Tour de France 2013 - the Route

Richmond Racer
Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
edited November 2012 in Pro race
Let's get ready to chat about something more positive (pardon the pun)

THE ROUTE

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • gotta love Inner Ring

twice up the Alpe - sick, sick :) Cav's new Quick Stepper mountain nanny might to be advised to start the prozac sooner rather than later

starting the final day at Versailles is inspired
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    We holiday in Normandy every year but this will be the first Tour I get to see on the road. Should be able to make it to the Avranches/Mont St Michel TT and the stage from Fougeres. Very excited already.
  • pretty Brit-friendly route
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited October 2012
    live presentation here, chaps

http://www.letour.fr/us/

EDIT
  • Gotta love a great brit dominated montage :-)
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited October 2012
    Gotta love a great brit dominated montage :-)
    Yeah it was awesome and makes you realise that, whilst not the best, it was still a pretty good tour with some excellent stories along the way.
  • bit of Cav campness there in the intro to the riders memories of le Tour :):)
  • Ventoux for me then! :D
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Hike up the AdH with a deck chair and a picnic methinks.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    gotta love Inner Ring

twice up the Alpe - sick, sick :) Cav's new Quick Stepper mountain nanny might to be advised to start the prozac sooner rather than later

Don't go recommending riders to dope - we are in a clean new era now remember?
  • oneof1982
    Evening finish in Paris confirmed. 8)
  • Pross wrote:
    gotta love Inner Ring

Don't go recommending riders to dope - we are in a clean new era now remember?

Perish the thought..homeopathic remedies only to calm the nerves..
  • Prudhomme: 'We'll invite all the previous riders who've finished....'

That's one invite that won't be making its way to Austin, TX
  • oneof1982
    I've seen Cav on the AdH. He will be lucky to get up the first time before the leaders come round for the second time. :lol::lol::lol:
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Where's Dave Brailsford's detailed response to the route that was announced 20 minutes ago?! I don't trust a single word that doesn't come out of his - or anyone else at Sky's - mouth...
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Where's Dave Brailsford's detailed response to the route that was announced 20 minutes ago?! I don't trust a single word that doesn't come out of his - or anyone else at Sky's - mouth...

Never mind the pressure to make the Wiggo vs Froome-for-leader call RIGHT NOW...otherwise what is he trying to hide? :lol:
  • oneof1982
    I noted one reference to Etape du Tour (Annecy) stage. Was that it? Only one Etape this year, or did I miss something?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Good route form the looks of things - will have to wait for the profiles.

I think I may ave to plan a trip to Le Semnoz.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I love Annecy, but would prefer to ride an Etape with some of the classic climbs, so if this is the stage then I'm not bothering.
  • I love this route. Next challenge: working out how many stages I can get away with, going to watch..
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    oneof1982 wrote:
    I've seen Cav on the AdH. He will be lucky to get up the first time before the leaders come round for the second time. :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt Lefevere is looking into the best spot to do the old Cavendish/Leipheimer Switcheroo so Cav only has to ride AdH once. Levi will have chubbed-up a bit by next Summer, so they'll only need to stick a wig on him and put gaffer tape over the Q8 logos on his old kit...
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    oneof1982 wrote:

No doubt Lefevere is looking into the best spot to do the old Cavendish/Leipheimer Switcheroo so Cav only has to ride AdH once. Levi will have chubbed-up a bit by next Summer, so they'll only need to stick a wig on him and put gaffer tape over the Q8 logos on his old kit...

plus teach Bottle how to say 'fook' a few times
  • oneof1982
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    I love Annecy, but would prefer to ride an Etape with some of the classic climbs, so if this is the stage then I'm not bothering.

I think I agree. Only upside is logistics mught be easier than usual, i.e. start and finish quite close by the looks of things.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    So brad for the giro and supporting Froome at the Tdf ... Not much of a surprise but from the horses mouth ...
  • According to the esteemed Cycling Weekly, Wiggo's just confirmed that he'll prioritise the Giro next year but be at the Tour to support 'a team mate'

Cue the shouts of Sky and Wiggo 'dishonouring' the maillot jaune by not defending it :roll:
  • oneof1982
    According to the esteemed Cycling Weekly, Wiggo's just confirmed that he'll prioritise the Giro next year but be at the Tour to support 'a team mate'

Cue the shouts of Sky and Wiggo 'dishonouring' the maillot jaune by not defending it :roll:

Outrage blah blah blah....told you he was useless..... blah blah blah......SKy blah blah blah ........boring blah blah blah.......wouldn't have one last year blah blah blh
    ah...ah a. :evil:
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    oneof1982 wrote:
    According to the esteemed Cycling Weekly, Wiggo's just confirmed that he'll prioritise the Giro next year but be at the Tour to support 'a team mate'

Outrage blah blah blah....told you he was useless..... blah blah blah......SKy blah blah blah ........boring blah blah blah.......wouldn't have one last year blah blah blh

A lot can happen between now and July, but yeah, blah blah blah

So can anyone recommend a good campsite near Annecy, needs to be child friendly.
  • oneof1982 wrote:

Great, so now that's out of the way.... :lol:
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I like the fact they will be circling round the Arc de Triomphe on the final stage, that will be good, and I suppose it would increase the amount of spectating available.

Also the finish directly after the descent to Le Grand-Bornand, thats good. And a team time trial, not everyone's tasse de the, but I think they're great as long as the tv pictures are good.