Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Watching the tool in a BMW slow down for the average speed camera then go racing off again. Maybe someone should explain the meaning of average to him at some point, no need to get into the difference between mean, median and mode.

Err... wrong thread mate.
    Err no, it made me laugh which means it cheered me up.
    I was going to suggest wrong thread but I double checked and could see that it might cheer you up. Pinno's a bit of a racist, bigoted, sexist, misogynistic, xenophobe.

FTFY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    This amused me...as I went to the kitchen for some scissors to remove the packaging :D

58223538-40BD-4135-A1DB-45AB8C811E01.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Casual sexism,
    Did you mean to add the 'ism''?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Take either or.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Where is the resident PCP? Preparing to stick pins in a couple of Voodoo dolls - one slap head doll with a kilt and one doll with a bowler hat?
  • That's dollist that is...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Pinno wrote:
    Where is the resident PCP? Preparing to stick pins in a couple of Voodoo dolls - one slap head doll with a kilt and one doll with a bowler hat?
    Growing dreadlocks?

ba6f8e111ea79eff3ba5f5a15000218d7b62d1f7be0af119ada02fd7952ab685.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    My dad saying how great he feels after riding the bike my brothers and I bought him for Christmas/retirement

Gay/10
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Sunny day and I'm just off out for a jog after 3 days' hard work. If I had time to go out on my bike, it would be even better, but beggars can't be choosers.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Friday today which means the weekend in a few hours time!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Last day of the County Championship with a chance of 3 different winners and relegation candidates
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Tashman wrote:
    Last day of the County Championship with a chance of 3 different winners and relegation candidates
    Moved away from the South West years ago, don't follow cricket a lot these days, but nostalgia for the times I used to cycle to Taunton (2 hours each way) as a lad to watch Richards and co... I would be very chuffed if Somerset do it.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    bompington wrote:
    Tashman wrote:
    Moved away from the South West years ago, don't follow cricket a lot these days, but nostalgia for the times I used to cycle to Taunton (2 hours each way) as a lad to watch Richards and co... I would be very chuffed if Somerset do it.
    Hampshire fan exiled in Sussex. Used to love the Cricket week at Basingstoke seeing Malcolm Marshall steaming in on the same ground i played at occasionally (bowling dibbly dobbly off-spin, not quite the same pace) Really hoping we can force a win and stay up
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Hitting the bin with some screwed up paper from across the office.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    figbat wrote:
    But you really score if you do it without looking
  • pinno
    bompington wrote:
    figbat wrote:
    But you really score if you do it without looking

All you need is a rolling pin and you got yourself a game of cricket. This was one office game, I used to love. It was 25 runs if you hit the clock on the wall but you were declared out.

I have fond memories of Essex at the 'Spitfire ground' at Chelmsford.
    Remember Jeff Thomson? I watched Essex play Australia in a 1 day. The same day Boris Becker won Wimbledon for the first time. Thomson put his foot over the line a few times and every single time he ran up the crowd shouted 'No ball'.
    That day, one drunken mad dog was sat in the back of an ambulance. He was the colour of a lobster and the paramedics were treating him. I've not seen anything like that except the large bloke from Melbourne who left the youth hostel in shirt and vest in San Sebastian and came back late a very different colour...

But that's another story and these are things that cheered me up.
  • Finding people still talk about cricket.
  • Making a pint of squash and getting the cordial/water balance exactly right.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Sunflowers :)
  • pinno
    Sunflowers :)

Aaah, bless.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Sunflowers :)

Aaah, bless.
    Loads of guys do this in our village. Yep, it's great.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Daisy chains
  • Making a pint of squash and getting the cordial/water balance exactly right.
    k

Lmco ! You wouldn't think it'd be soooo hard to do would you ? I suppose that's what makes it so special when you get the ratio spot on.
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • Sort of cheered me up, probably more bemused.
    Charge Bikes website
    chargebikes_zpsqudereay.jpg
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Finding out there are regular riders who still wear pants under their shorts.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    A nice Sunday dinner followed by a good hours kip on the settee while my wife and daughter watch the X Factor...... time perfectly spent!!
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    crispybug2 wrote:
    A nice Sunday dinner followed by a good hours kip on the settee while my wife and daughter do the washing and clearing up...... time perfectly spent!!

FTFY
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    drlodge wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:
    A nice Sunday dinner followed by a good hours kip on the settee while my wife and daughter do the washing and clearing up...... time perfectly spent!!

FTFY

They did that before they watched the X Factor........so there!!
  • crispybug2 wrote:
    drlodge wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

FTFY

They did that before they watched the X Factor........so there!!

As punishments go for watching the X-factor they got off quite lightly.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Beltaine wrote:
    Making a pint of squash and getting the cordial/water balance exactly right.
    k

Lmco ! You wouldn't think it'd be soooo hard to do would you ? I suppose that's what makes it so special when you get the ratio spot on.

Even more tricky with those new fangled double concentrate squashes.