Bradley wiggins - A year in yellow

Neale1978
Neale1978 Posts: 484
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Its a documentary on sky atlantic hd on the 21st november

Does anyone know if its possible to view it online at any point?

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    im sure it will be available to download on a certain dutch site within 24hrs of its airing!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I love to cycle. Such torrents of emotional joy :mrgreen:
  • Neale1978
    Neale1978 Posts: 484
    haha yes.. all sorted, cheers :wink:
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Nov 24 - that's only been 4 months...
  • short trailer here if anyones not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d9AE2F7gbk
  • skylla wrote:
    Nov 24 - that's only been 4 months...

got his first yellow jersey at Paris-Nice in March. Every race he's ridden since then up to and including the Tour, he's spent most days in yellow and ended the races in yellow.

its a phrase, innit. stop being so literal. :roll:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    durhamwasp wrote:
    im sure it will be available to download on a certain dutch site within 24hrs of its airing!

Could you be more specific? *looks innocent*
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looking forward to this, enjoyed the road to glory.
  • ddraver
    Ah ok I know have the name of the cycle torrents Netherlands website and understand Mad Rappers post much better as well...

I amy or may not be watching Road to Glory soon
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Clearly kids from Kilburn do win the TdF. I do hope I'm not going to have to listen to that more than once in the documentary :(
  • Graham Norton Show, The

Next new episode: Friday 9th November @ 10:35pm, BBC1.

Episode 12.4, Bradley Wiggins, Cameron Diaz, Sarah Millican, Rod Stewart: With Tour de France and Olympic champion cyclist Bradley Wiggins; Hollywood star Cameron Diaz; top comedian Sarah Millican; and musical legend Rod Stewart who also performs When You Wish Upon a Star.
  • Clearly kids from Kilburn do win the TdF. I do hope I'm not going to have to listen to that more than once in the documentary :(

Might want to start a Wiggo buzzword bingo game

"Kids from Kilburn dont win the TdF"
    "not built on sand"
    "f^%k* (all tenses)
    "c^£t"

for starters
    :)
  • decent preview of tonight's film

http://www.pulsefilms.com/work/bradley- ... in-yellow/

directed by John Dower who made Thrilla in Manila so that's promising

ddraver: take a glance at Dower's twitter feed (@JohnDower71) over the last 3 months - I think you'll find it entertaining... :wink:
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469

Might want to start a Wiggo buzzword drinking game

"not built on sand"
    "f^%k* (all tenses)
    "c^£t"

for starters

Fixed it for you ;)
  • ddraver
    Thanks RR - large smirk..... :lol::lol::lol:
    - @ddraver
  • and in case our favourite Dutch site lets us down and for those who dont have Sky...there'll be a DVD release. See bottom of this:

http://tbivision.com/highlight/2012/11/ ... low/19789/
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    If, like me, you are with Virgin and don't have Sky Atlantic, then its on Sky Sports 3 later in the month (27th I think)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Clearly kids from Kilburn do win the TdF. I do hope I'm not going to have to listen to that more than once in the documentary :(

Might want to start a Wiggo buzzword bingo game

"not built on sand"
    "f^%k* (all tenses)
    "c^£t"

for starters

"We've trained for this"
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    LincolnImp wrote:
    Graham Norton Show, The

Episode 12.4, Bradley Wiggins, Cameron Diaz, Sarah Millican, Rod Stewart: With Tour de France and Olympic champion cyclist Bradley Wiggins; Hollywood star Cameron Diaz; top comedian Sarah Millican; and musical legend Rod Stewart who also performs When You Wish Upon a Star.

I wonder if when Rod Stewart butchers - i mean sings - when you wish upon a star Bradley will have the same face as when Lesley Garrett was 'singing'.
  • philw80
    philw80 Posts: 436
    LincolnImp wrote:
    Graham Norton Show, The

Wasn't he due to film that two weeks ago, but then had his crash?
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Yeah he never appeared on The Graham Norton show

What was "A Year in Yellow" like?
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Watching it now. My wife is loving Shane Sutton and the rest of them. Are they are right in the head she asks me!
  • Shane Sutton is great, a real character. Great programme so far.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    "my nan wouldn't let me turn up at her house in a white rolls"

Wiggins is a fcuking legend!!
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Loved the programme, pretty good insight into the world of Wiggo. I want a 'shed' like his 8)
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Yes, very good into programme. Question though, why did they have to use commentary from the Phil and Paul show when Sky obviously had their own Tour commentators? Just can't listen to Liggett!
  • Guyzie wrote:
    Yes, very good into programme. Question though, why did they have to use commentary from the Phil and Paul show when Sky obviously had their own Tour commentators? Just can't listen to Liggett!

Sky don't cover the Tour. Their cycling 'experts' are less clued up than #1 bandwagon jumper Brendan Galagher!
  • ddraver
    Time to visit our friendly sit tonight I think...
    - @ddraver
  • Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Guyzie wrote:

Sky don't cover the Tour. Their cycling 'experts' are less clued up than #1 bandwagon jumper Brendan Galagher!

Stupid me confusing Sky/Eurosport :-)
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    It was good I thought too. Wiggins came across like a good bloke I thought and it was interesting to get a bit more insight in to his life and character. There were some funny bits in it too and Sutton is classic, never realised he lived where did, above a bike shop.