• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086

He's not the fat kid that gets picked last 😂

Dodgy knees though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Stevo_666 said:

Last day of train journeys for the first half of the year and so far I’ve only had one week which has not had at least one delay or cancellation.

Remarkably bad.

(Typed on a delayed train, naturally)

Honestly you need to either accept that is what the train service is or change your dependance upon them.

Options would be to change where you live or work or stay over in Town to reduce your journeys.

I would also ask a trusted friend or colleague to give you an honest answer to whether you have become the guy who bores everybody about his train travails
    Nah I just bore you lot ;).

Plenty of people also take trains; there's just a general knowing nod when they come in late and flustered.

I will never accept regular delays on train services, especially given the price, and for as long as I use them I will use whatever means necessary to both moan and formally complain to them ;)
    And we subsidise that train for you.
    Out of interest, any idea to what extent?
    Total rail industry income in 2020-21 was £20.7 billion, a 2.4% increase from 2019-20. This consisted of £16.9 billion from government funding, £2.5 billion from passengers (£1.8 billion of fares and £0.6 billion of other train operator income), and £1.3 billion from other sources.

that is distorted by covid so I reckon it is in the ballpark of us paying half of your fare.

A an optimist I see it as a positive that you get longer on the train for the same cost
    :smile:

Given we're subbing Ricks transport, should we be moaning on his behalf?
    I love trains so I would see it as a plus point that I got to spend longer on it.

@rick_chasey as we are paying for it can you give us more details about the presence of aircon and wifi.

For the journeys I am paying for could you sit by the window (non sunny side) with a seat back table
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    Pross said:

Made myself a mug of coffee, got back to my desk and for some reason lost my grip on it resulting in half a mug of scolding coffee down the front of me. It's very hard to run your stomach under cold water, tried my best by filling a measuring jig numerous times. Skin is red and a bit sore but no worse than slight sunburn so hopefully it won't blister. At least I was only wearing a running t shirt rather than a decent top. The more worrying thing is wondering why I lost frip on the mug, hopefully just a one off lapse of concentration and not a sign of my advancing age.

I'm more worried that it seems to have affected your ability to avoid typos.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598

Stevo_666 said:

Last day of train journeys for the first half of the year and so far I’ve only had one week which has not had at least one delay or cancellation.

Remarkably bad.

Honestly you need to either accept that is what the train service is or change your dependance upon them.

Options would be to change where you live or work or stay over in Town to reduce your journeys.

I would also ask a trusted friend or colleague to give you an honest answer to whether you have become the guy who bores everybody about his train travails

Plenty of people also take trains; there's just a general knowing nod when they come in late and flustered.

I will never accept regular delays on train services, especially given the price, and for as long as I use them I will use whatever means necessary to both moan and formally complain to them ;)
    Total rail industry income in 2020-21 was £20.7 billion, a 2.4% increase from 2019-20. This consisted of £16.9 billion from government funding, £2.5 billion from passengers (£1.8 billion of fares and £0.6 billion of other train operator income), and £1.3 billion from other sources.

that is distorted by covid so I reckon it is in the ballpark of us paying half of your fare.

A an optimist I see it as a positive that you get longer on the train for the same cost

I love trains so I would see it as a plus point that I got to spend longer on it.

@rick_chasey as we are paying for it can you give us more details about the presence of aircon and wifi.

For the journeys I am paying for could you sit by the window (non sunny side) with a seat back table
    :D

Rick should look on the bright side, at least he's not taking the bus to work.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148

Pross said:

Made myself a mug of coffee, got back to my desk and for some reason lost my grip on it resulting in half a mug of scolding coffee down the front of me. It's very hard to run your stomach under cold water, tried my best by filling a measuring jig numerous times. Skin is red and a bit sore but no worse than slight sunburn so hopefully it won't blister. At least I was only wearing a running t shirt rather than a decent top. The more worrying thing is wondering why I lost frip on the mug, hopefully just a one off lapse of concentration and not a sign of my advancing age.

I'm more worried that it seems to have affected your ability to avoid typos.
    Definitely an age issue then!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    The newly announced Zwift Racing Score.

