Jens.

124»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Jens battered and bleeding stringing the bunch out. Certified legend.

tdf11st14-VOIGT_ESCAPE_2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Top,top man. An absolute beast on the bike. Respect. If some top pro team has not signed him for 2014 they are all crazy.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    my mate reckons he was somewhere that after the tour(as in now) an article was going to come out detailing big Jensies doping in the 90s. Has anyone else seen/heard anything about this. As much of a legend that he is I doubt anyone genuinely thinks he has always been squeaky clean
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That would be this:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12929018

A load of samples from the 1998 Tour were retro-tested for in 2004 for EPO. Results are being announced tomorrow.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    2010 was his last good year.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    "The Jens Voigt Award for attacking goes to Jens Voigt: the last stage, the last mountain and still dealing out the pain. And he's 41. Respect." - Robert Millar in his blog on 2013 TdF

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert-millar/cest-fantastique
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    It seems he will be around for another year;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/voigt-to-continue-racing-in-2014
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    It seems he will be around for another year;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/voigt-to-continue-racing-in-2014

Will he stay at Trek?
  • Peter Sagan was eight 15 years ago. He could probably hardly read back then.

:lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Oh my, this is brilliant. Jens is a total legend. You can see Benson here feeling the heat.
    CN: With all due respect if you had gone down the path of Bassons it would perhaps be fair to say that you wouldn’t have ridden for some of the team managers that you have ridden for.

JV: Be more precise with that.

CN: Okay so you may have ridden for Roger Legay but maybe not for Riis, maybe not for Johan Bruyneel.

JV: Well my friend now you’re making me mad and angry. You’re a journalist right?

CN: Yes.

JV: Do you know anyone called Murdoch? Was he your friend? Have you ever worked with him? Do you feel dirty working in the same business as Murdorch and all this illegal tapping of phone lines? How do you feel about that? Answer the question please.

CN: Well there’s difference.

JV: Is there?

CN: Yes.

JV: Well not for me. I’m asking you a straight and fair question. Answer the question. Are you a colleague of Murdoch? What do you think about that?

CN: No. I’m not a colleague of Murdoch or an employee of his or work for any publication associated with him.

JV: Okay. See it’s easy to throw out any accusations. Bjarne and me, I would fucking put a lie detector right here and say that for not a split second did he ever mention something like ‘Jens do you need some help?’ Not for a split second did we talk about it. I’m not an idiot and now I know, but why should I not ride for him or sign for him. There was nothing against him to say that back in 2003. There was nothing to say against him. I try to judge people by my own and try to have my own opinion about people. I had seven fantastic years with Bjarne and I wouldn’t say a bad word about Bjarne. I would sign again with him. The way I was concerned he was always correct. My salary always came every month. We had arguments about races, that’s normal, but when I finally told him about this Luxembourg project we hugged each other and wished each other luck.

CN: And I wasn’t casting anything over the relationship you had with him on a personal level, it’s just that the reality is that we now know how people were seen in 2001 is different to how they’re seen now.

JV: I don’t know. You’re from Great Britain, right?

CN: I live there.

JV: So you know the News of The World. Do you read it? Do you feel guilty about it?

CN: It’s not the same thing.

JV: That’s an easy excuse. I would write in my column tomorrow that you refused to answer my question. How do you feel about that?

CN: Okay. What’s the question?

JV: I’m just trying to point to out that it’s easy that we know everything now and why didn’t you do this and that.

CN: You’re right if what you’re saying is that nothing is black and white. I agree on that. I’m not evading the question.

JV: You’re trying to dodge the question.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Team Jensie

That's an embarassing example of journalism by Benson - if journalism it was
  • Great responses. Good for him.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Wait, so Jens is saying that Riis and Bruyneel being dodgy was something that was recently discovered?

