked.

Duncan, the wheels are hand-builts with Hope CX hubs with Mavic Open Pro CD rims. Went for the CD version of the Open Pro's as you can't see the brake track, its treated and so apears to be the same colour as the rest of the wheel.

Hopefully the weather will be OK at some point over the weekend and I'll get some better snaps taken.