Bradley wiggins - A year in yellow

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Paul 8v wrote:
    That said, I'd probably get an ironing board...
    My mother in law won't use an ironing board. Doesn't trust them. Uses a towel on a table.
  • Great program.. Was worth the wait for sure
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Do you have to pay to get on P bay?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver

• But have you watched it yet?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

But have you watched it yet?

I've got it and watched 5 mins this morning before work. Very good so far. Will watch the rest at lunch. You?

I've got it and watched 5 mins this morning before work. Very good so far. Will watch the rest at lunch. You?

Yeah, I've got Sky. I've seen it about 8 or 9 times already. :D

Blimey, that's going it some! I'm at the 2 x viewings level, but going to hit 3 this evening

Blimey, that's going it some! I'm at the 2 x viewings level, but going to hit 3 this evening

OK, I was joking. It's just been on quite a few times. I watched it Friday night and thought it was quite good. Wiggins comes across very well, as does Shane Sutton.
  • ddraver
    Be a sweet and leave it seeding for a few days will you torrent peeps?
    - @ddraver
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Cath Wiggins came across well to, especially when referring to 'Brad the cyclist' as a bit of tw*t :)
  • ddraver wrote:
    Do you have to pay to get on P bay?

No :roll:

Link to it: http://unblockedpiratebay.com/index.php ... LNORfm1bL4
  • ddraver
    Hmm, need to explore these regions of the interweb more...
    - @ddraver
  • http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/must-reads-wiggo-better-than-la-ogrady-aims-for-history_266242

Isn' t this exactly the sort of stuff various moaners have been wanting him to come out with?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/news/must-reads-wiggo-better-than-la-ogrady-aims-for-history_266242

Isn' t this exactly the sort of stuff various moaners have been wanting him to come out with?

Oh yeah, this is going to make them happy isnt it...oh hang on :roll:

I like the way VeloNews has gone all Hello mag - or rather, Hola! - with the last para 'Spanish dailies also reported over the weekend that Wiggins is shopping for a house on the Mediterranean island, which is popular with cyclists.'

Jeez, cycling websites really are on the cutting edge of journalism, arent they
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That's almost the "not built on sand" quote, everyone have a shot #wiggins drinking game :-)
  • Not being the greatest technical person where computer are involved, how do you download from cycling torrents?

• --Darren-- wrote:
    Not being the greatest technical person where computer are involved, how do you download from cycling torrents?

If you are so inclined (and in no particular order)

1. Sign up for a cyclingtorrents.nl account.
    2. Download and install a bit-torrent client program. I am aware of http://www.utorrent.com (although others are available)
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Of course bit torrent clients are only for use with legally shared files and should not be used for any form of copyright violating material. Of course.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    --Darren-- wrote:
    Not being the greatest technical person where computer are involved, how do you download from cycling torrents?

2. Download and install a bit-torrent client program. I am aware of http://www.utorrent.com (although others are available)

So sticking a wet finger in the USB socket, clicking on the link and waiting for a few hours is likely to unfruitful?
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    --Darren-- wrote:

So sticking a wet finger in the USB socket, clicking on the link and waiting for a few hours is likely to unfruitful?

Yes
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Thought the programme was really good and whilst it was an easy watch for those not in the know about the sport they also avoided making it too simplified and spoonfed. Shane Sutton is a hero, proper spit & sawdust, no BS fella.. and seeing his flat made me like even more. Intrigued to know if he has partner/wife/gf or if he's a proper loner?

I loved how uncomfortable Wiggins looked when the school kids were singing to him, that was TV gold. My only gripe with Brad, and i'm a huge fan, is the whole 'i'm a f**king lad', Liam Gallagher'esq side does come across overplayed sometimes. I'm just uncertain at times as to whether it is an insecurity/shyness counteract thing, as i'm guessing it probably is because you can see the signs of that. I hope so, coz he's proper geezer and i thank god he's ours! :)
  • ddraver
    Got it - watching now
    - @ddraver
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Still down streaming. keep seeding chaps......

ps - only 17 hours to go!
    Peter
  • ddraver
    Cath Wiggins looks way better with straight hair.... #IncisiveCyclingCommentary
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moomaloid wrote:
    My only gripe with Brad, and i'm a huge fan, is the whole 'i'm a f**king lad', Liam Gallagher'esq side does come across overplayed sometimes. I'm just uncertain at times as to whether it is an insecurity/shyness counteract thing, as i'm guessing it probably is because you can see the signs of that. I hope so, coz he's proper geezer and i thank god he's ours! :)

I'm not a Wiggins fan, but I have to agree there. That whole thing feels massively forced. Sometime during the program I felt like Wiggins had been replaced by Woody from This is England.

Reasonable documentary. Didn't change my position on Sky or Wiggins. I will give him kudo's for the Olympics / Seb Coe comment. That was a bit unexpected.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Iain, what comment was that?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    paraphrasing slightly he said about the olympics " i want to go there and win it but i don't want to be ponsing around with Lord Coe and his merry men"

i think that followed the bit where he talked about having to take his kid for a number 2 on the way back from drinks with all of the sky execs which brought him down to earth. His son was loving that bit.

Came across pretty well i thought, though it would be good to see a cycling fans edit...
  • ddraver
    "didnt want to be one of Seb Coe's boys" basically....

i.e. he didnt want to be paraded around before/after the gaames. I suppose the before bit worked ok, he did tn get much choice about the after bit...

Edit - what he said...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Seemed happy enough to be ringing the bell at the opening ceremony though.

He's starting to irritate me with the whole "Don't want to be a celeb" bit...
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!