If Benson worked directly for Big Red or Andy C, maybe he's got a point but otherwise....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Benson's become a bit a tit, one of those journalists more intent on showing how 'hard-hitting' they are so that we might forget about all the Armstrong hagiographies they wrote back in the day.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Benson's become a bit a tit, one of those journalists more intent on showing how 'hard-hitting' they are so that we might forget about all the Armstrong hagiographies they wrote back in the day.

I didn't see it like that. You can see by the end of the interview both were enjoying the mental sparring.

Jens is still scared to admit he doped. But understandable why and I think he tried to explain this in the interview without exactly saying that he did dope.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    edited December 2013
    RichN95 wrote:

I didn't see it like that. You can see by the end of the interview both were enjoying the mental sparring.

[b"]Defamatory Statement". [/b]But understandable why and I think he tried to explain this in the interview without exactly saying that he did dope.

I think you've crossed the defamation line with that post. You might want to edit your post. I'm quite happy to remove mine if you do.

EDIT: I have removed the offending part from my post. You really should do the same
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    RichN95 wrote:

Jens is still scared to admit he doped. But understandable why and I think he tried to explain this in the interview without exactly saying that he did dope.

Perhaps this is because the filter over your perception of all successful pro cyclists is something like this: they simply must must must, almost certainly, definitely, very very probably, not 100% but 99.9999%.... Have doped.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Oh noes.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Regardless of how you think about Voigt it was a car crash of an interview. Benson's done a couple of these.
  • RichN95.
    Regardless of how you think about Voigt it was a car crash of an interview. Benson's done a couple of these.
    The problem is he reads the forum on his own website and they lap this sort of stuff up so he thinks he's doing great. And he's the boss so (as Voigt inadvertently points out) no-one is going to tell him if what he writes is crap.
  • Tyler Hamilton having a good laugh at Jens and his untruths about doping per the CN interview.

Fond memories of Voigt powering up the Tourmlalet or chasing down Ullrich in 2004. All clean :shock: Yes all clean. Apprently, yes?

Just teasing. But Tyler Hamilton appears to know some things about Jens at CSC.

Thoughts?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Jens is a character and the Tour Down Under starts 19th Jan.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Jens V dealt very badly with those questions put to him re doping by D Benson. I couldn't give a monkeys what results Jens gets this season. I wish he would just go away, retire now.
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    Jens V dealt very badly with those questions put to him re doping by D Benson. I couldn't give a monkeys what results Jens gets this season. I wish he would just go away, retire now.
    Agree. I like Jens, but staying in racing is making him look stupid, he's continuing an omerta that is no longer around.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Agree. I like Jens, but staying in racing is making him look stupid, he's continuing an omerta that is no longer around.

I think history will be the judge of that. Whilst we would all like cycling to be clean, it isn't. Cleaner perhaps.
  • RichN95.
    Dave_1 wrote:
    It's not 'omerta'. We all make mistakes, only those with reality TV shows want to talk about them. The guy's got a wife and six kids. If Benson thinks Voigt should have made to make some grand pointless gesture when Bruyneel gets forced on Leopard then he's a idiot. Lots of people don't like their boss, but they get on with it.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,544
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    It's not 'omerta'. We all make mistakes, only those with reality TV shows want to talk about them. The guy's got a wife and six kids. If Benson thinks Voigt should have made to make some grand pointless gesture when Bruyneel gets forced on Leopard then he's a idiot. Lots of people don't like their boss, but they get on with it.

Yet again, gritty Welsh realism wins the day Rich. Is it the rain that does that to you? ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    Is it the rain that does that to you? ;-)
    About 20 minutes ago I thought we'd been hit by a hurricane - hardest rain I can remember. It's died down now.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    RichN95 wrote:
    Is it the rain that does that to you? ;-)
    About 20 minutes ago I thought we'd been hit by a hurricane - hardest rain I can remember. It's died down now.

That was hail mate. I know cos I sent my 7 year old out to check :D

Strava is not Zen.