Bradley wiggins - A year in yellow

1235»

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Brailsford's "I'm a bit lonely. No wait... I'm a bit of a loner. Loner. That's what I meant" was pure Partridge.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    afx237vi wrote:
    Brailsford's "I'm a bit lonely. No wait... I'm a bit of a loner. Loner. That's what I meant" was pure Partridge.

Yep - by far the funniest moment... that and: the inordinately long pause Brailsford made when asked to describe what he thought of wiggins; and Cath Wiggins wrestling with the word "twat"... loads of comedy Gold.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    I loved how uncomfortable Wiggins looked when the school kids were singing to him, that was TV gold.

+1.
    Although footage of Sutton's ironing style comes pretty close.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Christian Prudhomme also said something about earning the yellow jersey taking blood, toil and sweet. Yeah, lots of blood. Sometimes even someone else's!
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    I loved how uncomfortable Wiggins looked when the school kids were singing to him, that was TV gold.

+1.
    Although footage of Sutton's ironing style comes pretty close.

I had to fast forward through the kids singing. I was cringing so hard I could barely work the remote.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I could nt help but think it was better than the god bothering crap we had to sing at school!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Finished watching this today. it was good, but not as good as it could have been. More gritty 'behind the scenes' material needed. More footage of his interaction with team mates and at team meetings.

It's been sanitised too heavily.

Worth a watch though.

Oh, and it's changed my opinion of him (for the better) slightly.
  • Finished watching this today. it was good, but not as good as it could have been. More gritty 'behind the scenes' material needed. More footage of his interaction with team mates and at team meetings.
    It's been sanitised too heavily.

Worth a watch though.

Oh, and it's changed my opinion of him (for the better) slightly.

More of that possibly in the DVD+extras to be released in the New Year. Though doubt whether it'll include footage of what was said between all the parties in the hotel after La Toussuire, for example...can't see any film maker being given access to film at that particular point...
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Just watched this last night for the first time. I love how cut throat Brad is with people regarding his privacy. Things that stood out for me:

Brad's house and shed is amazing
    Hes a down to earth bloke
    His training team have great banter
    His wife would get it
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0