It's the biggest load of ranking testicles I've ever come across.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    edited June 2023

You've seen many ranking testicles have you?
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    pinno said:

Yes, yes I have.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno

pinno said:

Yes, yes I have.
    I see.
    I bow to your greater experience.
    In the light of this, I contacted a friend who has a similar level of knowledge of ranking testicles and I asked what 'what do these ranking testicles look like?' and he sent me this photgraph:

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    If you were a Zwift racer, chances are you would be trivially annoyed too. ;)

It's like the Racing Score assigned to each racer, which is supposed to show the relative rider strength/ability, has been done via a popular raffle draw.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno

If you were a Zwift racer, chances are you would be trivially annoyed too. ;)

It's like the Racing Score assigned to each racer, which is supposed to show the relative rider strength/ability, has been done via a popular raffle draw.

I'm not. Phew!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Stevo_666 said:

Remarkably bad.

We're?

You're an outsider as well now.

From Kent 🫢
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Yes, yes I have.
    I see.
    I bow to your greater experience.
    In the light of this, I contacted a friend who has a similar level of knowledge of ranking testicles and I asked what 'what do these ranking testicles look like?' and he sent me this photgraph:

Outside of HMQ's funeral or HMK's coronation, there are possibly more prime ministers in that shot than any other.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    When applying a repair patch to a camping mat, there is no indication of which side to glue. I'm 99% sure I need to glue the rough side, but that is that not confirmed in the instructions.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

When applying a repair patch to a camping mat, there is no indication of which side to glue. I'm 99% sure I need to glue the rough side, but that is that not confirmed in the instructions.

Ask on UKCLIMBING/UKWalking someone will know on there.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Remarkably bad.

We're?

You're an outsider as well now.

From Kent 🫢
    Feel free to moan on my behalf :smile: Although I'm doing park and ride (the bike) more often than not.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Love not being able to plan my journeys till the morning of.

• rick_chasey
    Why does signing into Microsoft authenticator require me to use Microsoft authenticator to let me sign in to use Microsoft authenticator to let me read my work emails.

Catch 22
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    The joys of large running events:

People running whilst live streaming with their phone on a selfie stick

People getting to their pen late then pushing their way to the front

People who were obviously overly optimistic with their expected finish time and then block the road running at a slower pace.

I should probably avoid the large events to be fair!
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,027
    Pross said:

The joys of large running events:

People running whilst live streaming with their phone on a selfie stick

People getting to their pen late then pushing their way to the front

People who were obviously overly optimistic with their expected finish time and then block the road running at a slower pace.

I should probably avoid the large events to be fair!

School sports days can be like that…
  • rick_chasey

Remarkably bad.

I find it remarkable that it would cost to take someone to London roughly 40 weeks a year, 3 times a week well over £9-11k, but maybe I lack imagination.
  • surrey_commuter

Remarkably bad.

I find it remarkable that it would cost to take someone to London roughly 40 weeks a year, 3 times a week well over £9-11k, but maybe I lack imagination.
    Is that what you are paying or is that with our contribution?
  • surrey_commuter

Love not being able to plan my journeys till the morning of.

Move house
    move job
    revisit travel options
  • rick_chasey

Is that what you are paying or is that with our contribution?

combination of ticket price and apparent tax contribution.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Numan.com advert with action man type doll abseiling down the building.
    Now, my annoyance fits the nerdy criteria but is nonetheless valid.
    The abseiling rope is fed straight through a carabiner.
    Not only would this lead to inevitable death, it would be preceded by a very mangled hand.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    And at one point, the doll raises his ‘would be mangled’ hand meaning nothing is holding him up.
  • pinno
    morstar said:

Numan.com advert with action man type doll abseiling down the building.
    Now, my annoyance fits the nerdy criteria but is nonetheless valid.
    hand.

No it is not.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    Twitter links. They're behind a login wall, so are no longer accessible.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511

Twitter links. They're behind a login wall, so are no longer accessible.

That really will be the death knell of Twitter if that's so and stays. It's like having shop and not letting new customers in without buying something unseen first.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 3,536
    It's one way of making sure you're a business studies case study.