Christmas Drinks

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Asprilla wrote:
    18th is out for me I'm afraid, im having a wanky dinner.
    FTFY
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    FTFY
    More importantly, you coming out to play EKE?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sketchley can you do any other nights? Boff when would you manage as you've scuppered the 19th? Anybody else? Should we go for a Tuesday or Wednesday to get OrigamiJoe along? Asprilla when is good for you?
    If it's Sketchley, Asprilla and me I'd say we should drink in Kingston. CJCP and London Red would probably manage that as well. Roger you could ride over for a chat and watch us deteriorate.
    Sorry - late to the party as usual. I'd be up for a couple of beers in Kingston...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    TGOTB wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sketchley can you do any other nights? Boff when would you manage as you've scuppered the 19th? Anybody else? Should we go for a Tuesday or Wednesday to get OrigamiJoe along? Asprilla when is good for you?
    If it's Sketchley, Asprilla and me I'd say we should drink in Kingston. CJCP and London Red would probably manage that as well. Roger you could ride over for a chat and watch us deteriorate.
    Sorry - late to the party as usual. I'd be up for a couple of beers in Kingston...
    moi aussi
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    FTFY

Good grub and a happy ending, what's not to like?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Asprilla wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    FTFY

Good rub and a happy ending, what's not to like?

FTFY.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Veronese68 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    FTFY
    More importantly, you coming out to play EKE?
    If I can squeeze it into my busy party schedule, I'm well up for it.

And a drink too.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    If I can squeeze it into my busy party schedule, I'm well up for it.

And a drink too.
    Don't suppose you fancy a trip south west? Bloody northerner.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    although I have nothing today from the 18th until the 25th well a family Christmas dinner on the 20th, 25th and another on the 26th but other than that i could make a "special" trip into London on say the 19th.

my revised train service should be back to its normal shite service on the 11th
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    although I have nothing today from the 18th until the 25th well a family Christmas dinner on the 20th, 25th and another on the 26th but other than that i could make a "special" trip into London on say the 19th.

so are we going for the 19th?
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:

so are we going for the 19th?
    I'm game. Or are we having a Kingston splinter group?
  • I will be flying back from dubai (work) on the friday... am down that way too.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    Who's not working on the 19th
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    You.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    You.
    And myself!
  • I'd be up for a drink, but getting myself anywhere north of Chiswick is too much of a drag to be honest.
    Chiswick is the spiritual home of beer in London of course and gets my vote in case there is something to vote for
    left the forum March 2023
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Fullers? :vomit:

The only decent brewery with any heritage disappeared off to Bedford a number of years ago. Sambrooks brew beer worth drinking mind you.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    Right, so the 19th it is. Where do we go? There are a lot of people down this way and it suits me so I vote for Kingston or Richmond. Boff as you have the day off you could see if you can manage 3 laps of the cycling mecca that is Richmond Park. Don't forget to swear at anyone you pass and have blinding lights, I think that is what's expected reading these forums. The Roebuck at the top of Richmond Hill has some good beers on and there are loads of railings opposite you can lock bikes to. Or, there is a very nice pub in Kingston called the Wych Elm. Recently had a refurb and tends to get quite busy though.
    What do we think?
    Otherwise I'm off to the Sussex Arms in Twickenham. Great pub, but very busy.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Right, so the 19th it is. Where do we go? There are a lot of people down this way and it suits me so I vote for Kingston or Richmond. Boff as you have the day off you could see if you can manage 3 laps of the cycling mecca that is Richmond Park. Don't forget to swear at anyone you pass and have blinding lights, I think that is what's expected reading these forums. The Roebuck at the top of Richmond Hill has some good beers on and there are loads of railings opposite you can lock bikes to. Or, there is a very nice pub in Kingston called the Wych Elm. Recently had a refurb and tends to get quite busy though.
    What do we think?
    Otherwise I'm off to the Sussex Arms in Twickenham. Great pub, but very busy.

Roebuck is quite fun, and could go and blind folks with many lumens as you say. not sure it's got that great beer if folks want somewhere with more life/better beer? for my self i'm sure the softies will taste the same heh!
  • I am obviously up for Richmond, as it's a stroll up the hill for me. So one more vote
  • itboffin
    Roebuck is good but what sort of time?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I can do Friday, Richmond works for me. Might even be on the bike.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • menthel wrote:
    Fullers? :vomit:

The only decent brewery with any heritage disappeared off to Bedford a number of years ago. Sambrooks brew beer worth drinking mind you.

For a mainstream brewer I think they make some nice beers, ESB and Porter are the ones I like the most. Oh and 1845 when I can get it.
  • veronese68
    OK, Roebuck sounds like the plan then. Are people going to stop on their way home, say from 6:30?
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    OK, Roebuck sounds like the plan then. Are people going to stop on their way home, say from 6:30?

OK
  • itboffin
    6.30 am right?
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    I may well be up for it too, the Roebuck is handy but Kingston or Twickenham would also be OK for me
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    6.30 am right?
    I thought you'd want time to get some laps in first.
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    6.30 am right?
    I thought you'd want time to get some laps in first.

yes of course i meant the day before, but seriously if no one going to be there until 6.30pm i'm unlikely to attend
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    but seriously if no one going to be there until 6.30pm i'm unlikely to attend
    I can be there at 6 if I go straight from work rather than stopping off at home on the way.