Wiggo hit by van

Comments

• Also, I hope he was wearing a helmet.... Maybe we should be wearing rib helmets in the future
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Bike lover and man breast cultivator extraordinaire Eamon Holmes tweeted 'Isn't it about time we respected everyone's journey on the road?'. The same man who tweeted “Big tailbacks on A3 and A3 approaches to M25 and in other direction to Wimbledon. Due to flamin Olympic bikes. Keep sport in a stadium.” and many other pro cycling tweets.

Can you retweet his earlier tweets to him?
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Mr Greedy impersonator extraordinaire Eamon Holmes tweeted 'Isn't it about time we respected everyone's journey on the road?'. The same man who tweeted “Big tailbacks on A3 and A3 approaches to M25 and in other direction to Wimbledon. Due to flamin Olympic bikes. Keep sport in a stadium.” and many other pro cycling tweets.

Fixed that for you.
  • if there is any silver lining about Bradders accident, its that the Sun absolutely loves him - if they can take on at least a little of raising awareness of cyclists on the road, the Sun is read by evey WVM in the country. And with Bradders popularity at the moment, maybe even some of those d*ckheads might take it in a little
  • pb21 wrote:

can't look - I'll only end up throwing my coffee across the room :evil:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    pb21 wrote:

There's no reasoning with these people... it is scary what thoughts go through peoples heads though.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    There's no reasoning with these people... it is scary what thoughts go through peoples heads though.

They should be removed from the gene pool TBH.
  • ddraver wrote:
    Twitter Taliban dancing on his hospital bed already...

Said it before and I'm saying it again...there's something wrong in the head with those people
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    The star was on a ride followed by his support team. He was sent flying by the impact and his pals raced to his aid.

A source said: “They were following him in a van and they helped him out after the crash."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ident.html
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Daily Mail wrote:
    Driver 'upset' as police say: 'Do you know who you have hit?'
    Yeah, that's not just any old scumbag cyclist you've knocked over, that's a famous person. We can't just ignore this like we usually would, we're going to have to fill in reams of paper work now!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    pb21 wrote:

Notice in the corner of one of the photos of the wing mirror debris that there's a fag butt...

The Mail have missed a trick there...
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Hope they've shot the insert films for SPOTY - that'll be tedious for him with smashed ribs. As RR said, and perhaps by the time SPOTY's broadcast, there'll be some decent media coverage of road safety for cyclists and driving standards (especially now there's a few colomn inches freed up after the US elections) that moves the conversation on from the usual polarised stances (opposite to what Twitter, etc, sometimes seems to do).
  • Having my ribs broken by a car turning into a petrol station is probably the only thing mine and Wiggin's season have in common...

I note Mrs. Wiggins sense of humour bypass was a complete success.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Hope they've shot the insert films for SPOTY - that'll be tedious for him with smashed ribs. As RR said, and perhaps by the time SPOTY's broadcast, there'll be some decent media coverage of road safety for cyclists and driving standards (especially now there's a few colomn inches freed up after the US elections) that moves the conversation on from the usual polarised stances (opposite to what Twitter, etc, sometimes seems to do).
    Why would it. It'll be forgotten in a few hours outside of forums like this.
    This probably belongs in commuting. I travel about 10 miles across London each day, Stoke Newington to Wandsworth for those that know London. Some days by bike, some by car. I witness the most appalling cycling and driving, and the quality of the typical Boris Biker is beyond understandable. I don't deny I have my moments too. The problem is the whole share the road thing, it just doesn't work. The biggest surprise for me is that more cyclists are not killed. It seems to me sides have already been taken and I don't see any solution beyond we just go along as we do now.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    edited November 2012
    In my unending fight with the Daily Mail readers - I have posted the following in the paper's comments.

"The problem with many car drivers - is I see them jump red lights - drive up on pavements and in bus lanes and have music blaring out of their car stereo (when they are already in a bublle that excludes most of the road noise). They weave in and out of one traffic jam to the next without due car and attention for other drivers and road users - they kill and get killed far too often.

Given that car drivers die the most frequently I feel there should be a law forcing them to wear crash helmets in the car - this will also have an added benefit of saving people who "forget" to put their seatbelts on from being killed when they go through a windscreen.

Also as a top rate tax payer - I am paying for all these roads (as every idiot knows that VED (read Road Tax if you are an ultra moron) does not pay for the road infrastructure. Therefore I suggest that unless you are a high rate tax payer you should not be allowed to drive on the road".

:D
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    "He said he thought he had broken his ribs and while a lot of police cars arrived it was about 15 minutes before the ambulance got there by which time he was blue."

Sky: never to miss a branding opportunity.

I'm glad he's OK.
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    if there is any silver lining about Bradders accident, its that the Sun absolutely loves him - if they can take on at least a little of raising awareness of cyclists on the road, the Sun is read by evey WVM in the country. And with Bradders popularity at the moment, maybe even some of those d*ckheads might take it in a little

Lets hope so. Although expecting the Sun to take up cyclists safety is a long shot.

Oh and they love 'Bradders' at the moment.
  • hipshot wrote:
    if there is any silver lining about Bradders accident, its that the Sun absolutely loves him - if they can take on at least a little of raising awareness of cyclists on the road, the Sun is read by evey WVM in the country. And with Bradders popularity at the moment, maybe even some of those d*ckheads might take it in a little

Lets hope so. Although expecting the Sun to take up cyclists safety is a long shot.

Oh and they love 'Bradders' at the moment.

Fair comment
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    BBC reporting that he has broken some ribs.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I note Mrs. Wiggins sense of humour bypass was a complete success.

Really - your husband and father of your children is hospitalised and you have a sense of humour bypass? I've been involved in a situation where someone was hospitalised and twitter is very quick to spread falsehoods and wrong information.
  • Are you sure it is not just a way for him to get out of book signings?
  • Talking of the book...I picked it up this morning. Quick flick through - his take on Mr Froome during the Tour is verrrrry interesting....
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Jeremy 'Feckwit' Vine on Radio 2 has just said, "The driver of the van wasn't arrested, so are we to assume from that that Wiggins was at fault?"

Ignorant ba$tard! Drivers don't get arrested at the scene of an accident unless it's on suspicion of causing death/drink-driving or something similarly serious.
  • skylla
    Talking of the book...I picked it up this morning. Quick flick through - his take on Mr Froome during the Tour is verrrrry interesting....

oooooh, spoilers please!!
  • skylla
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Jeremy 'Feckwit' Vine on Radio 2 has just said, "The driver of the van wasn't arrested, so are we to assume from that that Wiggins was at fault?"

Ignorant ba$tard! Drivers don't get arrested at the scene of an accident unless it's on suspicion of causing death/drink-driving or something similarly serious.

wasn't a van either.
  • TMR
    I've posted 3 comments on the DM and they haven't been approved. They weren't even that bad :(
  • TMR
    skylla wrote:
    wasn't a van either.

Err...the DM seem to think it was?

article-2229533-15E96241000005DC-223_634x413.jpg