Christmas Drinks

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Its blocked from the corporate tinterweb. Don't know why people can't just do a thread that they add their name and preferred date to here.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Why cant someone say, I'm going to X pub on X date and those that wish to join me, I look forward to it.

The rest of you, as you were.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    Why cant someone say, I'm going to X pub on X date and those that wish to join me, I look forward to it.

The rest of you, as you were.

Good idea.

I'm going to The White Swan, tomorrow and those that wish to join me, I look forward to it.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,683
    White Swan in Twickenham? A shadow of it's former self. I'll be in the Sussex Arms tonight. I know it's short notice, but, 18 hand pumps and music played on vinyl.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    White Swan in Twickenham? A shadow of it's former self. I'll be in the Sussex Arms tonight. I know it's short notice, but, 18 hand pumps and music played on vinyl.

Oh no, I mean the White Swan in Stokesley, just behind the bin wagon (about 250 miles from you). Sussex Arms looks good though. One day I'll meet you there for a beer......
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Oh no, I mean the White Swan in Stokesley, just behind the bin wagon (about 250 miles from you). Sussex Arms looks good though. One day I'll meet you there for a beer......
    If you leave now you might make it in time to see me fall out the door.
    Enjoy. :D
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Nice Camra pub. :D

I shall be here tonight. God knows why. Look forward to seeing you all.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/comedy-night-oct-30-456680.aspx

As for formal Christmas drinks - where is Boffin get to with the 'peth?
  • veronese68
    Vermin, maybe we should go to a pub to do the wheel hand over and anyone else can join us if they fancy.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Vermin, maybe we should go to a pub to do the wheel hand over and anyone else can join us if they fancy.

Yep. I've had the nod on the wheel, so that would be good. However, I do need a decent attendance to show off my tarty new bike.
  • veronese68
    vermin wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yep. I've had the nod on the wheel, so that would be good. However, I do need a decent attendance to show off my tarty new bike.
    You floozy.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,533
    So, what's the deal?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sketchley wrote:
    I'm not a project manager, I'm a consultant. I come up with solutions, and let other people implement.

So 6pm, Friday 21st December, Morpeth Arms?

Bump
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Veronese68 wrote:

Interesting, tell me next time your going sounds like my kind of place.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • veronese68
    Sketchley wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Interesting, tell me next time your going sounds like my kind of place.....
    You'd definitely like it. Unfortunately I don't get there often enough, another SCR outing perhaps. Got drunk enough to think walking home was a good idea. Oops.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sketchley wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    I'm not a project manager, I'm a consultant. I come up with solutions, and let other people implement.

So 6pm, Friday 21st December, Morpeth Arms?

Bump

Yeah go on then, 21st I should be able to make.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyclingprop
    Sounds good. Will be on foot though.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    +1 for on foot. Multi-beerage plus cycling = Deck-ember
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll get a train up.

Not if its SWT or FGW you wont, you only have to whisper rain,wind or snow to them and everything comes to a halt
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll get a train up.

Not if its SWT or FGW you wont, you only have to whisper rain,wind or snow to them and everything comes to a halt
    Only from Kingston so shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately I can barely pull a brake sober so with added lubrication it could be a problem.
    You coming for a swift half?
  • itboffin
    How dare you, I never drink halves
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Sounds good.
  • itboffin
    17:30 last man in buys the round
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    itboffin wrote:

Surely every person that turns up is the last man in at that moment... ah, I see how this works.

Boffin arrives at 5.15
    5.20 Veronese turns up, Boffin says "Last man! Mine's a Doom Bar"
    5.25 CC turns up, Boffin says "Last man! Mine's a Doom Bar"

repeat throughout night.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    dhope wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Surely every person that turns up is the last man in at that moment... ah, I see how this works.

Boffin arrives at 5.15
    5.20 Veronese turns up, Boffin says "Last man! Mine's a Doom Bar"
    5.25 CC turns up, Boffin says "Last man! Mine's a Doom Bar"

repeat throughout night.
    5:20! Chance'd be a fine thing. Leave work at 5:30, avoid going to shite pub around Feltham. Home at 6 to dump car and change, train to Vauxhall then a leisurely stroll over the bridge to find Boff face down in the carpet at 7:30.
    There's a plan.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm going for an Xmas drink at midday today and am currently lining my stomach.

Going here: pub

If anyone isn't being dragged shopping or such, I'll see you for a pint.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    rubertoe wrote:
    I'm going for an Xmas drink at midday today and am currently lining my stomach.

Going here: pub

If anyone isn't being dragged shopping or such, I'll see you for a pint.

That pub is the only reason you'd ever get me near Kentish Town. :shock:

Tis very good though, the pork baps are most excellent for making you more thirsty! :D

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    For those of us extending the main drinks to the SE; how does Greewich\Blackheath sound, or somewhere a little more trackside, like New Cross again (although I didn't do the last ones)?
    new cross is on my way home but Greenwich and blackheath aren't a million miles away so I'm easy...

+1
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    navt wrote:
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    For those of us extending the main drinks to the SE; how does Greewich\Blackheath sound, or somewhere a little more trackside, like New Cross again (although I didn't do the last ones)?
    new cross is on my way home but Greenwich and blackheath aren't a million miles away so I'm easy...

+1

Forgot about the possible SE drinks. I'm possibly free next Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday if anyone fancies a pint or two round New Cross / Dulwich / Greenwich etc.
  • cyclingprop
    BigMat wrote:
    navt wrote:
    FoldingJoe wrote:

+1

Forgot about the possible SE drinks. I'm possibly free next Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday if anyone fancies a pint or two round New Cross / Dulwich / Greenwich etc.

Weds or Thurs, NX or Greenwich best for me (Dulwich is nice but a bit more of a pig to get to). Werk do on Tues.