Are we having them this year?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sure. When and where? Cheers for organising ;)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Excellent! Don't mind if I do :)
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Rude not to, now you've asked.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I'll have a Babycham, ta.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm an analyst not a project manager; that makes me an expert in the subject of drinking but unable to organise a piss-up in a brewery. I got married so that someone else could organise my social calendar.

However, I'm assuming for the London folks that its going to be in The Morpeth and we need to come up with dates.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Project manager? This sounds like a project that needs managing. I'm in if you hadn't guessed. I think the traditional thing is to have a vote on dates and when there is no obvious consensus pick the date that suits you best. I think Boff should be pressed into contacting the Morpeth for available dates as I think he may have contact details.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I'm in... Depending on the date... Asprilla, you started the thread, you should add a date thingumy so we can start by voting for which date we prefer....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    The clever chaps over on ProRace used doodle http://www.doodle.com when organising drinks recently.

Seems like a handy tool.

Edit: And I'd be in too, depending on dates.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I really should make the effort to introduce myself and if its the Morpeth (Millbank) and it is only a stones throw away from where I work!

WIll have to get a T-Shirt made with my avatar and user name made up...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I'm not a project manager, I'm a consultant. I come up with solutions, and let other people implement.

So 6pm, Friday 21st December, Morpeth Arms?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Sounds good to me. I'm in.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've had a few emails from the Morpeth re Xmas arrangements this year in fact since Oct would you believe, so are peeps interested in another party?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    itboffin wrote:
    I've had a few emails from the Morpeth re Xmas arrangements this year in fact since Oct would you believe, so are peeps interested in another party?
    I reckon so. Could you find out if any dates work best for them? I reckon that little room at the back like last year would be ok if we won't get the numbers for upstairs.
  • I'm in if they have a secure bicycle parking facility :)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    At the moment I can do any day that last week before Christmas (w/c 17th) except the Friday.

In addition, anybody fancy a South East London drink? Its a lot handier for the drunken ride home.
  • FoldingJoe
    I'd be up for a SE London drink.

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Headhuunter
    FoldingJoe wrote:

Ooh, controversial. Breakaway SE London drinks...
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    FoldingJoe wrote:

I wasn't proposing a breakaway as such, just an additional drink somewhere actually on my way home rather than the other side of London. I should be able to make the Morpeth one, depending on dates.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Whilst I am from south (SW) London are you mental SE London ....by choice? :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    BigMat wrote:
    FoldingJoe wrote:

I wasn't proposing a breakaway as such, just an additional drink somewhere actually on my way home rather than the other side of London. I should be able to make the Morpeth one, depending on dates.

SE London would be good for me (in addition to the Morpeth)... We had a SE London drinks at the Royal Albert in New Cross almost 2 years ago but it was never repeated!
  • FoldingJoe
    itboffin wrote:
    Whilst I am from south (SW) London are you mental SE London ....by choice? :shock:

May I refer the right honourable gentleman to rule #5 in his signature. ;)

• daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

May I refer the right honourable gentleman to rule #5 in his signature. ;)

The last time I rode through SE after a Friday night shandy I was pelted with eggs by an unseen assailant, and rode past the scene of a fatal RTA.

Still be up for a drink though :-)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I can't make:

Friday 14th - headed north for the Christmas pub crawl.
    Friday 21st - flying to Germany for the holidays.

Any other day in December and you should be graced with my presence.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cyclingprop
    I could do SE too.
  • FoldingJoe
    For those of us extending the main drinks to the SE; how does Greewich\Blackheath sound, or somewhere a little more trackside, like New Cross again (although I didn't do the last ones)?

• cyclingprop
    New cross would be perfect for me please.
  • Headhuunter
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    For those of us extending the main drinks to the SE; how does Greewich\Blackheath sound, or somewhere a little more trackside, like New Cross again (although I didn't do the last ones)?
    new cross is on my way home but Greenwich and blackheath aren't a million miles away so I'm easy...
  • FoldingJoe
    Just thinking of somewhere where we could rock up with the bikes and not worry too much about them.

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    For those of us extending the main drinks to the SE; how does Greewich\Blackheath sound,

Like Beirut, Gaza, Athens or anywhere else sh1t and on fire

I'm in for morpeth, not my team drinks day, that I can't remember the date of, but apart from that....

animal-house-posters%255B1%255D.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Headhuunter
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Just thinking of somewhere where we could rock up with the bikes and not worry too much about them.
    Last time we went to the royal Albert in new cross, there are railings outside.... Otherwise there's the gypsy moth in Greenwich, I think there are railings and/or racks there. Not sure about a suitable location in blackheath...